X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    I downloaded it which I feel a bit guilty about.

I just assumed you wouldn't be able to buy it in the UK??

Cheers!

Don't feel too guilty... as far as I know Queensryche is still being mismanaged by everyone's favorite band fucker-upper, Ray Danniels. Of course, so is Rush, for that matter
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Gmoney

Linkin Park "Live in Texas" is pretty kick ass.

Comment

• Fairwrning
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

all i have is "u2 elevation in boston"..."rush in rio"....stones "4 flicks"...u2 "rattle and hum"...led zeps "dvd"...sheryl crow"rockin the globe"...and,of course,"latin connection" by some band called van Halen...
        all are excellent including Sheryl Crow...looks good and sings great!!

Comment

• Mr Badguy
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

How about Judas Priest "Electric eye"?

I really like it.

It contains:
          All their promo videos up until "A touch of evil" (hence no "Burn in hell" or "Machine man" from the "Ripper" years), all in glorious 5:1 surround.

The Dallas 1986 "Priest..live!" concert remixed into 5:1 and sounds totally fantastic, even if the bands fashion sense of the era was a bit strange.

An excellent collection of unreleased stuff, including Priest performing "Rocka rolla" and "Dreamer Deceiver" live in 1975, and mimed performances of "Evening star" and "Take on the world" from 1979 and "Living after midnight" and "United from 1980. The only problem with this is that the sound is in mono.

A great discography which plays a full song from every album (although "Rocka rolla" and "Sad wings of destiny" play live tracks from "Unleashed in the east").

If you are crazy about Priest (like me), then you simply HAVE to buy this.
          sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• rustoffa
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

The Priest dvd is great,the Hot Rockin' video is fuckin' hilarious...The Rocka Rolla and Dreamer Deceiver clips are fanatstic.The Cheap Trick Silver DVD is really good....Slash and other guests sit in on some songs,seems like Zander's voice just gets better with age.

Comment

• Fairwrning
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

oh shit...i forgot about "silver"..i love that fuckin dvd..too many highlights to mention..i liked how Neilson won the Fats Domino gold record playin cards...

Comment

• pardo

A buddy of mine lent me Thin Lizzy playin in Australia in '78. Don't remember the name of it, but I still have it at home. It has Gary Moore on guitar and he rips it up and the other guitarist (Scott somthinorother) is awesome too.

Has given me a new respect for them. They were really good!

Comment

• rustoffa
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by pardo
                  A buddy of mine lent me Thin Lizzy playin in Australia in '78. Don't remember the name of it, but I still have it at home. It has Gary Moore on guitar and he rips it up and the other guitarist (Scott somthinorother) is awesome too.

Thin Lizzy?It's all good.

Comment

• NE169

Maiden's Rock In Rio's pretty damn good too.

Someday I wanna see a concert in Brazil--those fuckers have a great fucking time!!!

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Anybody get the new U2 DVD from Slane Castle yet? It's supposed to be a great show, but I can't find the goddamned thing anywhere locally.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I used to have that show on video years ago.

It was interspersed with songs by two Austrailian bands, John English and Sports, who supported Lizzy that day.

Are they still included in the DVD?

Gary Moores solo spot is awesome, some of the fastest guitar playing I`ve ever seen.
                        sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• pardo

Originally posted by Mr Badguy
                          I used to have that show on video years ago.

It was interspersed with songs by two Austrailian bands, John English and Sports, who supported Lizzy that day.

Are they still included in the DVD?

Gary Moores solo spot is awesome, some of the fastest guitar playing I`ve ever seen.
                          Nope, the vid is only Thin Lizzy. Gary doesn't do an unaccompanied solo, but he does go off real good on the intro to Me And The Boys Were Wonderin How The Girls Are Getting Home Tonight - its just him wailin over a drum beat for a couple minutes. He's rippin it up. Its really cool to see Gary on this cause he's jumpin around and you can't wipe that smile off his face. Phil is also super solid - he wrote some killer tunes and he's a great front man!

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Nope, the vid is only Thin Lizzy. Gary doesn't do an unaccompanied solo, but he does go off real good on the intro to Me And The Boys Were Wonderin How The Girls Are Getting Home Tonight - its just him wailin over a drum beat for a couple minutes. He's rippin it up. Its really cool to see Gary on this cause he's jumpin around and you can't wipe that smile off his face. Phil is also super solid - he wrote some killer tunes and he's a great front man!
                            Sorry, that was the bit I`m talking about.

It`s not unaccompanied.

It`s been so long that I forgot the drummer was playing.

Isn`t it Mark Nauseef subbing for Brian Downey?

I think the Moore solo when Lynott introduces the band is incredible.

Scott Gorham (always under-rated) plays some shit hot stuff as well, if I remember rightly.
                            sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by rustoffa
                              The Priest dvd is great,the Hot Rockin' video is fuckin' hilarious...
                              The drummers attempt to lip synch in the shower is total Spinal Tap.

Breakin the law is the other classic comedy video from that era...

Cheers!

Comment

• One Voice

Originally posted by NE169
                                Maiden's Rock In Rio's pretty damn good too.

Someday I wanna see a concert in Brazil--those fuckers have a great fucking time!!!
                                Yea i got this one also.
                                Hell of a party.

Comment

Working...