Van Halen- Conference Building, Pasadena Convention Center, Pasadena, Ca 5/29/76

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

They should never have shortened the Somebody Get Me A Doctor solo in the studio.

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

I remember reading an interview with Ed's old guitar tech Rudy. He said he thought the whammy bar and some of the newer equipment made Ed lazy. He said Ed played better in the old days because for a lot of the set he didn't have a whammy and they were just normal amps he had to have more finger technique to squeeze what he wanted out of them. I think what Rudy was talking about shows up quite well in this recording.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

The Gain his amps have been capable of producing has been going up since the Soldano days shortly after Roth left. The "lead" channel on the Fender 5150 III has INSANE amounts of gain, almost to the point of overkill. The middle channel however is still "Brown Sound" city.
        Originally posted by conmee
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
        Originally posted by eddie78
        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
          His pick technique was impeccable back in the day...
          So true. Before he dove into the tapping thing full time, he used to rip shit up. And lets not forget Ed's vibrato (not the bar)...
          Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
            Nobody can do it like ED but I really tried to do it like him. You have to let your hand go into a spasm. It's fun to do. It's like a relaxed spasm basically. Ed has all those unique things. You can haul ass on the pick doing it that way.
            Ed would use that "gimmick" on single string trills. You'd never see him cross strings with that technique. I always hoped he would knock off the gimmick and get back to more shredding...

Comment

• Diamondjimi
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2004

Killer bootleg, thanks for posting. I'm downloading this using Youtube Downloader to add to my collection. cool program....

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Damn they were on fire! Dave's voice is freaking unreal! I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but damn they need Mikey back in the band now...
                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  They should never have shortened the Somebody Get Me A Doctor solo in the studio.
                  I know, right? Any time I've found a recording of that song, I'm more blown away by how sick that longer solo is. I think this is one of the first bootlegs I ever got, back in the early 90's at my hot spot on Bleecker Street. Used to walk in and go right to the glass case that had all of these cassettes with shitty covers printed on colored photcopy paper. Kid in a ma' fuckin' candy store.

Comment

Working...