X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carmine
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by hard rock
    nickleback in some cases sounds more like metallica than metallica sounds these days. these guys are talented and they rock. they put on a free concert a year ago when they released the long road downtown toronto. i was there and so was 50 thousand others. they closed the street. later that night i met chad kilger at the hard rock cafe on yonge street just up from where they played. the guy has no ego or chip on his shoulder. great band overall.

Metallica is trying to regain their edge! I am in the minority, but I like St. Anger. It is way better than Load or Re-Load. The only thing I dont care for is Lars snare sound...it sounds like a F'n steel drum and ruins the overall sound.

Comment

• hard rock
      Head Fluffer
      • Oct 2004

i like the edgier tunes but st anger i dont know its like they are trying to appeal to the kiddie skate boarders you know. i like tunes like for whom the bells toll and seek and deystroy tunes that are heavy but have a good hook and melody. i dont mind some tunes from load and reload.

Comment

• bueno bob
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Carmine Raguzza.
        Metallica is trying to regain their edge! I am in the minority, but I like St. Anger. It is way better than Load or Re-Load. The only thing I dont care for is Lars snare sound...it sounds like a F'n steel drum and ruins the overall sound.
        I'm with you, Carmine. I liked St. Anger as well due to the fact that they were playing fast again...the drums sounded like shit, true, but even that grew on me after a bit, really. St. Anger was heads and tails above anything since the black album, and it certainly replays a lot better than Load or Reload did.

Van Halen was over the top with their shit, true, but at least they were serious about being over the top...The Darkness strikes me as being over the top for sole joking purposes. It just looks silly and makes people laugh, which is not really what I'd like to see happening for the rock/metal scene in general; it makes us look like a bunch of outdated dinosaurs that everybody can sit around and laugh at, when deep down the music really should be taken seriously.

I don't like them now, and unless they act a little more seriously, I doubt I ever will.
        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Carmine
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2004

St. Anger sounds alot better on the DVD jam sessions that were included, there is no "tinggy" drum sound.

Comment

• hard rock
            Head Fluffer
            • Oct 2004

yeah that tingin noise drives me nuts. it sounds like lars was in the kitchen hitting some pots and pans. i also agree with bobble head bob that the darkness look like and act like a spoof band. kinda like a spinal tap band you know a bunch of kidders. the general public will be like what the fuck is wrong with metal heads. oh by the way boblehead im just hazing you( he he all in good fun dude)

Comment

• bueno bob
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by hard rock
              yeah that tingin noise drives me nuts. it sounds like lars was in the kitchen hitting some pots and pans. i also agree with bobble head bob that the darkness look like and act like a spoof band. kinda like a spinal tap band you know a bunch of kidders. the general public will be like what the fuck is wrong with metal heads. oh by the way boblehead im just hazing you( he he all in good fun dude)
              Hazing I can dig. Just be careful - you don't want the Sith Shepherd coming down on your ass in the pen! Trust me, my list of victims is growing by the day...I can think of two or three right now that are about to join the list, and that's BAAAAAD company to be in...

Peace.
              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Carmine
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2004

LOL! The Sith Sheperd...

Comment

• bueno bob
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Don't worry, my friend...I've a LOT of coolness yet to attain before I'm even able to stand in the same room with the Big Ragoo...lol

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Golden AWe
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Justin Hawkins - like his vocals or not, he's cool enough with the fact that when I saw them live, everytime he asked if we were having a good time, he told us to reply "yes, you fucking cunt!"

That's more humor and irony than 95% of todays bands have all together...
                    Originally posted by Cato
                    Golden, why are you FAT?
                    Originally posted by lesfunk
                    Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Lou

Boy did this band fade fast. They had their five minutes over the summer and then poof! That singer is such an annoying fuckin' faggot too. I mean it's one thing to be a good singer like David Bowie or Freddie Mercury and just be gay, but it's another to be an all-out talentless fag like that guy.

Comment

• singerman
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jan 2004

For fucks sake!.....the darkness are a great band...they maybe not too original....but they are just having a bit of fun with the style of music they grew up listening to...it may not be to everyones taste...but what the hell.....i admire the fact they are having a blast and not being told what to play by some record company....as for 'Knickersback' or whatever they are called.....i find them much funnier to watch than The Darkness ;-)

Comment

• Vivian Campbell
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Oct 2004

I'm glad The Darkness isn’t afraid to make people laugh a little while enjoying kick ass music - it’s the Classic VH principle.

The minute a band or a singer starts taking themselves too seriously they become major league pricks singing pretentious music with some kind of deep "meaning." If you want a great example check out Bruce Shitstein. The last thing we need are more geeks like the Beastie Boys attempting to turn their garbage music into a forum to effect social change.
                          The Fat Lady is singing for Van Hagar.

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attac...&postid=392002

Comment

• Golden AWe
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Lou
                            Boy did this band fade fast. They had their five minutes over the summer and then poof! That singer is such an annoying fuckin' faggot too. I mean it's one thing to be a good singer like David Bowie or Freddie Mercury and just be gay, but it's another to be an all-out talentless fag like that guy.
                            fade? you mean you don't see them on your mtv anymore? bwahahahaha...
                            Originally posted by Cato
                            Golden, why are you FAT?
                            Originally posted by lesfunk
                            Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                            http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• hard rock
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Oct 2004

i agree with carmine that nickeback simply Rawks!!!! as for comparing them to creed what da f@$k get your ears checked out man. nickleback will put circles around creed. Creed only wishes they had the balls to rawk like that. as for the darkness i dig the music but the vocals tax my nerves you know and the overall look just looks like an over glorified version of spinal tap. almost like spinal tap gone mad just to much of a cheese factor to take them seriously

Comment

• rustoffa
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

Get your minds outta the gutter, muthafuckhahhhhhs!

Comment

Working...