• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WARF
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

The top 5 producers of all time?

List them here!
    a:10:{i:3997;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:3997;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"33287";s:5:"title";s:23:"George Martin (Beatles)";s:5:"votes";i:1;s:6:"voters";a:1:{i:0;s:4:"4651";}}i:3998;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:3998;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"33287";s:5:"title";s:32:"Brian Eno ( U2, David Bowie etc)";s:5:"votes";i:1;s:6:"voters";a:1:{i:0;s:4:"3153";}}i:3999;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:3999;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"33287";s:5:"title";s:30:"Ted Templeman (Van Halen, DLR)";s:5:"votes";i:2;s:6:"voters";a:2:{i:0;s:3:"145";i:1;s:5:"12533";}}i:4000;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:4000;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"33287";s:5:"title";s:34:"Jimmy Page (All of the Zep albums)";s:5:"votes";i:2;s:6:"voters";a:2:{i:0;s:4:"5688";i:1;s:2:"59";}}i:4001;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:4001;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"33287";s:5:"title";s:35:"Roger Bain (First 3 Sabbath albums)";s:5:"votes";i:0;s:6:"voters";a:0:{}}i:4002;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:4002;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"33287";s:5:"title";s:37:"Shel Talmy (The Kinks, The Who, etc)";s:5:"votes";i:0;s:6:"voters";a:0:{}}i:4003;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:4003;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"33287";s:5:"title";s:71:"Phil Spector (Beatles, Tina Turner, The Ramones, Cher, John Lennon etc)";s:5:"votes";i:0;s:6:"voters";a:0:{}}i:4004;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:4004;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"33287";s:5:"title";s:33:"Nile Rodgers (Chic, DLR, Madonna)";s:5:"votes";i:0;s:6:"voters";a:0:{}}i:4005;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:4005;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"33287";s:5:"title";s:63:"Chris Thomas (Sex Pistols, Pink Floyd, INXS, The Pretenders, U2";s:5:"votes";i:0;s:6:"voters";a:0:{}}i:4006;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:4006;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"33287";s:5:"title";s:22:"Other (Please Explain)";s:5:"votes";i:5;s:6:"voters";a:5:{i:0;s:2:"77";i:1;s:3:"938";i:2;s:4:"9783";i:3;s:4:"1309";i:4;s:5:"12968";}}}
    0%
  • Matt White
    • Jun 2004

Jimmy Page....the WAGNER of rock.

I'd have gone with TED...he did the 6-pack...but his work with Montrose killed it for him!!!:p

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Jimmy Miller - produced the Mick Taylor era Stones albums.

Steve Lillywhite - produced U2's first three albums himself, and has collaborated with the band several times since.

Glyn Johns - worked with just about everyone in the late 60's/early 70's. Produced what should have been the final mix of the Beatles "Get Back/Let It Be". (Spector ruined it) Went from there to the Stones "Get Your Ya-Ya's Out", still considered their best official live album. Moved on to "Who's Next" after that. Hell of an achievement in such a short time. He went on to produce the early Eagles albums after that.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• WARF
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
        Jimmy Page....the WAGNER of rock.

I'd have gone with TED...he did the 6-pack...but his work with Montrose killed it for him!!!:p
        Ted also recorded the last GREAT Aerosmith album, "Done With Mirrors"!!!

Comment

• Mr Badguy
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Trevor Horn.

He revolutionized 80`s production.

Listen to Yes "90125" and it`s hard to believe that it is over 20 years old.
          sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Don Corleone
            Veteran
            • May 2004

Got say Goerge Martin. The work he did with the Beatles laid down the template for the rest of these guys to follow.
            Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Mr Badguy
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Martin Birch

Deep Purple "Machine Head"
              Rainbow "Rising"
              Black Sabbath "Heaven And Hell"
              Whitesnake "Ready An` Willing"
              Iron Maiden "The Number Of The Beast"

To name but five.
              sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

I gotta 2nd Lillywhite too, Bob Clearmountain, Billy Howerdel, Bob Ezrin and John Hammond round out my other picks for "OTHER"!
                http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• The_KiD
                  Commando
                  • Jun 2005

Robert "Mutt" Lange:

ACDC: Highway to Hell, Black & Black
                  Def Leppard: High & Dry, Pyromania, Hysteria
                  Foreigner: 4
                  The Cars: Heartbeat City
                  Just to name a few. Not to mention he closed the Deal with Shania Twain and gets to go home to that every night....

KiD

Comment

• fe_lung
                    Sniper
                    • Mar 2004

I would have to write in Danny Lanois. - He brings out the best in everyone he works with.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Nov 2004

1. Jimi Hendrix (be it "only" for "Electric Ladyland"... man, what album on earth can compete?);

2. Brian Wilson;

3. Jimmy Miller (mostly for "Beggars Banquet" and "Let it Bleed", the outcome of ABKCO's DSD remasters made them more than stellar);

4. Glyn Johns (everybody wanted him as their sound engineer back in the golden years, before he set to production too);

5. Jimmy Page.

That's three Jim(m)ies... Funny coincidence.

Well, all of my top 5 are from the old days, but well, this was when most of it was invented IMO.
                      Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 04-17-2006, 09:52 AM.
                      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• The_KiD
                        Commando
                        • Jun 2005

Originally posted by fe_lung
                        I would have to write in Danny Lanois. - He brings out the best in everyone he works with.

Nice Call on Lanois.. I have all of his Solo Stuff..

KiD

Comment

• Hardrock69
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2005

Martin Birch

Jimmy Page

Jimi Hendrix

George Martin

Glyn Johns

Comment

• fe_lung
                            Sniper
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by The_KiD
                            Nice Call on Lanois.. I have all of his Solo Stuff..

KiD
                            It's quality stuff - espicially Wynona

Comment

• Big Troubles
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Feb 2004

Robert Lange
                              Bob Rock
                              Bob Geldof
                              "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

Working...