X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alex Mogilny
    Head Fluffer
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Lou
    And by the way you did post a thread at vhtrading.com awhile back saying how you had 20 boots or so and none of them had seamless track transitions, unless that was someone else posting as alex-mogilny who also happens to be in New York.

http://www.vhtrading.com/cgi-bin/ult...;f=13;t=000072
    That is me....that was when I just got a burner and could not convert DAT to CD, so I thought I would get them over the web from other traders.....big mistake, especially from that site.

I wasn't...still am not all that technically inclined with the PC. I didn't know the difference between MP3 and WAV at that time.

I am still skeptical about getting shows from people on the WEB.....I've even tried the bit-torrent, FLAC and SHN methods. I have some ZEP shows I recently converted from DAT and they sound better than the stuff I downloaded from sharingthegroove.

I found a guy through Goldmine magazine about a year ago who had over 150 VH shows on DAT, bought them all and converted them to audio CD....they sound better than the MP3 stuff, but as far as sound quality....they are all pretty bad....even the board shows are flat.

So, I don't know if you were trying to embarass me or what, but that's the story and as a whole VH bootlegs sound like putrid shit.

Comment

• Lou

Any show you get from DAT is gonna be the highest quality of course. But what are the chances people are going to share that for nothing? There's only one person and it's the guy running royal-orleans.com . The Zep traders on STG are also interested in highest quality though. If they don't sound as good, it has nothing to do with .shn/.flac, which when converted gives you back the original .wav.

How much did that cost to buy Master>DAT bootlegs? I'm sure a fortune.

Comment

• Alex Mogilny
        Head Fluffer
        • Apr 2004

I bought them for $1500, roughly $10 a tape. He didn't think there was any demand for the VH shows....told me he tried to sell them to some bootleg record cos. in Japan and Europe and nobody wanted them.

I have bought some Zep shows as well. The Zep guys know what they have. I bought a DAT of 4/27/69 SB...set me back $300. but the sound quality is much better than Collage and a few of the other SB versions of the show.

Comment

• Alex Mogilny
          Head Fluffer
          • Apr 2004

I'm not technical at all, but I think that through all of this converting, there is some loss.

No hard feelings to you Lou, I was just a little pissy at work today.
          If you ever run across the Oakland '81 sounboard show......let me know

Comment

• Lou

Tell you what, if you don't like the quality of the DAT's I'll gladly take them off your hands

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

yes, please!
              Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Amsterdam '79, huh?.....
                Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• philouze
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2004

Right.
                  What a great lesson of life we had here !!
                  Thanx Lou & Alex M. !!!!

Comment

• MrBeasty
                    Roth Army Recruit
                    • Apr 2004

Where d'they go?
                    See Me Roll - Hear Me Rock!

Comment

• Jesus Christ
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Alex Mogilny
                      I'm not technical at all, but I think that through all of this converting, there is some loss.

No hard feelings to you Lou, I was just a little pissy at work today.
                      If you ever run across the Oakland '81 sounboard show......let me know
                      Verily, even I, the Son of Man, do not have the Oakland '81 show. Ye may consider that one the "Holy Grail" of live recordings, My son.

Comment

• GAR
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2004

Maybe the sound quality base is for shit from the start, but the performances are definately there.

Im no connoiseur when it comes to dealing with boots, but its realy annoying when the cassette or tape reels get stored improperly and the recording comes out with that "swoosh-swoosh-swoosh" noise going.. THAT is a bad recording, IMO

Comment

Working...