• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • secrets
    Foot Soldier
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Cato
    my vote goes to Live And Loud. love it.
    I love that one too! Amazing sound and performance.

Best pro shot of the band in concert I've seen so far is Argentina '83 a truly fantastic show.

Largo '82 is also excellent.
    Achtung Baby I say, I say...

Comment

• pete
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Catfish
      Absofuckinglutely! A perfect boot!

The only thing is that dull-assed Japanese audience!!! What the fuck's that about, Cato???? LOL!
      and cato:

what's up with 25 guys jerking off in a room and squirting it on some chick. Who thought of that? What's the appeal?

Comment

• ClubDave
        Roadie
        • Aug 2004

in my possesion is an incredible vh boot.......im really not sure if it has a title or if its available here.......but they play in washington d.c i think, and DLR for the entire fucking night keeps going..... "THANK YOU BALTIMORE WASHINGTONNNNNNNNN!" he says baltimore washington so many times and it never loses its humor.......setlist is amazing, sound quality is top notch and the camera work is excellent, so you get a real nice up close shot at the jumping split for aint talkin bout love

Comment

• nutts
          Groupie
          • Jan 2004

Theres a link to the San P. show here(in bootleg section).Its DVD though.
          GO!

Comment

• Lou

Originally posted by ClubDave
            in my possesion is an incredible vh boot.......im really not sure if it has a title or if its available here.......but they play in washington d.c i think, and DLR for the entire fucking night keeps going..... "THANK YOU BALTIMORE WASHINGTONNNNNNNNN!" he says baltimore washington so many times and it never loses its humor.......setlist is amazing, sound quality is top notch and the camera work is excellent, so you get a real nice up close shot at the jumping split for aint talkin bout love
            I'm sure that's Largo 10/12/82, regarded as one of the best out there.

Comment

• Rebel
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Feb 2004

That's my fav vid.
              The BLASTFurnace turned me into a bitch

Comment

• rustoffa
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Diver Down off the Atlantic?

Yep, that's a keeper.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Feb 2004

Any concert off the DD tour seems to be alright. 82 to 83 was a peak time indeed. (although US Fest is still not high on my list of fav's)
                  "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Cato
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

me, 70 votes owner Cato believes their peak time was from '79 to '81.
                    Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• Lou

The 1980 shows would be a lot more enjoyable if we had some quality recordings of them. VH recordings have historically been by and large shitty but 1980 for whatever reason was hardest hit. Basically there are no really nice sounding 1980 North American shows. London 6/23/80 and 6/24/80 are about it for shows that are B+ quality or better.

One thing that I don't understand about that tour is why they tuned WAY the hell down--a whole step down instead of the normal half step down. But then from 1982 on they were generally (not always, but generally) not tuned down at all.

1981 shows are OK in terms of recording quality, 1979 shows are on the whole pretty good. Actually 1978 shows are pretty good too.

Comment

• Orgazmo

I think Oct. 15, 1977 is the best sounding but the show is kinda uneventful, not alot of good Dave talk. Stockholm, Sweden 8/25/84 - Van Halen Rapes Stockholm is the best all around out there.

Comment

• tex36
                          Roth Army Recruit
                          • Aug 2004

How is the montreal 84 show?

Comment

• Lou

Originally posted by Orgazmo
                            I think Oct. 15, 1977 is the best sounding but the show is kinda uneventful, not alot of good Dave talk. Stockholm, Sweden 8/25/84 - Van Halen Rapes Stockholm is the best all around out there.
                            You have to be kidding me. Seriously, you'd tell a rookie collector to go for that one above others?? It's an A recording but strictly for the recording quality. No 1984 show deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence with "best all around."

One of those South American shows, maybe Sao Paulo 1/21/83 could be considered "the best all around" because of the diverse setlist and the covers, and that it's a video SB.

Comment

• Lou

Originally posted by tex36
                              How is the montreal 84 show?
                              The video is enjoyable but that's partially because it's the only complete 1984 show circulating. It's certainly a good show (when did Dave ever NOT put on a good show?) but the sound quality and setlist aren't anything special.

It's not worth seeking out as audio-only; if you're gonna get it, get the DVD.

Comment

• scrapdizzy
                                Roth Army Recruit
                                • Aug 2004

Anyone heard of DEmos disc called "Thats all Folks?"

Where might I find it?

Comment

Working...