X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mentalpancake
    Roadie
    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by FORD
    Kurt didn't have much use for bigotry of any kind. That GNR song "One In A Million" could pass for a KKK national anthem, so that probably had something to do with it.
    That song is possibly the most offensive thing I've ever heard, though other than that it is a good song.

All 3 bands mentioned (Metallica, Nirvana, and Guns N' Roses) are among my favorites so I really don't have anything negative to say about any of this.

Comment

• Hoongood
      Roadie
      • Jan 2004

Nirvana lacked any value musically or lyrically. I cannot understand why, but this is the most over-rated band in the history of music.

Axl was a prick from day one and that is why the band ended so quickly.

One in a Million is a great song. It is not lyrically offensive. If you want offensive lyrics that sound like a hate group, listen to black men rapping.
      Yeah right she says, maybe in your dreams!

Comment

• Rikk
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

NIRVANA and METALLICA were great bands let by relatively smart people. GUNS 'N' ROSES was made up of great musicians with some great songs but an insane, racist, woman-beating punk that doesn't deserve the retrospective attention he still receives. I wish AXL had offed himself in April 1994 and Kurt were still with us making more albums.
        Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
        Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

I didnt mind the death of hair metal, but I still hate all the shitty Nirvana copycat bands that came after they hit it big. I'd rather listen to Cherry Pie than some Better Than Ezra shit or whatever.

Comment

• Grant
            Sniper
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DLRismydad
            Actually that incident took place at the 1992 mtv video awards whn Kurt and Courteney got in a confrontation with Axl and his then girlfriend Stephanie Seymour.
            Yeah, you're right. Kurt said in a backstage interview with Chris Novoselic while nursing little baby Francis Bean after Nirvana had just played "Lithium" that he ran into Axl and shouted out something to the effect, "Hey Axl, Courtney and I would like you to become the godfather to our child" and Axl stuck his hand out to him pointing down on Kurt in a threatening manner. Kurt said that he hadn't experienced something that degrading since High School.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
              I didnt mind the death of hair metal, but I still hate all the shitty Nirvana copycat bands that came after they hit it big. I'd rather listen to Cherry Pie than some Better Than Ezra shit or whatever.
              Actually I wouldnt listen to Cherry Pie either, to be honest.

Comment

• FasterPussycat
                • Apr 2005

What's to like bout em???:confused:

Comment

• Rikk
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FasterPussycat
                  What's to like bout em???:confused:
                  Oh, go put on your BILLY GAY VIRUS.
                  Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                  Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

Working...