Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLR7884
    ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

The Rolling Stones can charge that much because they are one of the few bands around that can fill an entire fucking stadium (Fed Ex Field).

I can't think of many others this day in age that can fill a 50,000-100,000 seat venue--maybe U2, definately Pink Floyd if they got back together.

DLR7884
    That said, I wouldn't pay more than 50 bucks for fucking nosebleed seats.
    Originally Posted by WARF:
    DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• canadiandlrgirl
      Full Member Status

• May 2005

Originally posted by DLR7884
      The Rolling Stones can charge that much because they are one of the few bands around that can fill an entire fucking stadium (Fed Ex Field).

I can't think of many others this day in age that can fill a 50,000-100,000 seat venue--maybe U2, definately Pink Floyd if they got back together.

DLR7884
      That said, I wouldn't pay more than 50 bucks for fucking nosebleed seats.
      i don't like U2......never did i think there overated!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Thorman
        Commando
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by DLR82VH
        Is $200 for the cheap seats?? Seems they charged more their last tour.

I wouldn't pay that to see them hell no , CVH thats another story altogether though.
        CVH was on tour this past summer..Did you not go?

BAM
        http://www.topthat.net/webrock/sounds/bamm.wav

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Nov 2004

Hi Can girl!

I dig a few Canadian bands, like Blackfoot or Jeff Healey. Bob Charlebois too, but you may not know him as he's from Quebec. He was on the train that crossed Canada in 1970 (history ) with Grateful Dead and Janis Joplin.
          I'm fond of "Witchi Tai To", one of Charlebois's songs which I think is a traditional song (half "Indian", half English). No connection with the Stones, sorry.

Anyway, if they really play in Hyde Park again (as it is said they will... on my birthday ), I'll be there... for $100 maximum.
          posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• canadiandlrgirl
            Full Member Status

• May 2005

Originally posted by Thorman
            CVH was on tour this past summer..Did you not go?

BAM
            that was van hagar thorman!!!!!!!!! not CVH how many times do you have to be told someone throw him in the pen pleaz

Comment

• canadiandlrgirl
              Full Member Status

• May 2005

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
              Hi Can girl!

I dig a few Canadian bands, like Blackfoot or Jeff Healey. Bob Charlebois too, but you may not know him as he's from Quebec. He was on the train that crossed Canada in 1970 (history ) with Grateful Dead and Janis Joplin.
              I'm fond of "Witchi Tai To", one of Charlebois's songs which I think is a traditional song (half "Indian", half English). No connection with the Stones, sorry.

Anyway, if they really play in Hyde Park again (as it is said they will... on my birthday ), I'll be there... for $100 maximum.
              no i haven't heard of those bands!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• canadiandlrgirl
                Full Member Status

• May 2005

my favorite canadian bands are honeymoon suite and april wine!!!!!!!by the way

Comment

• Antman
                  Commando
                  • Jan 2004

The only way I'd go see the Stones is if I had a time machine and went back to 81 at the Rose Bowl when VH opened for them.
                  When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.

Comment

• canadiandlrgirl
                    Full Member Status

• May 2005

Originally posted by Antman
                    The only way I'd go see the Stones is if I had a time machine and went back to 81 at the Rose Bowl when VH opened for them.
                    THAT'S HOW I FEEL TOO ALL THOUGH I'D BE GOING TO SEE CVH ONLY 'CAUSE I WAS NEVER INTO THE STONES!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Thorman
                      Commando
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                      Hi Can girl!

Tell me you didnt say Jeff Healey?

BAM

Comment

• Thorman
                        Commando
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by canadiandlrgirl
                        my favorite canadian bands are honeymoon suite and april wine!!!!!!!by the way
                        Honeymoon Suite? Oh My God!!!! Ok, that explains a lot but holy cow!!! They are a typical 80's pop band and you give Sammy hell!! Loss of credibility. I would think that most Rothtards here would not stand for the kind of crap that a band such as Honeymoon Suite would put out...I mean, Waves babies lieing in the sand...??

BAM

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Honeymoon Suite? Oh My God!!!! Ok, that explains a lot but holy cow!!! They are a typical 80's pop band and you give Sammy hell!! Loss of credibility. I would think that most Rothtards here would not stand for the kind of crap that a band such as Honeymoon Suite would put out...I mean, Waves babies lieing in the sand...??

BAM
                          Still better than "Feels So Good!"

Comment

• WACF
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

Heard Calgary sold out...is that true?

Some tickets were closer to $400 apparently.

Comment

• canadiandlrgirl
                              Full Member Status

• May 2005

BAM
                              honeymoon suite has alot of good song you jackass!!!!!!!!don't compare them to spammy fagar sre they had some pop songs but so did Daves skyscraper album and i likr that album the reason i dislike spammy so much is because VH has always been a hard rock band until that little asshole(sammy) came along........the band went from "i'm gonna fuck your girlfriend," to "why can't this be love" honeymoon suite was always a pop style band it never changed, i don't mind ballads that's not why i don't like sammy it's because he takes the credit for VH and he came into the band bashing Dave and he didn't even kno him pluss he's a fuckin' lier he thinks he sold more records then Dave bullshit he did..........fuck sammy hagar the lyin' SOB Dave forever BAM that Thorman now get back in the pen!!!!!!!! i feel much better now that i got that off my chest.

Comment

• canadiandlrgirl
                                Full Member Status

• May 2005

and furthermore thorman it's not the ballad i listen to that much

Comment

Working...