• Show
Clear All
  • Mr Badguy
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

My favourite Rush album

Vote for my favourite Rush album.

I`ll tell you if you`re right tomorrow.

Why don`t you vote for your own and explain why you like it?

It might be the same as mine.
    a:10:{i:9;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:9;s:6:"nodeid";s:3:"114";s:5:"title";s:4:"2112";s:5:"votes";i:1;s:6:"voters";a:1:{i:0;s:2:"63";}}i:10;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:10;s:6:"nodeid";s:3:"114";s:5:"title";s:19:"A farewell to kings";s:5:"votes";i:0;s:6:"voters";a:0:{}}i:11;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:11;s:6:"nodeid";s:3:"114";s:5:"title";s:11:"Hemispheres";s:5:"votes";i:1;s:6:"voters";a:1:{i:0;s:3:"168";}}i:12;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:12;s:6:"nodeid";s:3:"114";s:5:"title";s:15:"Permanent waves";s:5:"votes";i:0;s:6:"voters";a:0:{}}i:13;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:13;s:6:"nodeid";s:3:"114";s:5:"title";s:15:"Moving pictures";s:5:"votes";i:3;s:6:"voters";a:3:{i:0;s:2:"12";i:1;s:2:"22";i:2;s:3:"205";}}i:14;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:14;s:6:"nodeid";s:3:"114";s:5:"title";s:7:"Signals";s:5:"votes";i:1;s:6:"voters";a:1:{i:0;s:2:"77";}}i:15;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:15;s:6:"nodeid";s:3:"114";s:5:"title";s:13:"Power windows";s:5:"votes";i:0;s:6:"voters";a:0:{}}i:16;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:16;s:6:"nodeid";s:3:"114";s:5:"title";s:14:"Hold your fire";s:5:"votes";i:0;s:6:"voters";a:0:{}}i:17;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:17;s:6:"nodeid";s:3:"114";s:5:"title";s:12:"Counterparts";s:5:"votes";i:1;s:6:"voters";a:1:{i:0;s:1:"1";}}i:18;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:18;s:6:"nodeid";s:3:"114";s:5:"title";s:12:"Vapor trails";s:5:"votes";i:0;s:6:"voters";a:0:{}}}
    0%
    sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!
  • Mr Badguy
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

This isn`t a clue.
    sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• PHOENIX
      Veteran
      • Jan 2004

The best Rush album is Chronicles.

All you need is right there.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Nah, Moving Pictures for me....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• PHOENIX
          Veteran
          • Jan 2004

My buddy told me Alex Lifeson got arrested New Years Eve.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

All The World's A Stage
            “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Susie Q
              Veteran
              • Jan 2004

I am torn between "All the worlds a stage" and "Moving Pictures". My favorite song is Tom Sawyer. Only cause I think Neil's drums on that are OUTSTANDING!

I try like hell to keep things all fluffy bunnies and pink daisies. But brutal truth smacks me in the ass all the time.
              ~Susie Q 2009

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Well, My favourite is "Signals".

I know a lot of people don`t like the keyboard stuff, but I think this album was really innovative and progressive.

The songs are all great and the playing is excellent.

The list above is a list of my other next favourite (studio) albums.
                sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Sarge
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

I like counterparts..

They would be even better if they weren't Canadian!
                  J/K

Wasn't counterparts the last cd of theirs to really get play on the radio.. I think that came out in 94 or so..
                  ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
                  The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
                  [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• PHOENIX
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Sarge
                    I like counterparts..

They would be even better if they weren't Canadian!
                    J/K

Wasn't counterparts the last cd of theirs to really get play on the radio.. I think that came out in 94 or so..

It was the last one to get a lot of play. Had a lot of hits on it.

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

It`s a pity because "Vapor trails" is very good.

And very different but that`s the beauty of Rush, don`t expect more of the same.
                      sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Too difficult.

I like their new stuff too.

Only album I wasn't too keen on is Roll the dice.

Cheers!

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by PHOENIX
                          My buddy told me Alex Lifeson got arrested New Years Eve.
                          Yep, it's true......

Rush guitarist believes arrest was 'unfair'

Sunday, January 4, 2004 Posted: 12:49 AM EST (0549 GMT)

NAPLES, Florida (AP) -- The lead guitarist for the rock band Rush said his arrest at a New Year's Eve party was unfair.

Alex Zivojinovich -- known on stage as Alex Lifeson -- was arrested for what police described as drunken, violent behavior at the Naples Ritz-Carlton hotel. He faces six charges, including four felonies, the most serious of which carries a maximum sentence of 30 years.

"This gives new meaning to dinner at the Ritz," Zivojinovich, 50, said as he left jail Friday on $14,500 bond, wearing the same black suit he wore to the New Year's Eve bash.

Zivojinovich said he didn't believe his arrest was fair.

"They didn't like the way we were dancing, apparently," he said.

Also arrested were his son Justin Zivojinovich, 33, and his son's wife, Michelle Zivojinovich, 30.

According to authorities, the scuffle began when Justin Zivojinovich refused to leave the stage where the house band was performing. His father spat blood on a deputy's face and pushed a deputy down a hotel stairwell during the struggle, police said.

Justin Zivojinovich disputed that account and said deputies broke his father's nose.

Charges against Alex Zivojinovich include aggravated battery on a law enforcement officer, resisting an officer with violence, and disorderly intoxication.

Arraignment is set for January 26.

Rush's hits include "Tom Sawyer," "Limelight" and "The Spirit of Radio."

Fighting with cops? Did Rush become a gangsta rap group???
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Hemispheres

Comment

• Full Bug
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jan 2004

I will go with 2112, it was the first Rush album I ever bought and has always been my fav, although I will admit its not the best one.....
                              Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

Working...