Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave's Bitch
    ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

has anyone here heard Megadeth's cover of School's Out by Alice Cooper?
    I really love you baby, I love what you've got
    Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
      ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

im takeing over this thread

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
        ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Bio time

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
          ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Alice Cooper is best known internationally as the original shock rocker, and his future place in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is almost a certainty. It was much more than just music that has made Alice Cooper a star.

It all began at Cortez High School in Phoenix, Arizona. Vincent Damon Furnier and four classmates from the track team formed a group called the Earwigs, and, several names later, renamed themselves the Alice Cooper Group. They were the world's first shock rockers, with many later groups inspired to adopt the concept. In 1972 Vincent legally changed his own name to Alice Cooper. Although there are different accounts of how this name was selected, I would like to believe the one that attributes his choice to the fact that the name conjures up images of a sweet looking girl hiding a hatchet behind her back.

A new era in rock 'n' roll was born. In an interview with The Tribune, Cooper said "We brought theatrics to rock 'n' roll. We did it before Bowie, we did it before Kiss and before anybody. There was no show biz in rock 'n' roll before Alice Cooper. It was taboo and really looked down upon to call yourself showbiz. So when we came along, we went as far out on a limb as we possibly could. We did everything we could to annoy every parent in America, then backed it up with anthems that got played. We had 25 gold albums and sold 50 million records; it wasn't a fluke."

Cooper realized that times were changing; people weren't as shocked as before. With the influence and pervasiveness of the media, the violence of our real-life society killed shock. So Cooper adapted. He focused his shows on entertainment with his gruesome make-up, a boa constrictor around his neck and an unhealthy dose of fake blood. Although his humor was very dark, he claims his performances always were based on humor. And at the finale of every performance the star of the show got just what he deserved: decapitation or some other sadistic end. Although he has respect for artists like Marilyn Manson, he believes that Manson might take things a bit too seriously, and the Manson audience feels a bit shameful when all is said and done. But no matter what happens on Alice Cooper's stage, or what evil story the lyrics tell, Cooper believes his job is to entertain his audience and to leave the people feeling good--to make them feel like they were "at the greatest party they were ever at in their lives." As noted by Antony John at his website dedicated to the rocker, "Alice Cooper does not just give concerts; he creates shock-rock events that mesmerize, enchant, and torture audiences around the world."

Alice Cooper is still recording. Cooper, now in his fifties, still commands sold out concert crowds. He's had more than 25 albums since 1969. Dragontown was released in 2001.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
            ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Vincent Furnier became a Phoenician (a Phoenix resident) when he was 10 years old. He was a sickly child, and his family moved to Phoenix to help rid him of his bronchial asthma. He attended Squaw Peak Elementary and Madison No. 2 before beginning high school at Cortez, where he lettered in track for four straight years.

Although it has been many years since he changed his name to Alice Cooper, he is not solely defined by his trend-setting brand of rock 'n' roll. He has been married to the same woman, Sheryl, for more than 20 years. He has three children: Calico, Dashiell, and Sonora Rose. He is serious about his onstage career, but even more serious about his role as a husband and father. A Little League baseball and soccer coach, he is actively involved in being a dad.

Alice Cooper has other passions, too.

One of them is the Solid Rock Foundation, which he describes as a Christian nonprofit organization to help inner city kids stay out of gangs and away from guns and drugs. His foundation raises up to $150,000 each year to benefit this cause. And then there's the other passion: golf. Alice is a popular and familiar sight at Pro-Am and benefit golf tournaments. He hosts his own charity golf tournament in Phoenix each April. When asked how he became involved in golf, Cooper describes a period in his life when all he did all day was drink and sit around hotel rooms with nothing to do. One day, his road manager convinced him to try golf and apparently he was a natural. With about a 4 handicap, he has had a few holes-in-one, and a few double eagles, of which he is very proud.

If you are trying to spot Alice Cooper around town, the best places are either Little League baseball games or the golf courses.

And one last thing about Alice Cooper, the Phoenician. When he is not on stage, he is actually an absolute Mr. Nice Guy. Everyone says so.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Discography

Ladies Man (1969)

Pretties For You (1969)

Easy Action (1970)

Love It To Death (1971)

Killer (1972)

School's Out (1972)

Billion Dollar Babies (1973)

Greatest Hits (1974)

Welcome To My Nightmare (1975)

Alice Cooper Goes To Hell (1976)

Lace & Whiskey (1977)

Live: Alice Cooper Show (1977)

From The Inside (1978)

Flush The Fashion (1980)

Zipper Catches Skin (1982)

Constrictor (1986)

Raise Your Fist and Yell (1987)

Prince of Darkness (1989)

Trash (1989)

Hey Stoopid (1991)

The Last Temptation (1994)

Classicks (1995)

Freak Out (1995)

A Fistful of Alice (1997)

A Nice Nightmare (1997)

Beast of Alice Cooper (1998)

Freedom for Frankenstein (1998)

Muscle of Love (1998)

Special Forces (1999)

Life and Crimes of Alice Cooper (1999)

Brutal Planet (2000)

Dragontown (2001)

Live: The Toronto Rock & Roll Revival (2001)

Poison (2003)

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Alice Cooper is the MAN

Comment

• Dirty Duck
                  Sniper
                  • Aug 2005

I fucking love the Coop. Next to classic VH I grew up with Alice and still thinks he kicks ass. I have all his stuff except the new cd this thread is about. Cool rock title. Gotta get it. Glad he's back. Rock on alice!!

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                    Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Blue Turk has a hate on for Alice, because somehow he's convinced that Alice screwed over the rest of the original band....

Just get over it.
                    Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
                      Blue Turk has a hate on for Alice, because somehow he's convinced that Alice screwed over the rest of the original band....

Just get over it.
                      The story I've consistently heard is that the others wanted to pursue solo career's(and Glen Buxton was wasted outta his mind).

Comment

• Matt White
                        • Jun 2004

To each there own...

Haven't liked The Coop since the original band was dumped......

Comment

• Unchainme
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2005

I listend to his Radio show one time, (We can't get it over here Unfortunately.) He was Fucking classic, It kicked ass, He played a rarely played on the radio Floyd song, and then talked about Vampires in Wisconsin, I hope he gets his show over in cleveland.
                          Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• vheddyrmv8
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by blueturk
                            Alice Cooper is the definition of the word "sell-out". He (and manager Shep Gordon ) fucked over the original band, who were also Cooper's high school buddies. They basically took the name and ran.Alice Cooper turned into Alice Manilow and the original band faded into obscurity.
                            It's just my opinion, but I think Cooper's an asshole. And for him to think that any of his new material will even come close to "Halo Of Flies" or anything else from 1971 to 1973 is wishful thinking. Just the kind of thing Rolling Stone would print.
                            Damn that bush is huuuuuge!
                            http://www.geocities.com/vhcrossingover/talkinshit.jpg

Comment

• Unchainme
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Apr 2005

Also I listend for A sec To Dee Snider's House Of Hair, That was auctually quit good, He played Some Ratt that usually doesn't get a lot radio play. I think he plays everything From Metallica To Poison, Rockstars who have their own Radioshow KICKASS.
                              Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by blueturk
                                Alice Cooper is the definition of the word "sell-out". He (and manager Shep Gordon ) fucked over the original band, who were also Cooper's high school buddies. They basically took the name and ran.Alice Cooper turned into Alice Manilow and the original band faded into obscurity.
                                It's just my opinion, but I think Cooper's an asshole. And for him to think that any of his new material will even come close to "Halo Of Flies" or anything else from 1971 to 1973 is wishful thinking. Just the kind of thing Rolling Stone would print.
                                Hey, does anyone have a picture of the old Alice Cooper band pouring champagne over a woman's huge tits? LOL

Comment

Working...