Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Vengeance
    Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

I don't know...who cares? I had always heard the album was not finalized until after the reunion.
    Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Would have to go with:

Animalize

Asylum

Hot In The Shade

Crazy Nights

That whole period from about 1984 to 1990 saw KISS releasing one slab o' shit after another. There was a reason those guys were reduced to playing KISS conventions in the early 1990s.

Yeah, I'm not too thrilled with parts of Dynasty, Unmasked, most of the elder, parts of Creatures of the Night and Lick It Up, either. Essentially, have no use for much that came out after LOVE GUN. Dug Gene's 1978 solo album, think Ace's 1978 solo album ranks up there with KISS' best stuff period. Revenge was a decent return to form.

KISS for me ended in 1979. Don't even have anything that was originally released after Dynasty in my collection anymore. No point to it. Just a bunch of shit taking up space.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I never had it in me to actually play an entire Kiss album.

I have fond memories though of using the records as frisbees!
        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Sarge's Little Helper
          Oops. I wasn't paying attention. Tell me again what is going on.
          LEARN HOW TO READ, BITCH!

=V V=
          ole No.1 The finest
          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Kermit The Frog
            The 'Kissco' album, the one with 'I was made for loving you', sucked a huge cock
            That's like saying 1984 was a pop album because someone only heard 'Jump'.

=V V=
            ole No.1 The finest
            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Rikk

MEZ, VINNIE...I like UNMASKED. I think it's horribly overproduced, EASY AS IT SEEMS is one of the worst songs they ever did...but songs like TORPEDO GIRL, TWO SIDES OF THE COIN, IS THAT YOU, NAKED CITY, SHE'S SO EUROPEAN are all decent or good songs. Basically, though, UNMASKED takes everything that makes DYNASTY one of the band's best albums and overschlocks it.

Rikk,

I actually like Unmasked myself, not all of it, and some of it makes me cringe.

But it got outvoted by other great KISS albums to fall into the '4 worst' list we have here.

The Ace songs rock. Gene's are pretty good too (listen to the original demo for You're All That I Want from the KISS Box Set -- so much better).

Is that You is a good song, as is Shandi, but much of the Paul stuff there is pretty GAY, to say the least (Easy as It Seems, Tommorrow, What Makes the World Go Around.).
              =V V=
              ole No.1 The finest
              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                LEARN HOW TO READ, BITCH!

LOL...never saw somebody flaming sarge's little helper...
                Roth Army Icon
                First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• jacksmar
                  Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

4. Double Platinum – First greatest hits bad idea
                  3. Alive TWO – Live? Well at least it’s KISS, except for the studio overdubs and the musicians used on the studio tracks.
                  2. Smashes, Thrashes, and Hits – Second greatest hits bad idea
                  1. The Box Set – Never reveal your poker hand & leave your facts to “lore” if you’re the “HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD”

As for the rest, you are what you record. For better or worse. The reality of KISS would make most people cringe. The marketed KISS makes me want “ROCK AND ROLL ALL NIGHT AND PAW-TY EV-RY DAY”

A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                    Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by jacksmar
                    4. Double Platinum – First greatest hits bad idea
                    3. Alive TWO – Live? Well at least it’s KISS, except for the studio overdubs and the musicians used on the studio tracks.
                    2. Smashes, Thrashes, and Hits – Second greatest hits bad idea
                    1. The Box Set – Never reveal your poker hand & leave your facts to “lore” if you’re the “HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD”

As for the rest, you are what you record. For better or worse. The reality of KISS would make most people cringe. The marketed KISS makes me want “ROCK AND ROLL ALL NIGHT AND PAW-TY EV-RY DAY”

Oh c'mon. I tell people who are intrested in early KISS, that if they buy Double Platinum, they don't need to buy anything else. There's nothing wrong with it.

The Box set is a gem! Anyone who actually followed KISS knew that the "band" was never as it seemed. Lots of occasions where Peter and Ace were not there. Paul and Gene doing it themselves or using session guys. They weren't telling us anythng we didn't know already. The box set is filled with rare tracks and never before heard stuff. It's great!
                    Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
                      The Box set is a gem! Anyone who actually followed KISS knew that the "band" was never as it seemed. Lots of occasions where Peter and Ace were not there. Paul and Gene doing it themselves or using session guys. They weren't telling us anythng we didn't know already. The box set is filled with rare tracks and never before heard stuff. It's great!
                      The Box set is actually really good.

However, I wanted some DVD stuff in there like Priest did for their Metalogy set.

But the KISS one is good.

Let's not forget, Gene doesn't play a whole lot of bass on either Animalize or Asylum. I don't think he plays at all on Animalize.
                      =V V=
                      ole No.1 The finest
                      EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

1. HITS- Havent had the urge to play this in over a decade.......and never will again.

2. Crazy Nights- Nuff said.......

3. Unmasked- Pop drivel. Next.

4. Asylum..........I don't HATE it, but it's near the bottom.........

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
                          Oh c'mon. I tell people who are intrested in early KISS, that if they buy Double Platinum, they don't need to buy anything else. There's nothing wrong with it.

After 77' Gene hardly EVER played bass on record. Dynasty, for example, saw Ace and Paul playing bass on their tracks..........

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                            Yeah, I'm not too thrilled with parts of Dynasty, Unmasked, most of the elder, parts of Creatures of the Night and Lick It Up, either. Essentially, have no use for much that came out after LOVE GUN. Dug Gene's 1978 solo album, think Ace's 1978 solo album ranks up there with KISS' best stuff period. Revenge was a decent return to form.

KISS for me ended in 1979. Don't even have anything that was originally released after Dynasty in my collection anymore. No point to it. Just a bunch of shit taking up space.

I can agree with you regarding 1979 onward but.....Creatures???

That was one of the best all time 'comeback' albums. The entire album screams 'Heavy Metal', most notably Eric Carr's 'Wall Of Sound' type of Bonham drumming.....
                            http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
                            http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
                            http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
                              I can agree with you regarding 1979 onward but.....Creatures???

That was one of the best all time 'comeback' albums. The entire album screams 'Heavy Metal', most notably Eric Carr's 'Wall Of Sound' type of Bonham drumming.....
                              True true.

To me, Creatures is probably the best Non-Ace/Peter album.

It was a great comeback as far as the album went.

But as far as record sales and the tour, it was a dud.

Save for the Brazil shows (the last in makeup until '96) where they played to about 200,000 people.
                              =V V=
                              ole No.1 The finest
                              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Why didn`t the box set have more from the aborted "Crimes of passion" album supposedly recorded circa "Crazy nights" - "HITS"?

There must be a bunch of unreleased 80`s Kiss.
                                sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

Working...