"Sammy Hagar was thrown off as the opening act of a KISS tour during the late 70's.."

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scamper
    Commando
    • May 2005

Originally posted by franksters
    hey scamper,

you obviously never listen to any kiss album, I propose you go buy yourself the first 3 studio album:

kiss
    dressed to kill
    rock and roll over

and then you will realise that their contribution to the rock music in general is not a joke .... like spammy
    If you like kiss thats fine, but the truth is they were a kiddy rock band that marketed to 15 and 16 years olds. Excuse me if I was too busy listening to real rock bands with talent.

Comment

• scamper
      Commando
      • May 2005

When I hear "I want to rock and roll all night and party every day...I want to rock and roll all night and party every day...I want to rock and roll all night and party every day...I want to rock and roll all night and party every day...I want to rock and roll all night and party every day...I want to rock and roll all night and party every day...I want to rock and roll all night and party every day...I want to rock and roll all night and party every day...I want to rock and roll all night and party every day..." I have to turn the station. Come on figure out a way to end the song. Lame

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by scamper
        If you like kiss thats fine, but the truth is they were a kiddy rock band that marketed to 15 and 16 years olds. Excuse me if I was too busy listening to real rock bands with talent.
        Lemmie guess.....The Eagles??

LOL.
        =V V=
        ole No.1 The finest
        EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• scamper
          Commando
          • May 2005

I've never seen Jimmy Page on a kids lunch box, or in a comic book. Case closed

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
            Veteran
            • Jan 2004

When I hear "I want to rock and roll all night and party every day..." I have to turn the station. Come on figure out a way to end the song. Lame
            I've never seen Jimmy Page on a kids lunch box, or in a comic book. Case closed

lol omg...trashing KISS for Scammy Gaybar....now that's an all time low. Shameful. Especially the fact that you honestly defend him to diss KISS. eucchhh....
            http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
            http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
            http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

I mean...how BAD must one singer or band be to get thrown off as a KI$$ supporting act...
              Roth Army Icon
              First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• scamper
                Commando
                • May 2005

I don't remember defending Hagar, maybe you boys should read all the posts.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Can`t drive 55
                  the irony is that if they went out on tour now kiss would be opening up for sammy. how could kiss follow songs like poundcake or ive done everything for you or waboritas or amsterdam. theyve never even made agood album. sammys got red or nine on a ten scale.

The only "irony" here is your delusional statement matched only by the idiocy of SAM's nephew over at the Links (he once said that SAM's WABORITAs would outdraw a CVH reunion, ha ha!)...

"If" KISS was with their original line up, making real music, they might very well bury a Classic VAN HALEN reunion at this point. SAMMY IS with his line-up of WABORITAs, and he doesn't draw for shit...

Perhaps we can check the attendence levels for the KISS reunion tour in 1996 and of VAN HAGAR's 'Fleece the Sheep '04' abortion, golly...Who'd win that cuntest?

BTW, I'm not even a big KI$$ fan, I think they've become VAN HAGAR with the whole gayer THAYER Spacemen thing. But their '70's stuff was classic...

The only old, fatman KI$$ want onstage at this point is GENE...
                  Last edited by Nickdfresh; 11-08-2005, 09:03 AM.

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                    BTW, I'm not even a big KI$$ fan, I think they've become VAN HAGAR with the whole gayer THAYER Spacemen thing. But their '70's stuff was classic...

The only old, fatman KI$$ want onstage at this point is GENE...
                    While I'll agree that Gene n' Paul shoulda changed the band name after 'Creatures Of The Night', and that the original band was always the best lineup they've ever had - calling Gene an old fatman is uncalled for.

And at least Thayer ain't a bi-curious nazi....like Ace...
                    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
                    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
                    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• vanhalen1r2
                      Head Fluffer
                      • May 2006

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                      I mean...how BAD must one singer or band be to get thrown off as a KI$$ supporting act...
                      You have to suck as bad as Spammy. That my friend is a tall order
                      “A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.”

Comment

• hambon4lif
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jun 2004

I click on a thread that read "Sammy Hagar was thrown off" and I was hoping it would be followed by "a cliff".

Damnit!!

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Wow. A thread from six years ago talking about Hagar getting thrown off of a tour that took place in the seventies. Christ, I hope that rumored Van Halen album comes along, and soon.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• David Lee Rocks
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
                            "Sammy Hagar was thrown off as the opening act of a KISS tour during the late 70's.."

I wish he had been "thrown" under a bus!!!
                            Eddie and Alex have thrown him under plenty of buses

Comment

• David Lee Rocks
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2004

Sammy claims he quit that tour after the Kiss fans booed him off the stage, and thats why he avoided playing New York for a long time

Comment

• Hardrock69
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2005

Heh....like we can believe anything he says.....the fat one is always making excuses. The usual revisionist history.

Comment

Working...