X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unchainme
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2005

WTF is up with Page and Plant

I was flipping through the tv the other day, and I flipped on PBs, and I saw Plant, and he was recording A ROCKABILLY, And page was with him in the studios, And I was like what the hell, Arn't you guys supposed to be recording I don't no maybe Zeppelin style song. Page your a fucking Guitar legend Fucking act like it. What the hell has happened to 'em?
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team
  • DLR7884
    ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Zeppelin wasn't just a rock band.

DLR7884
    They covered the entire spectrum of music, why does them doing a rockabilly song surprise you so much?
    Originally Posted by WARF:
    DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
      Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

See "Hot Dog", from In Through The Out Door
      Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Unchainme
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by DLR7884
        Zeppelin wasn't just a rock band.

DLR7884
        They covered the entire spectrum of music, why does them doing a rockabilly song surprise you so much?
        Its just completely opposite of what i'd expect, I mean all the stories I've heard with Page doing all this stuff, (EX. Playing The Guitar like a Viaolin Bow.). It just doesn't sound Zeppelin-esque to do a Rockabilly song, like that. I guess a point could be made that CVH did Happy Trails, That sounded nothing like any of their other stuff.
        Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• DLR7884
          ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
          Its just completely opposite of what i'd expect, I mean all the stories I've heard with Page doing all this stuff, (EX. Playing The Guitar like a Viaolin Bow.). It just doesn't sound Zeppelin-esque to do a Rockabilly song, like that. I guess a point could be made that CVH did Happy Trails, That sounded nothing like any of their other stuff.
          You obviously aren't a huge Zep fan, so I won't hold it against you.

Go buy their records, they are as diverse as a rock band can get.

DLR7884
          Seriously, do yourself a favor, BUY THEM ALL!
          Originally Posted by WARF:
          DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• Redballjets88
            Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

i hate zepplin no offence i think they are great musicians and i respect them but i just cant stand them due to the fact that everyday i see the same old douche bags wearing thei lepplin shirts when i know they dont even listen to them

maybe i should just hate people even more than i already do
            R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• rustoffa
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

What about that Honeydrippers deal?

FUCK! The whole thing is loosely connected to ROTH! Nile Rogers was in on that Honeydrippers deal where they did a Rockabilly number, and was also in on Dave's Vegas band!

Wot a twisted fucking web!

Comment

• Rikk
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

They did tons of rockabilly during their encores and middle-song jams. They grew up on Elvis and rockabilly.
                Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Wawazat
                  ROCKSTAR

• Jul 2005

I love Zep and most of Page / Plant Solo Output.

If there will be new stuff i´ll try it anyway.
                  Day-dreaming's gone commercial

Comment

• Loons The Great

"My Bucket's Got A Hole In It" is the name of the tune they covered for a tribute to Sun records. Great version of this tune.

Comment

• Loons The Great

Originally posted by Rikk
                      They did tons of rockabilly during their encores and middle-song jams. They grew up on Elvis and rockabilly.
                      There it iz...there medleys always included Ricky Nelson, 'Vis, Buddy Holly, Gene Vincent, Eddie Cochran, etc etc and so on and so forth ad infiniitim...

Comment

Working...