Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • franksters
    Veteran
    • Mar 2004

binnie YOu are absolutly right! agree 100%!!
    SUMMER'S JUST
    AROUND
    THE CORNER!

[IMG]
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...rs/2wbthcw.jpg

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

Originally posted by franksters
      binnie YOu are absolutly right! agree 100%!!
      Why thank-you sir!

the only guy I see winning is the Icelandic dude.

Its an outside chance, as he is hardly exciting, but he has a deep crooning voice that is interesting.

But with the exception of Dilana and Storm, I don't see any of these guys being able to front Supernova: I think that they will jst be overwhlemed by the other memebers on stage, whereas Dilana and Storm own that stage....
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Douglas T.
        Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

I'd be first in line to buy a ticket with Dilana opening! Wouldn't bother going if Lukas won!

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

Originally posted by Douglas T.
          I'd be first in line to buy a ticket with Dilana opening! Wouldn't bother going if Lukas won!
          Exactly, Lucas only seems to be able to do one thing: sort of growl, but hold his voice in, he never lets everything go full pelt.

I hope we get to see more from him in later weeks......

Same goes for the Icelandic guy, and the crazy Puerto Rican girl....

Comment

• Douglas T.
            Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

Here's Dilanas videos:
            Just Call me Pete Productions (petemitchell)'s profile on Myspace, the place where people come to connect, discover, and share.

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

Here's a quick review of the show I've just seen:

Patrice (with Tommy on drums): she sounded flat on the low notes, and her perfomance was totally overshone by the fact that TL was on drums (he is a fucking monster!!!). She also spent way too much time singing to Tommy and not the audience.

Ryan: Great vocal performance on the REM tun, boy can sing, no question. However, I don't think the way he sang that song fitted it's subject matter. The lyrics are more desperate, whereas he turned it into a power ballad to showcase his voice. Brave, but not my thing...

Dilana: Wasn't sure at the start, but fuckin A, what a performance. She owns the stage everytime, a ockstar without a band.

Lukas: piss-poor. His vocals sounded messy and he appeared dis-interested. Why sing with your back to the stage? If you don't like the song don't pick it, there are thousands of singers who would kill for that opportunity!

Jill: Has to go! A walking cliche, over sings on every performance. Everything she does is karaoke, and she reminds me of Doro Petsch, which isn't a good thing...

Iclandic dude: Coldpay suck, why pick this song. Anyone who think Coldplay are a rock band should be shot. However, he is the best guy there. His vocals are great in the lower register, and I think that is something that is needed in rock. Yet this song showed how limited his range is: he sounded shocking on that folsetto....

Storm: Fuckin great vocal, best singer here no question, I totaly beleived that she meant that song, whereas some of the other guys are like listening to a karaoke contest. She looked a little uncomfortable singing a ballad, she blatently likes to go nuts. But I would pay to see that.

Danna: Oversang, bigtime. Didn't beleive her vocal at all. She also looked uncomforble: shes a good girl, not a rocker.

Zarya: I fuckin love her. If I was forming a band then I would ant her singing in it because she forces you to have a reaction, whether it be love or hate. Owns the stage too. However, I don't think she's the siinger for this band.

Josh: so bland, I can't even be bothered to comment.

Aussie dude: tries way to hard, and doesn't looked relaxed - not good, not good at all. looks and moves like a tribute band singer....

It's between Dilana and Storm for perfomance of the week.

Jill has to go...

Comment

• Douglas T.
                Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

Originally posted by binnie

Zarya: I fuckin love her. If I was forming a band then I would ant her singing in it because she forces you to have a reaction, whether it be love or hate. Owns the stage too. However, I don't think she's the siinger for this band.

I'd like to see her do a full set! She makes me think of the bands thay show in movies of the future!

Comment

• VAN HLN CA
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Apr 2005

Id like to see her in less costume.

Topless would launch her into top 3, CBS goes pixelmad.

I'd like to shear Lukas skunk hawk.

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

I'd like to see her do a full set! She makes me think of the bands thay show in movies of the future!
                    Ha Ha, that's true.

I see her more in a sort of arthouse indie band than a rock outfit.

You know a sort of Nymphs, REM esque band.

I think she will be gone in a couple of weeks, I get the impression that they are keeping her for the "what the fuck is she gonna do next" factor.....

Comment

• Douglas T.
                      Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

I used to hate that CATS in th' CRADLE song! She was last for a reason! Lukas was third I'd say after the Phil Collins song.

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

I used to hate that CATS in th' CRADLE song! She was last for a reason! Lukas was third I'd say after the Phil Collins song.
                        Damn, I haven't seen that show yet, I think we are a week behind.

On the week I've just seen, Danna got sent home.

Comment

• Douglas T.
                          Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

Two people got sent home last week!

Comment

• Douglas T.
                            Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

I think ZAYRA did herself in this week ... I'm sure she'll pull a trick out while performing in the bottom thre this week! Here's all the performances!

Last edited by Douglas T.; 08-16-2006, 08:03 AM.

Comment

• The_KiD
                              Commando
                              • Jun 2005

I really enjoyed Dilana's and Ryan's performances last night. Lucas coming in at a very distant 3rd. Ryan and Dilana are definitely the ones to watch at this point..

I think tonight's bottom three will consist of Zarya, Storm, and Patrice..

KiD

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

Cheers for the link DT, the shows I'm seeing are a couple of weeks behind.

Anyone else find Lukas's voice irritating?

He seems to be a good writer (from the behind the scenes shows) but that growl just doesn't do it for me.

Comment

Working...