• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andy Taylor
    Banned
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Atomic_Rob
    Still hating the Dio
    I've always hated Dio but I can manage to hear him on the first two Rainbow albums a couple on the first two Sabbath and the Dehumanizer album which I love. Holy Cheddar is pure awful crap.

Comment

• VHscraps
      Veteran
      • Jul 2009

Not a Graham Bonnet fan - that SChenker album was dreck. I think he skipped out of the MSG band just before they were due to go on tour - waaaaaaaay back in the 80s. But, all that said, couldn't resist this clip below - Bonnet in 1968. This is the song that got him the Rainbow gig. Blackmore remembered it and rescued him from oblivion - a place that he has since returned. These were the Marbles doing 'Only One Woman' (a song written by those Gibb brothers of the Bee Gees) - it was a big hit in Australia in '68. I assume that this is where the clip is from - Oz TV.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tC1auBpqZ4E?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tC1auBpqZ4E?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
      THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Wow, Graham Bonnet sounds good in that clip...

Comment

• kissfan1976
          Head Fluffer
          • Jan 2010

"It Goes On And On And On,It's Heaven And Hell."

Comment

• Green Manalishi
            Head Fluffer
            • Jul 2010

I dig just about anything DIO regardless of which band / lineup , etc . however , I'm rather partial to the Heaven & Hell / Mob Rules / Live Evil era .

I saw Heaven And Hell right about two years ago and I thought they were fantastic ! Who would have guessed the inevitable .

DIO trivia that I heard from the man himself in a radio interview many years ago : He said that he purposely sings

, writes in a lyric , titles a song , or somehow incorporates onto the album cover the actual word " Rainbow "

at least once on every release that he has ever recorded regardless since the very first Ritchie Blackmores Rainbow

album in 1975 .

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Heaven And Hell

Holy Diver

Rising

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Rising has some boring extended jams...

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Apr 2005

Heaven & Hell & Mob Rules are so good I don't even own the other two. They might make my top 10 heavy metal album's of all time. H & H sure is !!

Comment

• big fatty
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jul 2004

HEAVEN AND HELL Hard for any of them to top that one.

RAINBOW's Long Live Rock and Roll is actually my favorite from them, mainly because of, KILL THE KING.

It's such a shame that DIO and Cozy Powell passed on, they were awesome.

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

'Rising' - few things come close: a perfect blend of rock, metal, prog and emotion.

'Holy Diver' - dark and a lot of fun at the same time; people often think that Dio was a one trick pony, but every song here is very distinct.

'Heaven & Hell' - majestic and powerful for sure, but I'm not sure its as consistently 'killer' as the above 2. 90% killer rather than 100%.

Now if the choice was 'Paranoid', 'Sabotage' and 'Blizzard of Ozz' I'd have to go away and agonize over it.......
                      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• bueno bob
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                        'Rising' - few things come close: a perfect blend of rock, metal, prog and emotion.

'Holy Diver' - dark and a lot of fun at the same time; people often think that Dio was a one trick pony, but every song here is very distinct.

'Heaven & Hell' - majestic and powerful for sure, but I'm not sure its as consistently 'killer' as the above 2. 90% killer rather than 100%.

Now if the choice was 'Paranoid', 'Sabotage' and 'Blizzard of Ozz' I'd have to go away and agonize over it.......
                        Let me make it easy for you:

Sabotage
                        Paranoid
                        Blizzard

See? Easy.
                        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

I dunno Bob.

The older I get, the more I seem to appreciate 'Paranoid'.........and 'Blizzard' was a transformative record for guitar and metal (although I'd say it hasn't aged as well as the other two).

Damn it, now I'm agonising over it!
                          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• lesfunk
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                            Let me make it easy for you:

Sabotage
                            Paranoid
                            Blizzard

See? Easy.
                            Not that easy for me. I would say:
                            Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
                            Sabotage
                            Then maybe Blizzard
                            http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

Working...