• Show
Clear All
  • Soul Reaper
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2005

Thanks for the info!
    ROTH ARMY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=RothArmyVideos

"May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face." - Frank Zappa to Tipper Gore

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Oct 2004

PROG NEWS

UNICORN DIGITAL would like to welcome Texas band LITTLE KING into the family.

Formed in 1996 in by RYAN ROSOFF in El Paso Texas, LITTLE KING will be releasing their second CD Virus Divine on UNICORN DIGITAL in April 2005.

Virus Divine was engineered by Eddy Garcia (the bass player for MINISTRY) and mixed in Toronto, Canada by Terry Brown, whose impressive resume includes production credits on ten RUSH albums. The disc continues Rosoff's tradition of conceptual lyric writing and follows a theme of enlightenment, inner conflict, and resolution. Based on the story of an anonymous man who is moved to change the world after watching news coverage of the horrible tragedy at Columbine High School, Virus Divine examines the impact one righteous person can have on the world around him.

Release date and MP3 samples to be announced very soon
      __________________________________________________ ________

JOHN YOUNG (keyboards/vocals)

Ex: Scorpions, Asia, Bonnie Tyler, Paul Rodgers (Queen!) , Fish (Marillion), Qango (E.L.P. / Asia), John Wetton, Greenslade, Roy Wood, Uli Jon Roth and many more.

If you’d like a change from Pop Idol, Karaoke and covers and you prefer the cerebral to the celebrity then this might just be for you! :-)

If you are a fan of GENESIS, PINK FLOYD, YES , PETER GABRIEL , SUPERTRAMP, and similar icons then we think this will appeal.

Here’s a chance for a quick listen:

Open Skies (rock)

Underside (singer/songwriter)

John recently supported SAGA, FOCUS and MIDGE URE and all reports were very favourable indeed....here's what a few respected voices have said.....

‘Genius’ …Thys van Leer (Focus),
      ‘Proper Music’.. Bonnie Tyler,
      ‘The Golden Egg for those that have ears to hear’.. John Wetton (Asia, King Crimson),
      ‘In my top 10 of all Time’.. Chris Alexander (Astoria Theatre, London)
      ‘Will sell 6-7 million if they ever let it on radio’.. (ex Sony A&R Germany),
      ‘Excellent’… Klaus Meine (Scorpions),
      ‘Fantastic’.. Robin Lumley (Brand X)
      ‘Good Stuff’.. Ron Sexsmith ...
      __________________________________________________ _

April 2004. Phoenixville, PA. It is the inaugural ROSfest, and progressive rock fans are gathering to see how it will turn out. Many are local but most have come from Miami, Atlanta and Chicago and Minneapolis, and they are hoping to see a music spectacle, but their optimism is cautious because – let’s face it - how good can it really be? This festival is a startup, and the first time anyone had an inkling of its existence was just 4 months ago!

It is now March 2005 and we know the answer. The inaugural Rites Of Spring festival (ROSfest) was a tremendous success. No, it wasn’t sold out and tickets were easy to come by, but don’t expect the same thing to happen this year. Smart money says you’ll need to stake your claim to the quaint Colonial theater as soon as possible – and tickets go on sale at noon on Feb. 26th.

ROSfest 2005 promises to be better than 2004 in so many ways:

Last year’s lineup was good. This year will feature some of the most successful acts in modern progressive music.

Last year’s Friday Night pre-show featured some wonderful bands in a club down the road from the Colonial. This year’s Friday Night event is in the Colonial, and will be headlined by one of today’s most important acts in British prog.

The Colonial Theater itself, quaint and intimate, has benefited from a year of renovation work. It will look better and the balcony will be open.

The vendors, always a major attraction at an event like this, will no longer be placed in the lobby. A separate spacious vendor room will be provided so hunting down that long lost rarity will be a more pleasant experience, and there will be room in the lobby for comfortable social intercourse.

And because there will be a far better turn out, you’re far more likely to bump into old friends – or to build an important new network of friends, contacts and acquaintances, as I did last year.

Around four hundred tickets will be available at $90.00 each. The patron tickets were sold very quickly so you’ll want to move fast. No one has taken any market surveys or consulted their crystal balls – but I for one am expecting a sell-out.

Friday’s line up:

ARENA will be the headline act, showcasing their recent 5-star album, Pepper's Ghost

DENNIS HEALY 7:00pm
      MYRIAD 8:15pm
      ARENA 9:45pm

Saturday
      MOSTLY AUTUMN will headline Saturday’s show. I saw them in Liverpool last year and can promise that you’ll be amazed by this band’s live performance.

EYESTRINGS 11:00am to 12:30pm
      TILES 2:00pm to 3:30pm
      SYLVAN 5:00pm to 7:00pm
      MOSTLY AUTUMN 9:00pm to 11:30pm

Sunday
      Sunday’s headliner THE TANGENT started out as an interesting project, and has grown into a band in every sense of the word. Their recent The World That We Drive Through featured on many top-of-2004 lists.

CRYPTIC VISION 11:00am to 12:30pm
      MAN ON FIRE 2:00pm to 3:30pm
      MAGENTA 5:00pm to 7:00pm
      THE TANGENT 9:00pm to 11:30pm

__________________________________________________ _____________

FISH will be celebrating the 20th anniversary of Misplaced Childhood with a special Return To Childhood tour. Special tour-artwork will be designed by Mark Wilkinson while using the original model for the Misplaced Childhood sleeve artwork, Robert Mead, as the main subject in his new exploration of the piece twenty years on.
      Confirmed dates so far:

04/24/05 - Academy 3, Manchester, UK
      04/25/05 - Rescue Rooms, Nottingham, UK
      04/26/05 - Boardwalk, Sheffield, UK
      04/28/05 - Rock Café, Stourbridge, UK
      04/29/05 - Bierkeller, Bristol, UK
      05/01/05 - Princess Pavilion, Falmouth, UK
      05/02/05 - Cavern, Liverpool, UK
      05/07/05 to May 17th - South America
      06/04/05 - Tiana Prog Fest, Barcelona, Spain
      06/18/04 - Fete de la Musique, Luxembourg

Furthermore there is talk of a 20th anniversary re-release of Misplaced Childhood, re-mixed in Dolby 5.1 surround by MC producer Chris Kimsey. Unfortunately this is still in planning stage, as FISH, MARILLION and EMI still need to come to agreement on this release.
      __________________________________________________ ______

DJAM KARET have put up some previews of 5 tracks of their new album, tentatively titled "Recollection Harvest", due out September of 2005 via Cuneiform Records. Also on the website is a new story of sorts from the man of intrigue and espionage, Gayle Ellett.

__________________________________________________ __________

TILES is pleased to announce that "Window Dressing" is nominated for Outstanding National Small/indipendant Label Recordingat the 2005 Detroit Music Awards (www.detroitmusicawards.com). The Motor City Music Awards were started in 1988 to honor Detroit area musicians working on a national, regional and local level; and are similar to the Grammy Awards presented by the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences. Award winners are determined by local musicians and music industry professionals in the Detroit area in a wide variety of music genres. Previous shows have featured outstanding performances by some of Detroit's top music legends: Was (Not Was), Kid Rock, The Clark Sisters, Thornetta Davis, Alexander Zonjic, Martha Reeves, The Miracles, Grand Funk Railroad, George Clinton and Parliament, and Ted Nugent, among many others.

"Window Dressing" was produced by TERRY BROWN (RUSH, FATES WARNING) and released in the summer of 2004 on Inside Out Music in North America and Europe. Tiles continues to promote "Window Dressing" with live shows and will perform April 30, 2005 at the Rites Of Spring Festival near Philadelphia, PA - and June 4, 2005 at CalProg '05 near Los Angeles, CA.

__________________________________________________ _______
      Up-Coming Releases;

Russell Allen´s Atomic Soul - Same
      (First solo album by the SYMPHONY X vocalist!)
      release on 25/4/2005

MAGELLAN - Symphony for a Misanthrope
      release on 18/4/2005

PAIN OF SALVATION - BE "Original Stage Production" DVD
      DVD + live CD in Slipcase with 48 page booklet
      release on 18/4/2005

PINK FLOYD are expected to release THE definitive concert DVD of all time ('P.U.L.S.E.') in early June. It will be a 2 DVD set.
      Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Oct 2004

Nick Mason's (Pink Floyd) USA Book Promotion Tour

On April 11, 2005, Nick will be on Premier Radio in Los Angeles. It will be sent nationwide via Satellite.

Nick's appearances so far:

April 12, 2005, 7:30 pm
        Planetarium
        Pacific Science Center
        200 Second Ave. N.
        Seattle, WA. 98109

There will be a Pink Floyd laser show in the planetarium.
        April 13, 2005, 7:00 pm
        Experience Music Project
        JBL Theater
        325 5th Avenue
        Seattle, WA.
        April 14, 2005, 7:00 pm
        All Saints Church
        1350 Waller
        San Francisco, CA.
        April 16, 2005, 2:00 pm
        Virgin Mega Store
        8000 Sunset Blvd
        Los Angeles, CA.

Nick will appear on some TV and radio shows while in New York

April 18, 2005, 6:30am - 9:30am
        TV interview on Satellite
        Murray Hill Studios
        New York, NY. 10016
        April 18, 2005, 12:00 noon
        Guest DJ spot on WAXQ Rock 104 in New York
        April 19, 2005
        NY 1 TV interview
        April 19, 2005
        Barnes & Noble
        33 East 17th Street
        New York, NY. 10003

Plans are being made for more radio and TV appearances in San Francisco, Chicago, Seattle, and several more in New York.

Nick is also setting up interviews for some magazines listed below, with possibly more to be added.

Automobile Magazine
        Entertainment Weekly
        Modern Drummer
        Rolling Stone
        Details
        Tracks
        On April 26, 2005, Nick is planning a 4 or 5 day promo tour of Italy as well.
        Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• secrets
          Foot Soldier
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
          FISH will be celebrating the 20th anniversary of Misplaced Childhood with a special Return To Childhood tour. Special tour-artwork will be designed by Mark Wilkinson while using the original model for the Misplaced Childhood sleeve artwork, Robert Mead, as the main subject in his new exploration of the piece twenty years on.

Furthermore there is talk of a 20th anniversary re-release of Misplaced Childhood, re-mixed in Dolby 5.1 surround by MC producer Chris Kimsey. Unfortunately this is still in planning stage, as FISH, MARILLION and EMI still need to come to agreement on this release.

That's good. I love 'Misplaced Childhood'.

Don't know why Fish isn't playing anywhere near London though?
          Last edited by secrets; 03-31-2005, 06:22 PM.
          Achtung Baby I say, I say...

Comment

• rustoffa
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Steve Walsh was walking around in the farmers market the other day.

I immediately cuntsidered the resurgence in prog rock when I noticed him.

Some dipshit I was with was making ostrich meat jokes and I lost track of Walsh.

I wanted to go ask him if he gave a fuck about the resurgence in prog rock, but those stupid "can you sell me the head with sand on it" jokes fucked it up.

"Point of no Return" is a grate album.

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Oct 2004

PROG NEWS

VERY IMPORTANT NEWS:
              Pink Floyd Reunion In The Offering?

PINK FLOYD are not calling it quits just yet, according to longtime drummer NICK MASON. Although the group has not released any new material or toured in eleven years -- with its guitarist-turned - frontman DAVID GILMOUR currently working on a solo project -- Mason maintains that the FLOYD are currently keeping their options open. "Last year [David] really had no interest in revitalizing the band," Mason tells Rolling Stone. "But I think it's interesting that he also hasn't declared it over. No one has actually said never again." While fans will continue to wait and wonder about the group's future activities, they can find solace in a new book about the band penned by Mason himself, PINK FLOYD's only continuous member since 1965. Inside Out: A Personal History of Pink Floyd (Chronicle Books), due out in May, documents the famous moments in the psychedelic rock legends' forty-year musical odyssey: the rise and descent into madness of former singer Syd Barrett; the making of the blockbuster Dark Side of the Moon album; the mammoth Wall tour; and bassist and chief songwriter ROGER WATERS' acrimonious departure. It also contains little known stories such as the group's appearance on an American TV show hosted by PAT BOONE in 1967; JIMI HENDRIX offering the then-struggling band free use of his Electric Lady studios; FLOYD's visual designer STORM THORGERSON being grilled by a record executive for putting an image of a cow on Atom Heart Mother ("Do you want to destroy this record company?"); and PINK FLOYD's collaboration with a ballet company in the early Seventies. Working on the book for ten years, Mason drew from his personal observations and memorabilia, as well as the recollections of band members, associates and friends. "When I started it," he recalls, "I thought this was going to be the official band history, and it just became apparent that whatever I wrote was never going to be acceptable to everyone [in the band]. It was resolved by calling it 'a personal history.' With the publication of the book I didn't lose the friendship of Roger, David or Richard [Wright, keyboardist ]." Unlike the previous books about the band, Mason's account takes on a more personal and light-hearted approach. "I wanted to tell the story in a slightly different way," he says. "It's hopefully a rather funny book about a serious band." He didn't want to turn the book into a sordid tell-all, and he offers these reasons: "You have to remember the three guys are still my friends, and they've all got families. Most of them are bigger than I am, and they have better lawyers." In the book, Mason writes candidly of the moment when the other band members decided not to pick up their eccentric singer Syd Barrett -- who had a drug- induced breakdown -- en route to a gig in 1968, thus effectively kicking him out of the band. "In hindsight we behaved in a very selfish way," he admits. "But I think also we wouldn't have done very much better [to help him]. Because we needed him, we desperately tried to keep everything rolling along with him on board. What he actually needed was just to be taken out of the whole music business." Mason describes how Dark Side's phenomenal success -- the 1973 album is the longest charting album in history -- made for strained relationships. "That's the moment in which we stopped functioning entirely as a democracy," says Mason. "It wasn't so much that Roger took over. It was more of a sense that the songwriters had more control of their individual songs." Long-time Floyd fans may be surprised to read Mason's fair depiction of the band's former creative force Roger Waters, who tried unsuccessfully in 1986 to dissolve the band and to prevent Mason and Gilmour from using the name. "I don't think he does feel he behaved particularly badly," he admits. "It's a little bit like the Syd thing. We were all on a mission to do one thing, and you do whatever you think best to achieve it." Mason and Waters reconciled three years ago, but the drummer is only slightly optimistic that his other band mates will be able to make peace with Waters. "I think anything is possible," he says. The remaining members of Pink Floyd successfully carried on without Waters, but the continuation of the band is now up to Gilmour. "I think David realized just how much Roger carried on his shoulders, because David suddenly was the front man," Mason says. "It's a hell of a responsibility. I think he came away from it without much enthusiasm to do it again. But I think time changes people's perceptions, so you never know." The author hints in the book that certain band ideas have remained unexplored, including the ambient tapes from The Division Bell's 1994 recording sessions and an "unplugged" concept. Forty years and 116 million albums sold later, Pink Floyd remain a cultural force. (Mason calls the disco remake of "Comfortably Numb" by New York hipsters the Scissors Sisters "fantastic!") While band chemistry and good fortune were important factors in Pink Floyd's longevity, Mason believes a sense of humor contributed as well. "We did all make each other laugh," he says. "The bulk of the years was spent having a good time. It's still about the best job in the world."

MORRIS/MENSHILOV

"The Pearl of Great Price" is the first joint effort by JEREMY MORRIS (solo) and VITALY MENSHIKOV (X RELIGEON). The CD will be released on April 10, 2005, by Moscow's MALS Records, known for its long-term collaboration with Musea Records, and will be the label's first international release. The album features composition and performance contributions from BRIAN HIRSCH (Moonchild Records, Indeed), and to the memory of whom the album is dedicated.

ELEGANT RETURN

The new ELEGANT SIMPLICITY album, "Studies in Heartbreak", will be released in May 2005. Here is the final track listing, though there may still be a bonus track:
              1. From Hello To Goodbye (1.32)
              2. Still Waiting, Still Wanting (5.47)
              3. Studies In Heartbreak (14.12)
              4. The End Of A Life (3.52)
              5. Failures Of The Soul (14.18)
              6. Hourglass Fortune (7.26)
              7. Love's Futile Fumblings (6.52).

__________________________________________________ _________
              New releases

Phaesis (France) - "Puzzle"
              Akacia (Canada) - "The Brass Serpent"
              Gerard (Japan) - "Power Of Infinity"
              Tadashi Goto (Japan) - "Soundscape"
              Progfest-2000 (Inter.) - "Live"
              Parallel Mind (USA) - "Colossus Adea"
              KINO PLAY THE UK

KINO will play the Mean Fiddler in London on Friday 22 April 2005. Tickets go on sale shortly at all the usual outlets. This will be the band's first live appearance in the UK, and we all hope it's a great success.

EVERGREY ON TOUR WIYH JAMES LABRIE

09.04.2005 TK, Istanbul - Prog Istanbul Festival
              17.04.2005 HU, Budapest - Wigwam
              18.04.2005 SLO, Bratislava - tbc.
              19.04.2005 I-Treviso - New Age
              20.04.2005 I-Rome - Qube
              22.04.2005 I-Milan - Transilvania
              23.04.2005 CH-Pratteln - Z 7
              24.04.2005 D-München - Elserhalle
              26.04.2005 NL-Tilburg - 013
              27.04.2005 D-Hamburg - Markthalle
              28.04.2005 D-Düsseldorf - Tor 3
              30.04.2005 UK-London - Mean Fiddler
              01.05.2005 F-Paris - Elysee Montmartre
              02.05.2005 D-Aschaffenburg - Colos-Saal
              03.05.2005 D, Reichenbach - Bergkeller
              04.05.2005 D, Bochum - Matrix
              06.05.2005 NL, Hellendoorn - Metal Market
              07.05.2005 NL, Hellendoorn - Dynamo Festival
              10.05.2005 SP, Madrid - tbc
              13.05.2005 SP, Barcelona - Mefisto
              14.05.2005 SP, Bilbao - Bilborock
              15.05.2005 SP, Madrid - Arena
              25.06.2005 UK, Derbyshire - Bloodrock Festival
              17.07.2005 FIN, Helsinki - Tuska Festival

new album: A Night To Remember - Live 2004

__________________________________________________ ___________
              PROG AID

ProgAID was set-up in the wake of the terrible earthquake and Tsunami disaster that tragically struck on the 26th December 2004. The sheer destruction and loss of human life was of a scale that shook the world.

We considered what the Progressive Rock community could do, even in a small way, to help alleviate some of the suffering endured, and help towards the rebuilding of lives and communities.

We have therefore decided to co-ordinate the recording of a CD single to help raise as much money as possible for those that need it. The song, titled 'All Around The World', will be recorded on the 29th and 30th January 2005, and since the decision was made, we have been overwhelmed by the generosity of so many great musicians who have agreed to give their time to appear on the single. The list grows daily and currently includes:

Neal Morse
              Roine Stolt - The Flower Kings
              Anthony Phillips
              Martin Orford - IQ
              Pete Nicholls - IQ
              John Jowitt - IQ
              Alan Reed - Pallas
              Nick Barrett - Pendragon
              Clive Nolan - Arena / Pendragon
              Mick Pointer - Arena
              John Mitchell - Arena / The Urbane
              Gary Chandler - Jadis
              Arjen Lucassen - Ayreon
              Oliver Wakeman - Oliver Wakeman Band
              Steve Balsamo - Alan Parsons Project
              Troy Donockley - Iona
              Bryan Josh - Mostly Autumn
              Steve Gee - Landmarq
              Tracy Hitchings - Landmarq
              Dave Wagstaff - Landmarq
              Bruce Soord - Pineapple Thief
              Stu Nicholson - Galahad
              Magenta
              Steve Babb - Glass Hammer
              Daniel Gildenlow - Pain Of Salvation
              Mike Baker - Shadow Gallery
              Gary Wehrkamp - Shadow Gallery
              Doogie White - ex Rainbow / Yngwie Malmsteen
              Rob Gould - Fula
              Fiona Ford - Fula
              Alain Chiarazzo - Eclat
              Steve Taylor - Strangefish
              Danny Chang - The Fyreworks
              Andy Edwards - Ezra
              Colin Edwards - Ezra
              Chris Dale - Sack Trick / Bruce Dickinson
              Paul Davies - ex Karnataka / Panic Room
              Jonathan Edwards - ex Karnataka / Panic Room
              Nic Waulker - Bluehorses
              Liz Prendagast - Bluehorses

For updates go to www.progaid.com

PORCUPINE TREE-CONCERT REVIEW

6th April, Manchester Academy 2

SET LIST;

Deadwing
              Sound Of Muzak
              Lazarus
              Halo
              Smart Kid
              Hatesong
              Arriving
              Fadeaway
              Burning Sky
              Start Of Something
              Blackest Eyes
              Even Less
              -----------
              She's Moved On
              Trains

PORCUPINE TREE may be the most important band you've never heard of (except for YOU, nosuchluck), and they are certainly one of the UK's best progressive rock bands (in fact, they are probably THE best). Touring to promote their excellent new album 'Deadwing', with the excellent single 'Lazarus', it was a musical treat. In fact, the set actually took off when 'Lazarus' was played, and was also one of the highlights, as were 'Blackest Eyes' from 2002's 5-star 'In Absentia' and 'Trains' from the same album.

It is obvious were the band's influences come from, because on the studio tracks (which they re-created almost perfectly live, with the help of ONLY harmonised backing tracks to get the full PORCUPINE TREE effect), there are harmonies which can easily make you think you are listening to a new PINK FLOYD album. You can say the same thing about the music. It's ALL Floyd. Any one of the songs played last night could be on 'Dark Side Of The Moon' or 'The Wall'.

The band played flawlessly, and frontman and British prog genius can write just about anything. He is yet to write something disappointing, and that goes for his many side projects as well(including last year's excellent BLACKFIELD).

It was like Floyd without the light show, but keeping the projections on a screen behind. Definately a well-spent £14.

Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Oct 2004

Neal Morse's (ex-SPOCK'S BEARD) web site has been updated with the following message:

"YELLOW MATTER CUSTARD (Mike Portnoy, Neal Morse, Paul Gilbert and Matt Bissonette) has been captured on DVD. Very cool. It's been Mike Portnoy's dream all his life to be in a BEATLES cover band. (Who would've ever figured that?) Finally it came true one night in New York City. Recorded live at New York's BB Kings Blues club May 18, 2003, YELLOW MATTER CUSTARD perform some well known BEATLES songs such as 'Nowhere Man' and 'Revolution', as well as more obscure tunes like 'I Call Your Name', 'Think For Yourself' and even a hilarious rendition of the 'Let it Be' b-side 'You Know My Name'. With the amazingly Lennon-like sounds of Neal Morse's voice, the incredible skill of Paul Gilbert (guitar, vocals) and Matt Bissonette (bass, vocals) this disc brings the fab-four alive in all its simplicity and complexity. Somehow they found samples of the actual orchestra tracks from 'Sgt. Peppers' and 'I Am The Walrus' bringing the psychedelic BEATLES era to life in stunning reality. Highlights include Paul Gilbert's extended guitar solo in 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps', Morse's gut grinding vocals on 'Oh Darlin', Bissonette's perfect bass playing in 'I Want You' and Mike Portnoy's Ringo-esque drumming will surely surprise many.

"The whole night has been brilliantly captured in a two-camera shot edited DVD. The quality is pretty decent especially considering the circumstances. Relive this classic evening again and again in all its fun and excitement."

Special added Features:

Rehearsal Footage
                Audio Commentary with Mike and Howard Portnoy

Track listing:

Disc 1:

01. Intro
                02. Magical Mystery Tour
                03. Deer Prudence
                04. Dig A Pony
                05. She Said She Said
                06. I Call Your Name
                07. You Can't Do That
                08. When I Get Home
                09. Nowhere Man
                10. Rain
                11. Free As A Bird
                12. Come Together
                13. I Am The Walrus
                14. While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Disc 2:

01. Baby's In Black
                02. I'll Be Back
                03. No Reply
                04. The Night Before
                05. You're Gonna Lose That Girl
                06. Ticket To Ride
                07. Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except For Me And My Monkey
                08. Oh Darling
                09. Think For Yourself
                10. Wait
                11. Revolution
                12. I Want You (She's So Heavy)
                13. You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)
                14. Lovely Rita
                15. Good Morning Good Morning
                16. Sgt. Pepper (Reprise)
                17. A Day In The Life

The DVD will be available soon from www.RadiantRecords.com.
                Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• Soul Reaper
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2005

I bought the Live At Bukodan DVD (Dream Theater) recently. I'm watching it now!

I also bought Awake. I really like it.

"May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face." - Frank Zappa to Tipper Gore

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Oct 2004

Portnoy and Morse really work well together well, though.

The 2 TRANSATLANTIC albums are excellent, as are Morse's solo albums 'Testimony' and 'One'. I hope they will continue to work together.
                    Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• rustoffa
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

All the "Morse's" and "Steve's" are starting to give me a headache.

Steve Morse played on Steve Walsh's album and is a monster guitarist.

Are The Dixie Dregs prog rock?

If the Dixie Dregs aren't prog rock, then whyinthefuck did Steve Morse play on Steve Walsh's album?

Did Steve Walsh progressively influence Steve Morse into KANSAS as well?

This prog rock thing is a hotbed of cuntroversy.

Comment

• nosuchluck
                        Sniper
                        • Aug 2004

i guess i'd call The Dixie Dregs prog-rock.

my fav prog rock band right now is Pain of Salvation.
                        every album has a concept behind it, so you can't just download random mp3s - you gotta get the whole album.

Comment

• Soul Reaper
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2005

Does fusion come under prog music?

If so, my fav fusion person is Allan Holdsworth at the moment.

I have a couple of mp3s at the moment. I should be getting some from nosuchluck!

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Oct 2004

Yes, fusion does count, in my opinion anyways.

You see, sometimes people don't count certain styles as prog, but others do (d'ya get me?).

My dad, for example, doesn't think Pink Floyd are very prog. However, everyone else in the world does.
                            Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• Soul Reaper
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2005

sub genres that come under progressive music:

Art Rock
                              Canterbury Scene
                              Fusion
                              Italian Prog
                              Kraut Rock
                              Neo Progressive
                              Prog Folk
                              Progressive Metal
                              Rock-in-Opposition
                              Space/Experimental
                              Symphonic Prog
                              Various Genres
                              Zeuhl

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Oct 2004

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I love the way you got board and just wrote 'Various Genres'!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

Working...