Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Viking
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

Methinks I'll have to grab a pair of those August 1st tickets......

Comment

• BigBadBrian
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

SECOND LONDON SHOW ADDED!

Fans will have another opportunity to see Rush at Wembley in London on Thursday, September 9th, 2004. Fans planning on attending this show will be able to purchase tickets before the public on-sale. The pre-sale will be between 8 AM and 11 PM GMT on Friday, March 5th. Public on-sale will begin on Saturday, March 6th at 9 AM GMT.

The link to purchase tickets is https://www.ticketline.co.uk/event_d...?EventID=26141
      The UK pre-sale password for orders by phone for this show is "Nebbish".
      Ticketline Phone Number: 020 7434 2222
      Venue Phone number: 0870 060 0870
      This information is also available at www.Rush.com.

Stay tuned to www.Rush.com for information regarding additional European shows to be announced in the near future.

US and Canadian fans, public on-sales will begin on Friday or Saturday for venues that were part of the pre-sales earlier this week. Please check www.Rush.com for details. Additional US venues will go on sale next week.
      “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• PHOENIX
        Veteran
        • Jan 2004

I'm going for sure!

Fucking great news!

Comment

• Mr Badguy
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I got my ticket in last Tuesdays presale.

ROCK ON!
          sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• BigBadBrian
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Got my tickets today for the May 29 Virginia Beach show. The tickets are in the front left section toward the middle of the amphitheater. Taking my son who is a Neil Peart fanatic. Rock on!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
              Got my tickets today for the May 29 Virginia Beach show. The tickets are in the front left section toward the middle of the amphitheater. Taking my son who is a Neil Peart fanatic. Rock on!

BTW Brian, heard on FM99 yesterday that this is an pavilion-only show, meaning no lawn seats....

Interesting, huh ???

I'll most likely go also, but I'm almost always a procrastinator when it comes to buying tickets....
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• degüello
                Sniper
                • Mar 2004

Yeah, let's hope 'Slugger' Lifeson's court proceedings' don't interfere with all this fun...
                "What we've been doing, which is great and certainly cost saving, is I train in the sand pit in McDonald's. I do a few laps. I go through the tunnel a few times. The kids don't mind if I smoke. Plus, when I'm done, lunch is right there."- DLR 2003

Comment

• tobinentinc
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Apr 2004

I'm going to the Pittsburgh show! Memorial Day with Rush it's gonna kick ass!!!
                  http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip...hics/sines.gif http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...m/kissarmy.jpg http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...ve/vhlogo1.gif

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Another typical EXCELLENT Rush performance here last night....

NOTE TO SPAMMY: Want to learn how to write lyrics the right way ?? Give Geddy Lee a call...

Interestingly, the show was reserved seats only, meaning no lawn seats... The general consensus was that, since Rush felt they couldn't sell the 20,000 seat Ampitheater out, that they'd only sell the 10,000 reserved tickets, which are of course more expensive.... It was pretty much packed....

NOTE 2: You may want to check out Ebay for future concerts... Clear Channel has it's own Ebay account, called GetAccessEvents.... What they do is offer great discounted tickets on there without any bidding wars... The seats will be typically lawn seats or back of the arena, but as I said, are very cheap.... Of course, in this show, with no lawn seats, it made it even better... I got 2 tickets for 32 clams and no bidding, while I'd have spent over 80 bucks had I purchased them normally (once you include all of the damn service charges)....

Once again, like 2 years ago, no opening band.....They came on at about 7:40, played until 8:55, then took a break until 9:15 until 11:00.... 3 hours of rocking, not bad for a bunch of old farts, huh ???

Another outstanding light show from the boys, although their stage was pretty much bare, with the exception of the return of a couple of clothes dryers and a vending machine on Geddy's side... They took out several T-shirts from the dryers and threw them out to the crowd before the encore....

The setlist was mixed up a little, they threw in some real oldies from their early work... Of course, they also included the heavyweights... My favorite Rush tune, 2112, was outstanding as usual....

And once again, Neil Peart proved that he is the greatest drummer in the world... He's the price of admission by himself.... I swear, his solos are getting better as he gets older.... But, in a surprising note, during "Red Barchetta" when he flips his stick way up in the air, he missed !!! Never saw him miss that, oh well....

FINAL NOTE: I hope the gang of 40'ish guys behind me that were smoking weed like it was going out of style made it home OK !!!

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      Thanks for the info.

The Scottish gig is all standing though and I don't think it will sell out right away, or at least before I round up my usual suspect bunch of pals.

Good to know though.

Cheers!

This is the most fucking stupid post and idiotic decision I have ever made in my life combined.

It sold out in days and was all seated.

I'm now scrabbling around trying to get three tickets with a 300% markup.

What a fucking idiot!

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                        NOTE TO SPAMMY: Want to learn how to write lyrics the right way ?? Give Geddy Lee a call...

Neil Pert wrote 99% of the lyrics...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Damn, my bust....

Oh well, then give Neal Peart a call !!!!

Comment

• tobinentinc
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Apr 2004

Does anybody have the setlist from this concert?? I'm goin tomorrow and would love to know what they play.
                            http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip...hics/sines.gif http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...m/kissarmy.jpg http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...ve/vhlogo1.gif

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

Here ya go... Found this on another site BTW....

Anthem/Finding My Way/Bastille Day/Passage to Bangkok/Cygnus X1/Hemispheres
                              instrumental medley
                              Spirit of Radio
                              Force Ten
                              Animate
                              Subdivisions
                              Earthshine
                              Red Barchetta
                              Roll The Bones
                              Bravado
                              YYZ
                              The Trees-> Day Tripper Tease
                              The Seeker
                              One Little Victory

Set 2:
                              Tom Sawyer
                              Dreamline
                              Secret Touch
                              Between the Wheels
                              Mystic Rythms
                              Red Sector A
                              The Rhythm Method-> Big Band Jam
                              Resist (acoustic)
                              Heart Full of Soul * (acoustic w/ drums)
                              2112:
                              - Overture
                              - Temples of Syrinx
                              <cut to end-jam>
                              La Villa Strangiato->
                              Spacey Jam/Alex's Airplane Destruction Rap->
                              La Villa Strangiato
                              By-Tor & The Snow Dog
                              Xanadu
                              Working Man -> Reggae Jam -> Working Man

E:
                              Summertime Blues
                              Crossroads Blues
                              Limelight

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Awesome Show!

Comment

Working...