Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidLeeNatra
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

goooooooood question....my dad was a huge stones fan (got busted when he was at the stones concert in berlin 196'something, where they only played a couple of songs and the audience destroyed the whole "waldbühne")...also elvis and he worked as security for The Who and almost fucked up his hearing cause he was standing close to the pa and daltrey swung his mike on a cymbal...

he also made me listen to ray charles and otis redding, went with me to a lot of club bands, who mostly played covers and got me to my first concert ever in 1982 which was QUEEN...think he was a good influence...

my mother was into beatles...I'm not...
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• mewisemagic
      Commando
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
      goooooooood question....my dad was a huge stones fan (got busted when he was at the stones concert in berlin 196'something, where they only played a couple of songs and the audience destroyed the whole "waldbühne")...also elvis and he worked as security for The Who and almost fucked up his hearing cause he was standing close to the pa and daltrey swung his mike on a cymbal...

he also made me listen to ray charles and otis redding, went with me to a lot of club bands, who mostly played covers and got me to my first concert ever in 1982 which was QUEEN...think he was a good influence...

Damn Natra,Where The Hell Have Ya Been?Havent Seen Ya Around In A While..Good To See Ya,And It Looks Like A Good Musical Upbringing As Well...I Didnt Include Fats Domino As One Of My Dads Favorites,I Still Love To Hear That Stuff!Especially The Christmas Tunes,If It Wasnt For MR.Walker Over At DDLR.COM,I Wouldnt Have Been Able To Re-live S ome Of Those Memories!

Comment

• Unchainme
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2005

Some of my Dad favs
        CCR
        Aerosmith
        Earth Wind and Fire
        All awesome, he's not huge on halen. He does think that Stevie Ray Vaughn is the Greatest guitarist of all time though. When he introduced me to Aerosmith back in the day, thats what got me into Hard Rock.And thats why Aerosmith to this day is in my Top 5 of My favorite bands.
        Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• mewisemagic
          Commando
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
          Some of my Dad favs
          CCR
          Aerosmith
          Earth Wind and Fire
          All awesome, he's not huge on halen. He does think that Stevie Ray Vaughn is the Greatest guitarist of all time though. When he introduced me to Aerosmith back in the day, thats what got me into Hard Rock.And thats why Aerosmith to this day is in my Top 5 of My favorite bands.
          I Met Steven Tyler And Jimmy Crespo During The "Rock In A Hard Place"Tour,Real Nice Guys,And Ive Always Been A Fan Of Their Music,At Least Up Until The Mid 90s..Wish Joe Perry Had Been With The Band At The Time!

Comment

• Unchainme
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by mewisemagic
            I Met Steven Tyler And Jimmy Crespo During The "Rock In A Hard Place"Tour,Real Nice Guys,And Ive Always Been A Fan Of Their Music,At Least Up Until The Mid 90s..Wish Joe Perry Had Been With The Band At The Time!
            Really,that must have kicked ass. Thats got to be intrested, I heard Steven was extremely depressed that he didn't have joe with him. Well at least thats what I saw on behind the music. Aerosmith I think in my opinion is Americas Band, I think Van Halen could have been America's Band If they suck with Dave For like 4 or 5 more albums, But sadly I guess they don't care about Greatness, which is something Aerosmith has obviously achieved in my opinon.
            Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• BrownSound1
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Mar 2003

My folks listened to everything...I was exposed to many different types of music growing up, and for that I have been thankful. This is a very difficult list for me to compile.

I remember very well listening to hours of albums on reel to reel tape. The Ventures was a favorite of my Father, as was Jay and the Americans, scores of folk groups, Chet Atkins, Duane Eddy, Frank Sinatra, Elvis, Chuck Berry, and the list goes on and on.

My mother liked all of that as well, but throw in Buddy Holly, Tony Bennet, Kenny Rogers. My mom loved early Beatles and Rolling Stones, whereas my father didn't care for either one. It wasn't until I started becoming interested in bands like The Kinks, Cream, The Who, Led Zeppelin, that my parents really took notice. I mean they knew who those bands were, but I kind of got them to appreciate that music a bit more. My mother was probably more receptive than my father to the harder stuff. I know they heard all about Van Halen, and even my mom says they were better with Dave. I did manage to get praise from my father when I played bits and piece of Eruption and Spanish Fly during a show my garage band did for a New Year's Eve church youth group party.

Comment

• Rikk
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Golden AWe
                and still you ended up liking Hagar?:confused:
                :p
                Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rikk
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by zeronumber
                  Like Rikki don't lose that number
                  You know, they stole the spelling of that song from me...
                  Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                  Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Big Fat Sammy
                    Veteran
                    • Feb 2005

SAME HERE

zeronumber,

That story about your mom and Miles Davis "Sketches Of Spain" is funny as hell!

Comment

• Panamark
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

I was lucky, my folks loved Rock and Roll..

Beatles, Stones, Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry, Elvis etc etc etc..
                      It was a good introduction to music for me..
                      BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Golden AWe
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FasterPussycat
                        My parents only listen old Korean music, so...

But I do like many "older generation"songs...

Midnight blue...ELO

That's How Strong My Love Is...Oties Reddings

Baby I Gonna Leave You... both versions of LZ and GW

No Querter...again, both versions of LZ and GW

Blue Jean Blues...ZZ Top

Sorry, I forgot how to count!!!

funny how she has to mention that fake korean stuff in every one of her posts...

name some of the korean stuff!
                        Originally posted by Cato
                        Golden, why are you FAT?
                        Originally posted by lesfunk
                        Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                        http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• ashstralia
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Feb 2004

my dad liked elvis... and marching band music! heheh

mum dug neil diamond and roger whittaker.

Comment

• Grant
                            Sniper
                            • Feb 2005

Elvis, Chuck Berry, The Beatles, Hermans Hermits, The Beach Boys, Chet Atkins, The Seekers.

My Dad was always big fan of The Beatles and would tell me stories about how they were staying across the street from him when they came out to Australia in 1964, the height of Beatlemania. He said he got into The Rolling Stones when 'Satisfaction' came out and had always dug 'Time Is My Side'. But he was more a Beatles fan than a Stones fan.

I remember not long ago when I was watching Dave in the 'California Girls' video and Dad asked me, "Is that Van Halen? That's a really good cover!"

I took alot of my musical influences and tastes from my Dad, but it was my older sister who got me into CVH.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by mewisemagic
                              Damn Natra,Where The Hell Have Ya Been?Havent Seen Ya Around In A While..
                              don't worry...I'm here, but it's touring time during the summer so I sometimes wind up in lousy hotels without internet...
                              Roth Army Icon
                              First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• mewisemagic
                                Commando
                                • Jan 2004

don't worry...I'm here, but it's touring time during the summer so I sometimes wind up in lousy hotels without internet...
                                Gotcha..

Comment

Working...