• Nov 2004

Mark St. John
    Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
      Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
      Hey, don't get me wrong, aside from those few gay Paul tunes, I like Unmasked.

Ace has the best tunes (even if they are corny as hell) and even Gene's aren't that bad.

Talk to Me
      She's So European
      Two Sides of a Coin
      You're All That I want

Heck, I even like Shandi and at times (go ahead, laugh), Is that You.

Although I haven't listened to it in ages, maybe there's a reason.
      I've always said that Ace had the best tunes on that album, but I do like a lot of Pauls and Gene's as well. She's So European, Shandi, Is That You...

Ace had good tunes on Dynasty as well. He really took that album over with his cover of 2000 Man. I really have no use for Gene's tunes on that album for the most part, other than Charisma.
      Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Terry, you might wanna re-consider.

While the Elder is by no means a 'traditional' KISS album, its an interesting record (if you get into the whole fantasy storyline around it and so on).

While there are some real crappers on it, there are a lot of bright spots:

Only You
        Dark Light (cool Ace track and an awesome solo)
        A World Without Heroes
        The Oath
        Escape from the Island (cool instrumental written by Eric Carr and Ace).
        I (cheesey yes, but a catchy tune).

Yeah...no. Not so much for the Elder.

Unmasked slipped in because I had forgotten how stinky that was.

I remember the Elder.

I didn't begrudge it so much because KISS was trying something different, but just because it did nothing for me, ya know?
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Mr Badguy
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Hey, I REALLY like "Unmasked".

I didn`t get it until the late 80`s and I`ve always dug it.

As bad as Kiss can be is still a hell of a lot better than most other bands.

"Easy as it seems" sucks, though.
          sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
            I've always said that Ace had the best tunes on that album, but I do like a lot of Pauls and Gene's as well. She's So European, Shandi, Is That You...

Ace had good tunes on Dynasty as well. He really took that album over with his cover of 2000 Man. I really have no use for Gene's tunes on that album for the most part, other than Charisma.
            Charisma is one of my favorite Gene tunes.

Love that song.

That one has NEVER been played live.
            =V V=
            ole No.1 The finest
            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Terry
              Yeah...no. Not so much for the Elder.

Unmasked slipped in because I had forgotten how stinky that was.

I remember the Elder.

I didn't begrudge it so much because KISS was trying something different, but just because it did nothing for me, ya know?
              I hear ya.

The Oath has a cool riff though.
              =V V=
              ole No.1 The finest
              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Charisma is one of my favorite Gene tunes.

Love that song.

That one has NEVER been played live.
                Although it may have. Just before the Unplugged program, KISS did that convention tour. You had the KISS interactive concert at every event, where fans could request any song they wanted to hear. Somewhere along the line, someone must have requested Charisma. Whether they played it or not is unknown.

I know they had to go into quick rehearsals because at the first couple of conventions people were requesting the most obscure songs in the KISS catalogue.
                Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                  Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Although it may have. Just before the Unplugged program, KISS did that convention tour. You had the KISS interactive concert at every event, where fans could request any song they wanted to hear. Somewhere along the line, someone must have requested Charisma. Whether they played it or not is unknown.

I know they had to go into quick rehearsals because at the first couple of conventions people were requesting the most obscure songs in the KISS catalogue.
                  I think fans did request it, but I think it wasn't played (they just never rehearsed it).

If it was, I'm sure it would've have been well documented and we all would know about it.
                  =V V=
                  ole No.1 The finest
                  EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                    Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

I think fans did request it, but I think it wasn't played (they just never rehearsed it).

If it was, I'm sure it would've have been well documented and we all would know about it.
                    It became obvious when you look at some of that Convention tour footage, that they had monitors for the lyrics for all the songs and they also had music sheets in front of them for some songs. You'd think if people were requesting it, they'd at least rehearse it a couple of times in sound checks so they could play it.

I wonder if anyone knows if it got played?

Also- has anyone else ever caught the quick glimpse of the lyrics monitor during unplugged? Seems the boys still needed it on some tunes. There are a few subtle things on that video that I caught along the way.
                    Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

It became obvious when you look at some of that Convention tour footage, that they had monitors for the lyrics for all the songs and they also had music sheets in front of them for some songs. You'd think if people were requesting it, they'd at least rehearse it a couple of times in sound checks so they could play it.

I wonder if anyone knows if it got played?

Also- has anyone else ever caught the quick glimpse of the lyrics monitor during unplugged? Seems the boys still needed it on some tunes. There are a few subtle things on that video that I caught along the way.
                      Interesting.

That whole convention tour in '95 leading up to Unplugged and then the big Reunion was such a great time to be a KISS fan.
                      =V V=
                      ole No.1 The finest
                      EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• ace diamond
                        Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by Diver Down NJ
                        What does that have to do with the 4 new songs on Killers being better than the songs on Unmasked? :confused:
                        well,simply that someone was implying that eric carr played on that record,and in fact,neither he nor peter criss played on unmasked. eric did play on the tour,however the 4 killers tracks and music from the elder were his first kiss recordings sessions.

i know my kisstory.
                        Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                        When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
                        "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2004

An actual video??

Not in the same way as I Love it Loud, but there was a "video" of Creatures of the Night (the song).

If you have KISS X-treme Close-Up video (1992), there is footage of KISS playing to the recorded album track of 'Creatures' (with Ace).

I've never seen the complete vid of this performance, but there is one out there.
                          YES YES YES! That's EXACTLY what I was referring to!!!

It looked like an ACTUAL video.

VINNIE, YOU DA MAN!!

Can you tell me where to D/L this video, in it's entirety??

I already have the XTreme Close Up DVD, looking for the entire video!

If you have it, lemme know!!!
                          http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
                          http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
                          http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by ace diamond
                            well,simply that someone was implying that eric carr played on that record,and in fact,neither he nor peter criss played on unmasked. eric did play on the tour,however the 4 killers tracks and music from the elder were his first kiss recordings sessions.

i know my kisstory.
                            Anton Fig played on Unmasked.

He also played on Dynasty, with exception to "Dirty Livin'" (Peter) and "I Was Made For Lovin' You" was played by some dude named Richie Fontana.
                            =V V=
                            ole No.1 The finest
                            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
                              YES YES YES! That's EXACTLY what I was referring to!!!

It looked like an ACTUAL video.

VINNIE, YOU DA MAN!!

Can you tell me where to D/L this video, in it's entirety??

I already have the XTreme Close Up DVD, looking for the entire video!

If you have it, lemme know!!!
                              Sorry, bro.

I've never seen the entire video of Creatures -- only what was shown on Extreme Close-Up (I still don't have the DVD -- I have it on VHS - bought it the day it came out in '92).

So, I can't say whether there is a download for it out there either.

But I will start searching!
                              =V V=
                              ole No.1 The finest
                              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
                                Veteran
                                • Jan 2004

Sorry, bro.

I've never seen the entire video of Creatures -- only what was shown on Extreme Close-Up (I still don't have the DVD -- I have it on VHS - bought it the day it came out in '92).

So, I can't say whether there is a download for it out there either.

But I will start searching!
                                Vinnie, you're the most dedicated KISS fan on this site, at least that I've seen.

If there's anyone that has the resources and connections to get that video, it be you!

PM me if/when you find it, puhleeeeeeeeeeze!!!

10x
                                http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
                                http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
                                http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

Working...