Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Green Manalishi
    Head Fluffer
    • Jul 2010

Michael Schenker had a brief run with RATT not too terribly long ago . I believe he recently released at least one CD of cover tunes .

I got to meet him after a UFO night club show in the early - mid '90's . Nice enough guy . He signed several things for me . My girlfriend at the time spoke fluent German so he was rather pleased that he could converse with someone in his native tongue . He travelled separately from the rest of the band . Not too long after that they ( UFO ) were gonna play a return engagement but cancelled the day of the show because he had another one of his infamous meltdowns and he was booted out of the band yet again . Go figure .

Comment

• philouze
      Banned
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Green Manalishi
      Michael Schenker had a brief run with RATT not too terribly long ago
      He played with them in '91, fillin' in for the late (& Great) Robbin Crosby.

Remember MTV Unplugged ? Born On The Bayou ??

Schenker's a motherfuckin guitar player. A shame he's an ass.

Comment

• Marcus
        Roadie
        • Oct 2004

Just saw Schenker last night in a local bar here in Toronto on his Temple Of Rock tour.
        Pretty awesome. Robin McAuley was singing, and did a great job. The whole band was great, and the song selection was incredible.
        He still is a must see if you ever get the chance.

Comment

• gbranton
          Veteran
          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Mr Walker
          I remember that the Stones tried to get Schenker to replace Mick Taylor, but Rudolph talked him out of it.
          I think that's stretching things quite a bit. I collect books about the Stones and never in the fifteen or so books I've read so far has anyone ever breathed the word "Schenker". From what I read from Schenker, at most he may have got a call from someone who worked for the Stones asking if he was interested to audition, but I don't think he was on Keith's or Mick's radar at all.

The Stones had auditioned a number of top session men, some of whom appeared on the "Black and Blue" album, after which the group chose Wood. Ronnie was the first choice of Keith Richards, a longtime friend of Wood's. After settling commitments Wood still had with Rod Stewart and the Faces, he officially joined the Stones in 1976. In fact, Keith was keen to get Ronnie in the band after the departure of Brian Jones, but did not want to be responsible for breaking up the Faces (who were much more successful in 1969 than later in 1976), because was also friends with the others in the band. I don't think anyone other than Ronnie Wood had a realistic shot.
          "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Mr Walker
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
            I think that's stretching things quite a bit. I collect books about the Stones and never in the fifteen or so books I've read so far has anyone ever breathed the word "Schenker". From what I read from Schenker, at most he may have got a call from someone who worked for the Stones asking if he was interested to audition, but I don't think he was on Keith's or Mick's radar at all.

The Stones had auditioned a number of top session men, some of whom appeared on the "Black and Blue" album, after which the group chose Wood. Ronnie was the first choice of Keith Richards, a longtime friend of Wood's. After settling commitments Wood still had with Rod Stewart and the Faces, he officially joined the Stones in 1976. In fact, Keith was keen to get Ronnie in the band after the departure of Brian Jones, but did not want to be responsible for breaking up the Faces (who were much more successful in 1969 than later in 1976), because was also friends with the others in the band. I don't think anyone other than Ronnie Wood had a realistic shot.
            Just type schenker and rolling stones in google... he mentions it in an interview... plus I remember reading an interview with rudolph years ago and he mentioned it as well.

Comment

• gbranton
              Veteran
              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Mr Walker
              Just type schenker and rolling stones in google... he mentions it in an interview... plus I remember reading an interview with rudolph years ago and he mentioned it as well.
              I did before I posted above and if the Stones wanted him, the Schenker brothers seem to be the only motherfuckers in the universe who know about it.
              "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...