What do you think about Chris Holmes ???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sagebrush
    Head Fluffer
    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by diamondjimi
    What do Chris Holmes and Van Halen have in common ?

Answer: Neither have released a good song in 20 years !
    As hard as this is for me to say '' diamondjim that was the truest thing said about chris holmes and van halen '' well said .

Comment

• GAR
      Banned
      • Jan 2004

Chris played a Hollywood gig recently, he did great.

Lots of energy, ran the stage like a psychopath.. I think he's great. You can see the gig on Youtube, parts of it.

Comment

• ace diamond
        Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by Mr Badguy
        Well, boning Lita Ford can`t be all bad.

He`s one up on us there.
        nikki sixx says she was pretty good in bed.
        motley crue-the dirt........read it for yourself.
        Originally posted by hideyoursheep
        When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
        "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• ace diamond
          Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

about 20 years ago my manager and chris holmes used to hang out and party together a whole lot.
          my manager tells me that one of the times chris was passed out over at his place lita ford called him up and cussed his ass out over the phone something fierce!!
          he was a huge runaways fan, so he thought it was awesome that one of the runaways had called him on the phone just to cuss him out because chris holmes spent so much times avoiding her fucking nagging bitchy ass hanging out and fucking drinking like mad with him and his buddies.
          she got pissed the fuck off and jealous. she was high as fuck! wicked strung out.
          my manager, to this day, still has no idea how the fuck she got his number.

manager also told me that blackie lawless is one of the most psychotic motherfuckers on the planet.

blackie truly is fucking insane.
          "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• Hardrock69
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2005

Never really thought he was anything more than some guy who got lucky getting as far as he did, and that in The Decline Of Western Civilization Part II he came off as a fucking drunk loser jackass.
            Don't know him personally. Would not WANT to know him personally.
            If I never hear about him again, it won't bother me as he never meant shit to me.

Comment

• ace diamond
              Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

well, as for chris holmes, for my ears, if he isn't playing with blackie dickless
              in wasp, i ain't interested.

blackie and chris are nothing without each other.

Comment

• UK ROCKER
                Banned
                • Oct 2009

File Under - Couldn't Give A Fuck

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                  Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Well...that first WASP album is one bad motherfucker! Not a bad track on it. After that, it was never the same.

Chris Holmes appearance in Decline to me was very fake. In fact I believe the director, Penelope (However the fuck her last name is spelled) came out after the movie and said he wasn't nearly as wasted as he acted, and it was all a put-on for the camera. She regretted including it on some level because it wasn't 100% accurate, but it was a great scene and had to be left in.
                  Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

He was okay, I suppose.

To me, his image was more impressive than anything I actually heard him play.

Haven't seen a pic of the guy or heard him play since the 1end of the 1980s. Kind of useful vanishing that way; he doesn't have the burden of trying to live up to his past.

Kind of along the same lines as HardRock69 on him; if I never heard the name again or heard him play again, whatever - I was a lukewarm WASP fan at best.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• kwame k
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Feb 2008

Lukewarm on WASP as well....I will say this was a good remake, for the time.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vqT2Y2l6aLA&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0 xe87a9f"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vqT2Y2l6aLA&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0 xe87a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
                      Originally posted by vandeleur
                      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Dan
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Nice Hair.
                        First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• kwame k
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Dan
                          Nice Hair.
                          I can't take credit for the hair, it's the conditioner
                          Originally posted by vandeleur
                          E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• ace diamond
                            Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y_5PqRNFEyY&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0 xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y_5PqRNFEyY&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0 xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9r8gp0wNAmg&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0 xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9r8gp0wNAmg&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0 xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Comment

• GAR
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2004

I remember the first Troubadour blood-drive gigs with KNAC, and I recall how they faded once Blackie started playing guitar.

I know for a fact they could have been a hellova lot bigger and more successful, but for certain poor key decisions and of course ousting Chris.. and its' pretty easy to criticize when you have a couple decades past history to glean from and of course sitting on the other side of the fence to someone else's experience.

Look at Twisted Sister: they fucking sucked and had awful songwriting and sound engineering. I don't know why they made it, but now they're a legacy act. Why isn't WASP also a legacy act, I dunno. Noone does.

But the fact is, nobody really knows why what for the first couple years looked poised to be a great, next-big spectacle band like KISS didn't go over the top.

You just don't know what or how it happened that they didn't make it, and for the good or bad, alot of bands that look poised to go to number 1 never do and just implode.

On the bright side they had a record contract plus few good records and some great tours went down where they might have made some money. I believe after seeing Chris this year he has a whole 'nuther half to his life for achievement.

Plus he's pretty intelligent, I wouldn't be so quick to discount him out of the picture forever. He was a major writer on those albums after all and he's definately still got it together for performing, just needs an outlet.

Comment

• Terry
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
                                Lukewarm on WASP as well....I will say this was a good remake, for the time.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vqT2Y2l6aLA&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0 xe87a9f"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vqT2Y2l6aLA&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0 xe87a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
                                That WAS a pretty good cover.

Townshend reportedly said as much when he heard it.
                                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...