Tenacious D

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by DaveIsKing

Where's Classic VH?
      Where's Pink Floyd?

I think we're being realistic. I'm sorry to say that I don't think Floyd will ever do anything together again-mainly because David Gilmour said so. Having said that-I don't think they ever officially broke up.

JUDAS PRIEST's newie is gonna kick a whole lotta ass.
      AC/DC have a release schedueled for 2005-that's all I know
      THE DARKNESS played new stuff in on tour which sounded good, especially "English Country Garden"
      I know that RUSH are in the studio, as are YES and OZZY
      (if OZZY'S newie isn't good, then I'll give up on him-I'm so pissed off with him and Sharon at the moment)

I also hope for a real album from DAVE, of course. Plus I also hope for DRAGONFORCE, MOTORHEAD, IRON MAIDEN, VELVET REVOLVER.
      Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• Mr Walker
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
        OZZY
        (if OZZY'S newie isn't good, then I'll give up on him-I'm so pissed off with him and Sharon at the moment)
        The new Black Label Society disc is due out the begining of March.
        IMO, Zakk's BLS discs get better and better with each release... this one is loaded with Sabbath-esque riffs.
        If Ozzy was singing these songs, we (Ozzy fans) would be thrilled. I guess Sharon would rather have Ozzy croon medicore ballads and forgettable semi-metal tunes.

Comment

• fe_lung
          Sniper
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
          Tenacious D

That'd be pretty sweet!

Comment

• Soul Reaper
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2005

I completely forgot about the Audioslave album, that's another one I'm really looking foward to.
            ROTH ARMY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=RothArmyVideos

"May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face." - Frank Zappa to Tipper Gore

Comment

• bueno bob
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

I guess Sharon would rather have Ozzy croon medicore ballads and forgettable semi-metal tunes.
              The main problem with Ozzy's solo output since 1988 has been the LACK of Bob Daisely writing everything for him...and that bridge was burned when Sharon decided that Bob's input wasn't necessary anymore and they could just get other writers to put the shit together for Ozzy (i.e., she didn't want to pay Bob, and to a lesser extent Lee Kerslake, what they were due on "Blizzard" and "Diary", and why those albums were re-recorded....I could spew a profanity-laced diatribe towards Sharon Osbourne over the next three hours about that, but suffice it to say that it was all bullshit).

Since then, Ozzy's been plagued with non-metal power ballads and musical diversions down so many different fields that his albums have suffered tremendously - hence, the influence of outsider writers who aren't familiar with the correct routes to put Ozzy's voice down.

Over and over again, I've said it and I'll say it again - 75% of everything that made Ozzy's 80's albums so outstanding was that Bob Daisely knew just where to channel him, and Ozzy's suffered without him.

On a side note, does Ozzy actually HAVE a record contract since Sony dropped him, or is he just recording for the shits and giggles?
              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• WACF
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

The new Black Label Society disc is due out the begining of March.
                IMO, Zakk's BLS discs get better and better with each release... this one is loaded with Sabbath-esque riffs.
                If Ozzy was singing these songs, we (Ozzy fans) would be thrilled. I guess Sharon would rather have Ozzy croon medicore ballads and forgettable semi-metal tunes.
                Very true......

Comment

• Last_Child
                  Commando
                  • Oct 2004

AC/DC's new album.
                  And a new Dave & Velvet Revolver album.
                  "With a rate of fire of over 20 rounds per second, the IMI Micro Uzi is almost as fast as Yngwie Malmsteen, and 25.4 times more musical"

Worst of all... It's true..

Comment

• nosuchluck
                    Sniper
                    • Aug 2004

Freak Kitchen

Comment

• Mezro
                      Full Member Status

• May 2004

Judas Priest
                      Queensryche (don't fuck this up guys)
                      Garbage
                      Audioslave
                      NIN

Mezro...should be a half decent year for tunes...
                      Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                        The main problem with Ozzy's solo output since 1988 has been the LACK of Bob Daisely writing everything for him...and that bridge was burned when Sharon decided that Bob's input wasn't necessary anymore and they could just get other writers to put the shit together for Ozzy (i.e., she didn't want to pay Bob, and to a lesser extent Lee Kerslake, what they were due on "Blizzard" and "Diary", and why those albums were re-recorded....I could spew a profanity-laced diatribe towards Sharon Osbourne over the next three hours about that, but suffice it to say that it was all bullshit).

Since then, Ozzy's been plagued with non-metal power ballads and musical diversions down so many different fields that his albums have suffered tremendously - hence, the influence of outsider writers who aren't familiar with the correct routes to put Ozzy's voice down.

Over and over again, I've said it and I'll say it again - 75% of everything that made Ozzy's 80's albums so outstanding was that Bob Daisely knew just where to channel him, and Ozzy's suffered without him.

On a side note, does Ozzy actually HAVE a record contract since Sony dropped him, or is he just recording for the shits and giggles?

The main problem with Ozzy is that he is now officially a CORPORATE SELL-OUT.
                        Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• Vivian Campbell
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Oct 2004

The Darkness
                          The Fat Lady is singing for Van Hagar.

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attac...&postid=392002

Comment

• Alex Mogilny
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Apr 2004

1. Eric Clapton supposedly has an album in the can
                            2. There will be a Cream DVD from the RAH concerts in May just in time for Christmas.
                            3. Velvet Revolver supposedly has a bunch of material.
                            4. Rolling Stones
                            5. Chinese Democracy...eventually the studio will force him to release it.

Comment

• Atomic_Rob
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Apr 2004

1. Hopefully Dave
                              2. Oasis
                              3. The Datsuns
                              4. Status Quo
                              5. AC/DC
                              6. Tokyo Dragons
                              7. The Rolling Stones
                              8. Stereophonics
                              9. Cheap Trick
                              10. Velvet Revolver

Could be a good year

Edit - Forget to mention there is supposedly a new Page & Plant album out this year, that could be sweet
                              Diamond Dave Is Van Halen. 'Nuff Said

Comment

• DLR7884
                                ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Atomic_Rob
                                Edit - Forget to mention there is supposedly a new Page & Plant album out this year, that could be sweet

Where did you hear that?

DLR7884
                                That would be sweet.
                                Originally Posted by WARF:
                                DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

Working...