Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WACF
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

I am still waiting for my Largo DVD...feels good don't it...he seems real good when he returns emails....just nothing is showing up.

Comment

• secrets
      Foot Soldier
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by WACF
      I am still waiting for my Largo DVD...feels good don't it...he seems real good when he returns emails....just nothing is showing up.
      He's a very gifted con man this Mr.F. He's also a real son of a bitch too. How long you been waiting?

I'm waiting until the end of the month then I'm reporting him to ebay. Does anyone have his user name? I don't have that anymore.

I'm also going to report him to the BBB. I suggest you do the same if you can.

He should not get away with this.
      Achtung Baby I say, I say...

Comment

• Lou

I have never dealt with Fletch and based on the numerous horror stories I've heard about him, I never will. And I bet I have a couple of upgrades of existing boots as well as newly-surfaced ones that he doesn't. Oh well.

Comment

• Rebel
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Feb 2004

I know people have had problems, he's very slow at times.

But he's really alright, he's always done me right, he helped me start out collecting and trading, put as a branch on the Reunion discs right when I first started to get some boots, hooked me up on some two for ones, so I can't say anything bad.

I do know one thing, people have told me they may have mail him several times, but I haven't come across anyone that he didn't come through for in the end, it just may take him awhile. I know he's behind on his tree over on the trade. I'll shoot him a line and see what's up.
          The BLASTFurnace turned me into a bitch

Comment

• WACF
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

I have been waiting since December.

At first we came up with must of got lost or customs took it.

He was gonna resend it but I never got anything.

like I said...he seemed really good with respnding.
            The last time I enquired I never heard back.

I figure I got took and that is all there is to it.

Comment

• Lou

To Rebel:

You know what, if it's gonna take 6 months to produce your end of the deal, is it even worth the aggravation? I did a Police trade (actually a Police buy on my end) with someone where it took me over 4 months to bring the purchase to closure. Needless to say I won't be dealing with that person ever again.

Comment

• secrets
                Foot Soldier
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Rebel
                I know people have had problems, he's very slow at times.

But he's really alright, he's always done me right, he helped me start out collecting and trading, put as a branch on the Reunion discs right when I first started to get some boots, hooked me up on some two for ones, so I can't say anything bad.

I do know one thing, people have told me they may have mail him several times, but I haven't come across anyone that he didn't come through for in the end, it just may take him awhile. I know he's behind on his tree over on the trade. I'll shoot him a line and see what's up.
                There are a few people here who haven't received their goods and have sent me PMs saying they've had the same problem as me.

Slow is one thing. Lying about sending something and saying oh well it got lost in the post then. I'll send another, when you don't even intend to do that is fraud in my book. Not even incompetence, fraud.

I've been waiting for 3 months and I've come to the conclusion I've been ripped off like many others.

Comment

• Rebel
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Feb 2004

I agree with you guys 100%, especially when you've paid for something. I don't know what's up, I haven't heard anything from him myself in a couple of weeks.

Comment

• secrets
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Apr 2004

He got scared and did a runner coz I said I'd report him at the end of this month if he didn't deliver my DVD.

Run Fletch...Run!

Comment

• Cato
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

he will repeat the same under the different name, because that's one of his businesses...
                      Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• secrets
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Apr 2004

Please reveal more Cato, we are fascinated by his exploits.

Comment

• secrets
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Cato
                          he will repeat the same under the different name, because that's one of his businesses...
                          You're absolutely right now he's "Jim". Got an email direct from the BTP website recently, standard reply it reads as follows:

I'm based in the US but I will ship to the UK if you want anything from me. I have the best versions of these VH shows.

I'm trying to sell the DVDs at a reasonable price so I can share my favorite band (Van Halen) with other people. I can sell the 2 DVD sets for $25 & 1 DVD for $20. It would be $5.00 shipping for each order. I would like payment through PayPal & then I'll ship out the DVDs the next day....

Here's a complete list of DVDs that we have to offer [ratings on a 1-10 scale]:

Edward Van Halen & Friends '83-'99 (2 DVD) [various quality - 5 to 9]
                          Van Halen & David Lee Roth - All the Promo Videos '77-'98 (2 DVD) [7]

Van Halen with David Lee Roth
                          -----------------------------
                          Van Halen - Largo, MD 10-11-82 (2 DVD) [8]
                          Van Halen - Sao Paulo, Brazil 01-21-83 (2 DVD) [7]
                          Van Halen - Buenos Aires, Argentina 02-11-83 (1 DVD) [7]
                          Van Halen - 1983 South American Tour Rare Songs (1 DVD) [8]
                          Van Halen - US Festival 05-29-83 (2 DVD) 20th Anniversay Edition [8]
                          Van Halen - Montreal, Quebec 04-19-84 (1 DVD) [7]
                          Van Halen - Rape of the Vaults 1 (1 DVD) RARE Panama Outakes [9]
                          Van Halen - Rape of the Vaults 2 (1 DVD) RARE Jump Outakes [9]

Van Halen with Sammy Hagar
                          --------------------------
                          Van Halen - Live Without A Net '85/'86 Collection (2 DVD) [9]
                          Van Halen - Dallas, TX "Free Outdoor Daytime Show 12-04-91 (1 DVD) [8]
                          Van Halen - Pensacola, FL 03-11-95 Complete show (1 DVD) [8]
                          Van Halen - Toronto, Canada 08-19-95 (2 DVD) [9]

David Lee Roth Solo
                          -------------------
                          Hartford, CT 08-22-02 (1 DVD) [10]
                          New York, NY 09-13-03 (2 DVD) [9]

Thank You,
                          Jim

Comment

• Rebel
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by secrets
                            You're absolutely right now he's "Jim". Got an email direct from the BTP website recently, standard reply it reads as follows:
                            It's a different person dude. BTB is a label Paul and Jim started.

Comment

• secrets
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Apr 2004

Thanks for that. I wonder if Jim is trustworthy?

Comment

• Rebel
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by secrets
                                Thanks for that. I wonder if Jim is trustworthy?
                                I've never heard of Jim being dishonest.

Comment

Working...