Dave Mathews Band: Pure, unadulterated SHIT.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • diamondsgirl
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2004

Dave made a comment about that kind of music today on his show. he was talking about Coldplay...but its the same thing with DMB, IMO.

Something like "Its so lite that you don't know if you're hearing anything at all"

No impact at all.
    “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• BITEYOASS
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

I almost went ballistic on a camping trip when they kept playing that same damn DMB album over and over and over AGAIN!!! And after that expierience I plan on smashing the nearest radio, then next time I hear that SOB!!!!

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

A friend of mine was in John Mayer's band until he diecided to go solo a couple of years ago.

Comment

• Dirty Duck
          Sniper
          • Aug 2005

Rustoffa thank you for a wonderful thread on an absolutley shitty band. It's about time someone had the balls to call that group out. Hmmmm...wonder why I didnt start this? Anyway...
          I first heard Dave Matthews back in 1995 when a friend of mine said:
          "Duck...got a new band for you to check out."
          Me,open to giving all types of music a chance,gave a listen and really wasnt impressed at all. THAT VOICE? How fucking annoying. The band may be tight but how boring? SERIOUSLY? There is nothing impressive to me. A couple of my buds love him...I fight with them all the time. They talk about their DAVE and fucking A...I talk about mine. The band does nothing for me....it bothers me How can this music be popular? Then again so were the Backstreet boys right? It's amazing....peoples tastes in music today. Thanks for reading this...now I'm gonna go listen to some Dave....
          The Dave WE ALL LOVE...

Comment

• Rikk
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

DAVE MATTHEWS is awful.

The man even shits on people...

Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
            Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• m_dixon1984
              Foot Soldier
              • Aug 2004

I have a profound hatred for the DMB. It rivals my hatred for REM, U2 and more recently Maroon 5.
              Disagree with my comparisons, I don't care. Too much exposure to these bands and I might be driven to do something horrible with worldwide implications. A caricature of Budda, working in an outsourcing center. That oughta do it.
              M
              http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...rip10_full.jpg

Comment

• Alex Mogilny
                Head Fluffer
                • Apr 2004

The John Mayer Trio is stuff is cool.

He is a fantastic guitar player. His pop shit sucks. He should stick to his blues playing.

DMB is beyond horrible. I have very wide range in musical likes. I even like some "jam bands". But DMB sucks...nothing new, nothing original....putrid shit.

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Fat Sammy
                  A friend of mine said that her guitar instructor (who is a college professor BTW) said that DM is the greatest rhythm guitarist of all time.

I told her I wouldn't know because I've never heard his guitar plugged in. :p
                  Then your friend needs to get all her money invested in this instructor promptly refunded and find a new one, 'cuz the guy obviously has shit in his ears.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• rustoffa
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Some dude on a "nu rock" station here actually got fired for refusing to play that shit. Kudos to him....then he went to work for an "all things alternative" station here that also plays it.

It wasn't a work, because the two stations are not owned by the same parent company. (ie CC)

I guess the dipshit got hungry, or had his Jetta payments go into arrears. Quite fitting, since he's taking it up the rear again.

Before anybody jumps on me for "having to pay the bills", etc.....

I got no problem with it...just don't make a stand. You make a stand, you should stick to your guns and become a gutter punk or some shit....just throw everything away.

I'm kidding.

The dude's still a dipshit.

Comment

• Flash Bastard

Never heard their stuff, not knowingly... or willingly for that matter.

I'm trying to isolate myself from shitty music, so far it's worked.

If the comparison to Hootie and the Suckfish is accurate, then they need to be eliminated with extreme prejudice. Fucking pronto.

(see, I found a way to work the f-bomb in there)

Comment

• Big Fat Sammy
                        Veteran
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Flash Bastard

If the comparison to Hootie and the Suckfish is accurate, then they need to be eliminated with extreme prejudice. Fucking pronto.

Totally understand the isolation...I TRY to, but it seems that some shit you can't escape.

Comment

• doctor roth
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jun 2005

This is great. Type 'Hate and dave matthews band" into google. hilarious !!!

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by doctor roth
                            This is great. Type 'Hate and dave matthews band" into google. hilarious !!!
                            wow.

thats a whole lotta hate
                            “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Flash Bastard

Comment

• rustoffa
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Flash Bastard

Be thankful for the self-imposed isolation bro.

You know how that Hootie and the Suckfish shit sounds?

Imagine it with with whining and a fiddle. Same result though.....

Stoned dipshits getting drunk to it, scoring, then thinking to selves:

"it must be up her butt, 'cause her pussy just ain't that tight!"

Comment

Working...