Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dirty Duck
    Sniper
    • Aug 2005

I've never been a huge fan of QUEEN but I'll always respect that band. Now Bad Company with Paul Rogers is another story for me. I love old BAD COMPANY! I actually caught him back in 2001 at Jones Beach Theater in Wantagh,Ny. It was him and STYX. Great concert. paul sounded great and even sang some old FREE songs. Thanks for the info. I'm looking foward to catching him spring 2006! 4 1/2 more months until spring guys! Yes!

Comment

• Alex Mogilny
      Head Fluffer
      • Apr 2004

I was never a big fan of Queen or Bad Company.

Now Free was a fucking kick ass band. Too bad I am too young to have ever caught them live.

RIP Paul Kossoff

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
        Me too.

I'll go.

I never got to see the original Queen live, so I'll take this version with Paul.

My guess is that for the North American tour, they will or should pull out some Queen gems that were more popular in the US/Canada.

I propose they do these:

Stone Cold Crazy
        Death on Two Legs
        You're My Best Friend
        Now I'm Here
        Killer Queen
        I don't see Paul Rodgers pulling off Stone Cold Crazy.

The guy IS 60 years old after all. That song's a little fast for even a young guy to sing.

From the DVD, it would seem that they were actually trying to do as few of the songs written by Freddy as possible, and I think that's a wise choice under the circumstances.

Although "You're My Best Friend" was Queen's first real US hit, so from a historical perspective, it would be a great addition to the set list.
        Last edited by FORD; 12-02-2005, 05:30 PM.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• bueno bob
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

After consideration, I'm passing on it...

Were it the "Brian May/Paul Rodgers Band", I'd be more likely to support it, but I don't care for them using Queen anywhere in the title...that's just me, I guess...true, if they were calling themselves that, they'd be playing to 400 people (maybe) at the Roseland Theater...and by throwing "Queen" in the title, they're booked at the 30,000+ Rose Garden, so I understand WHY it's being done...I understand monetary considerations VERY well, trust me...
          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
            True...maybe The Cars will open!
            Oooof! Maybe the bands can get together and call themselves QUCARSULT CO.
            Last edited by Nickdfresh; 12-02-2005, 09:41 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I'll see this, since most of the bands I actually wanted to see were actually sold out way in advance. U2's upcoming December Buffalo show, on nearly the 25th anniversy of Jon Lennon's death to the day, has been sold out for nearly seven months. (U2 was playing a small Buffalo rock club on the night John Lennon was gunned down in 1980, it's rumored people from around North America and beyond will be at that show.)

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                I'll see this, since most of the bands I actually wanted to see were actually sold out way in advance. U2's upcoming December Buffalo show, on nearly the 25th anniversy of Jon Lennon's death to the day, has been sold out for nearly seven months. (U2 was playing a small Buffalo rock club on the night John Lennon was gunned down in 1980, it's rumored people from around North America and beyond will be at that show.)
                If this is the end of their North American tour (which usually is in early December) then it's probably going to be the show where all the fan club members come in from all over.

That's not neccessarily a bad thing, if you have a ticket. On the Pop mart tour in 1997, my tickets got upgraded due to stage changes that happenned after the tickets were sold (remember, that one went on sale 9 months in advance!) My upgraded seat put me right next to the fan club kids in front of the stage, so Bono & Edge spent a lot of time out there. Ended up being the best concert seats I ever had, and I usually do pretty well.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• roryrobson666
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Aug 2005

they are bloody good....... i saw them in hyde park this summer!
                  http://www.ironmaiden.com/downloads/tophat2.gif

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by roryrobson666
                    they are bloody good....... i saw them in hyde park this summer!
                    The boots from this tour sound somewhat impressive.

I don't find it to be as bad as say "The Cars" or new "CCR."

But they maybe should have formed a 'supergroup' and changed the name...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                      If this is the end of their North American tour (which usually is in early December) then it's probably going to be the show where all the fan club members come in from all over.

That's not neccessarily a bad thing, if you have a ticket. On the Pop mart tour in 1997, my tickets got upgraded due to stage changes that happenned after the tickets were sold (remember, that one went on sale 9 months in advance!) My upgraded seat put me right next to the fan club kids in front of the stage, so Bono & Edge spent a lot of time out there. Ended up being the best concert seats I ever had, and I usually do pretty well.
                      There's supposedly a lot of buzz regarding this show because of the anniversy of Lennon's death...

I saw them here in 2001, and they were electric. BONO mentioned how they were playing here in 1980, with a band called TALAS (and Billy SHEEHAN). BONO then spoke about finding out about LENNON's death shortly before they went on that night.

Comment

Working...