X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Big Train
    Sesh, can I ask a question? What were you guys doing in 1988? Were you playing to large crowds, selling a lot of CD"S? That has a hell of a lot more to do with why you get signed than looks or sound does.
    This was the late 80s there were no CD's...

We played maybe 45 gigs in small theatres, clubs and bars. Bigggest crowds were maybe 5 or 6 hundred. Biggest band we supported were The Almighty.

Fun times.

We actually replaced the singer but lost the good drummer. I'll try and get a hold of a later recording and post it.

Cheers!

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Panamark
      Thankgod they didnt sign ya Seshman...
      Otherwise you wouldnt be where you are now..
      Dont forget the Seshmistress and the Seshlette

Not to mention the brand new SeshTwins.

It's true I wouldn't be here on the internet if we had got anywhere, not because it would be below me but because I would have been dead after drinking and snorting everything in sight...

You should put your old demos up, who cares it's all fun.

Cheers!

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by seenbad
        To make that million bucks, you need a singer that isn't tone deaf. He ruined you. If you had some pipes you could have been playing stadiums instead of arguing with me over the last 5 years. He sounds like a cross between Stephen Pearcy and Jim Morrison trying to do Def Leppard songs.

The guitar player had some chops...albeit they weren't his own. They were mutilated EVH licks with a pinch of Vito Bratta.

Kick ass drummer.

Sincerely,

Seenbad.
        I think that's fair comment.

5 years already?

Jesus...

Cheers!

Comment

• Rikk
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Not my kind of music, even then. So probably not. Not worse than anything big at the time...can't pick whether you'd sign something based on the demo and the pic.
          Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
          Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Big Train
            Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Originally posted by academic punk
            As the saying goes, "A good A&R person doesn't need ears, he needs eyes".

Attribute that to the guy who signed Motley Crue, who persued them after seeing how well they worked the crowd at a gig at the Rainbow.

(This has also been Dave's own advice to people who ask how they can signed.)
            It's true. I say to people all the time looking for my opinion "It doesn't matter what the fuck I think". I look for things that make sense. There are only two things that matter to me in the music business...

1. Money at cash registers.
            2. Asses in seats every 18 inches.

Don't give a fuck what you do to accomplish those goals, but if you can, you move to the front of the line. It's a BUSINESS..

Comment

• Big Train
              Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Originally posted by The Scatologist
              He was playing to a lot better crowds and selling a LOT more CDs then Ashlee Simpson before she got signed
              Maybe not, but did Sesh have a famous sister and a deal for TV show that would be broadcast in over 100 countries?

It's a BUSINESS...college will mention something about it to you someday..

Comment

• Panamark
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                Not to mention the brand new SeshTwins.

It's true I wouldn't be here on the internet if we had got anywhere, not because it would be below me but because I would have been dead after drinking and snorting everything in sight...

You should put your old demos up, who cares it's all fun.

Cheers!

Sesh Twins !!!!

Boys or Girls ??? Fucking *HUGE* congratulations to you and
                the Seshmistress Well done old chap !!

As for our demos, your singer sounds fantastic compared to ours :p
                Will have new demos for you later this year
                BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• The Scatologist
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2005

Maybe not, but did Sesh have a famous sister and a deal for TV show that would be broadcast in over 100 countries?

It's a BUSINESS...college will mention something about it to you someday..

Well obviously, you guys aren't too good at your business at all.

It's so stupid that it stopped being funny a long time ago.

If you guys were doing things right, then you wouldn't be having to bitch about downloading this and downloading that now WOULD you?

You complain about your fellow record execs being laid off blah blah go cry me a fucking river. Like you said, it's a BUSINESS! If you suck at it, then why the hell should they keep you? Can you pull that shit at any other job? HELL NO!

You guys are trying to sell us SHIT OUTTA YOUR FUCKING ASS for the same price or MORE that we used to pay for gold.

Do you seriously think that you can continue pulling that shit for long and not suffer any consequences?

Also, it's obviously YOU guys since in Japan, bands such as the B'z STILL sell out arenas in a matter of a few hours to a few days, and then sell CDs out the shitload.

Oh wait, B'z are on their own label now.

THAT EXPLAINS A LOT!
                  The name Sammy Hagar conjures up a variety of emotions from music fans--from hate to contempt, from disgust to revulsion.

-TheSmokingGun.com

Comment

• Big Train
                    Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Whatever shitty band your talking about there, I'm glad for them.

Ashlee Simpson sold 3 M-I-L-L-I-O-N records. That will keep the lights on for quite awhile. I'd rather take that any day of the week than what some tastemaker comes along and sells me on 12 failure records from acts who are "big in Japan".

Comment

• The Scatologist
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2005

LMAO, the fact that you, a record exec, doesn't know about the B'z, while many musicians all the way from Aerosmith to Billy Sheehan hold them in high regard, shows how truely underqualified you are for the job.

OH, by the way, they're richer then you, OR the whole Simpson family put together. You get the idea now? In fact, to give you a idea of how rich they are, they could probably just buy out your whole fucking useless record label.
                      The name Sammy Hagar conjures up a variety of emotions from music fans--from hate to contempt, from disgust to revulsion.

-TheSmokingGun.com

Comment

• Big Train
                        Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

I know it's memorial day, but take it easy on the gangj son...

Comment

• The Scatologist
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2005

Don't believe me?

Of course you wouldn't. You're a record exec. You don't know shit about music.

You can't even hande your own affairs right, why the hell would you have any idea that theres a band in this day and age that's had every one of their single's hit #1 on the charts, who's sold around 100 million albums, and can still fill out stadiums like this?

-TheSmokingGun.com

Comment

• The Scatologist
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2005

I hereby announce Big Train to be owned.

-TheSmokingGun.com

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Whatever shitty band your talking about there, I'm glad for them.

Ashlee Simpson sold 3 M-I-L-L-I-O-N records. That will keep the lights on for quite awhile. I'd rather take that any day of the week than what some tastemaker comes along and sells me on 12 failure records from acts who are "big in Japan".
                              Your soul is mine...

Comment

• The Scatologist
                                Sniper
                                • Jan 2005

Funny how this thread proved how fucking retarded record execs are these days isn't it?

BTW, Big Train. 3 Mil?

Wow OMG like WOW. That's like omg WOW 3% of what the B'z sold and that's not even counting all their chart topping solo stuff and collaborations and all the other bands Tak Matsumoto produced for. WOOOOOOOW WOOHOO you so rich now.

-TheSmokingGun.com

Comment

Working...