TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
    BOB and DAVID LEE NATRA...

uh..

ah, forget it...
    foggeddaboudid
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Think the Beatles probably would have gotten back together at some point in the 1980s had Lennon not been killed.

Post-Beatles, just never cared for McCartney's stuff. Enjoy his 1970s work when I'm in the mood for cheese, up through and including his early 1980s stuff. Harrison benefitted most from the break-up. Ringo is Ringo. Always good for a laugh.

Lennon...definitely the most interesting Beatle to me. The Beatle tunes that resonate the strongest with me are the ones with his stamp on them (Strawberry Fields Forever, I Am The Walrus, Come Together, etc...unless Paul is now taking credit for writing those too. Really didn't care for the cowardly way he went about claiming how basically he was the Beatles after Lennon died).

Lennon's solo stuff is kind of a mixed bag. Really didn't think Double Fantasy was anything that great, truth be told. In fact, didn't have much use for him after Mind Games, but I love that track 'Nobody Told Me', off of Milk and Honey (which Lennon apparently wrote in the hopes that Ringo would record it...if that was supposed to be a Ringo track for a Beatles reunion album or not, I don't know).
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Jack68
        Commando
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by FORD
        True story..... in fact they had actually started to write for the album. Some of the songs Lennon was writing ended up on Double Fantasy.

The band was even considering the title "Get Back" for the album, and Columbia was preparing promotional materials for what everyone there assumed would be a massive comeback.

Here's a promotional poster made for the occasion........
        Complete bullshit.As for a reunion who knows id be the first one to want to believe it.To say that the songs that ended up on Double Fantasy were from an aborted reunion attempt is laughable.I think Lennon and Mccartney were starting to feel one another out on the possiblitty but Lennon was still pissed at George for his I,Me,Mine autobiography which pretty much dismisses the Beatles.Nice poster though,get a beanstalk with it?Any reunion would of been guests on a Ringo album.
        Last edited by Jack68; 12-08-2005, 10:16 PM.
        "Avant Garde is French for bullshit.”

Comment

• Jack68
          Commando
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
          Hey man, like no way man! They had all this pent up energy and were raring to go 'cause the STONES were king then and rock was missing something that the punks couldn't provide, they'd of had a good ten years and three or four albums and maybe would have had another reunion, but I guess we'll never know...

And fuck all you BONO-haters! :confused:
          The who were the hottest ticket in town as was VH at the time.Im speaking live of course,keiths heroin thingy killed that band back then.I dont think the reunited beatles were a unleashed type of thing that i wish would of happenned.I honestly think a reunion album would of been done under a ringo banner.Can you imagine the pressure?Maybe a one off live 8 show or something but they were grown men in their late 30s been their done that.At best record at their leisure and maybe tour,who the fuck knows?
          "Avant Garde is French for bullshit.”

Comment

• thome
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Mar 2005

I couldn't believe it CNN was the only station running a JohnLennon tribute. A news station Not VH1 or MTV, May be something else on later
            tonight, but the hour long tribute was on CNN hollywood style show (i
            didn't even know CNN had one, Can't believe it) .

It was nice and affectionate the good perts of his life .Dick Cavitt
            was
            interviewed some good stuff. Cavitt mentioned that it was amazing
            how much drugs and drinking and women conquests the Beatles
            did we were lucky to have him or any of the Beatles for as long as
            we did and mentioned John could have gone the way of Hendrix
            and Joplin .and I know a little of Cavitt he was probably there side
            by side doing every drug imagineable then back to work suit
            and tie. I allways liked Cavitt and he was a Rock party patron for- shure.

Lennon and the Beatles are in the hearts of Countless people and
            will continue for ages that way, the Music IS that strong.

So as I say Good Bad Or Indifferent about someone, I cant believe
            2 hundred Million sales and only one station had a tribute
            on a 25th aniversaty 25 is usually a number well counted so it goes..........
            :confused:

Comment

Working...