X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unchainme
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Mr Grimsdale
    small gig? i'd hardly call the hammersmith apollo a small venue, ok it's nowhere near stadium size

anyway, most of the reviews seem to be very positive from that show

they all said that avenged sevenfold finished at 9 and they had to wait 1 hour 35 minutes for the Guns but the reviews do seem very favourable saying the new material is as good as the stuff on appetite
    Appetite? That sounds very strong, I'd say maybe UYI, But not Appetite, GN'R could never replicate that success again.
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

Keep the faith alive!
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
        ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by binnie
        I think Bach is gonna blow Axl off the stage!
        BOLLOCKS
        I really love you baby, I love what you've got
        Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
          BOLLOCKS
          On the recent performances I heard/ seen from Axl, I don't think so....

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
            BOLLOCKS
            Now, come on, you've got to stop kidding your stubborn self. You've got to come to terms with the fact that Axl isn't a great singer, and is, these days, washed up. At least he used to be a good frontman, but I haven't seen much evidence of that recently.

What kind of idiot starts making an album, and it still isn't released 10-12 years later?
            Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by binnie
              If it's half as good as the stuff on Appetite i'll be fucking chuffed!
              If its half as good as Appetite, I'll be fookin suprised.

Appetite-Good
              Lies-Sucked
              Illusion I-sucked
              Illusion II-sucked
              Spaghetti Incident-Sucked

If I hear my sister (somebody who went to see GIRL'S ALOUD recently) say how much she likes "November Lame" and "Sweet Child O Fuck Not This One Again" anymore, I'm gonna go crazy.
              Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• Anonymous
                Banned
                • May 2004

Originally posted by Douglas T.
                Didn't know he went away! I've seen 3 of the 4 Broadway shows! he's done plenty of solo stuff! He's all over like flies on sam!
                Well, I meant a 'comebach' to the Metal scene... I know he's been playing Broadway, but haven't got around to download any of his performences, if indded they are available somewhere... I may be a big fan of the guy, but Broadway is too gayish for me to go through all the trouble. Call it prejudice, but hey...

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• Anonymous
                  Banned
                  • May 2004

small gig? i'd hardly call the hammersmith apollo a small venue, ok it's nowhere near stadium size

they all said that avenged sevenfold finished at 9 and they had to wait 1 hour 35 minutes for the Guns but the reviews do seem very favourable saying the new material is as good as the stuff on appetite
                  Reviews are all strangely positive, regarding Axl's shows... it's like nobody cares the guy can't sing properly anymore and is exhausted after "running" some 6 feet. Not the frontman of olden, no...

Comment

• Unchainme
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
                    Appetite-Good
                    Lies-Sucked
                    Illusion I-sucked
                    Illusion II-sucked
                    Spaghetti Incident-Sucked
                    Appetite is the best thing they ever did.

GN'R lies- half of it is an old demo they did with a awesome cover of mama kin. Other half is GN'R acoustic, I used to love her is a kickass song on there,

USYI & II-I used to detest this album, but I have really softened on it, Grate album although not appetite a very different album.

Spaghetti- Disapointing way to go out, Hair of the dog is a kickass cover though.
                    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Oct 2004

My feelings are GNR were a bad ass rock and roll band. Dirty and in your face. Then, Axl thinks "Ooooh, lets try and be Jim Steinman", and, hence, UYI. I just don't think its what GNR were supposed to be about.
                      Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

Yeah, UYI albums were a disappointment, but there are still some incredible songs on there mixed in with the bloated ones.

a different G'N'R, but I still listen to them today....

But Appetite is outstanding...

Comment

• The_KiD
                          Commando
                          • Jun 2005

I enjoyed most of their stuff but Appetite is really G&R's masterpeace. Kinda like Purple Rain for Prince as it will never be equaled or bettered..

KiD

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Fair enough it's what 5000 standing(and just a great venue, the London Astoria is my favourite though) but when you are not touring the country that makes it small.

Did you manage to get a ticket?

Exactly exactly...

I haven't read the reviews but if they are saying the new stuff is even on the same planet as AFD then that's just ludicrous.

Even if it was 1 hour 35 minutes do you think that's acceptable for an aging fat ginger man who has lost his voice and surrounds himself with mediocre musicians? Plus we're talking about London here, you know better than me how fucking difficult it would have been for fans too get home after the subway shut because that prima donna cunt was fucking with the people that pay his wages...again.

Cheers!

Comment

• Douglas T.
                              Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
                              Well, I meant a 'comebach' to the Metal scene... I know he's been playing Broadway, but haven't got around to download any of his performences, if indded they are available somewhere... I may be a big fan of the guy, but Broadway is too gayish for me to go through all the trouble. Call it prejudice, but hey...

The Broadway shows were well worth the trip to NYC! The Jesus Christ Superstar traveled the U.S.! All where steller! Still good to see him back rockin' again! Can't find any downloads! Props to anyone who does! I have JC on DVD ... maybe I'll post a bit of it here!

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

Please so post some it, that would be cool....

Comment

Working...