Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redfire
    Head Fluffer
    • Feb 2004

I thought Mustaine said he gave Dave a chance to come back. James Lomenzo is fine imo. But, as for Marty, that's a tough call. And for the record, right now Marty Friedman's latest cd (Loudspeaker) is in my cd player. I really liked Music for Speeding, so I'm ok with Marty being a solo artist, and I do want hear how Drover sounds. So, while I'd love to see him back with Megadeth, I'm fine with him being a solo artist. I do have big expectations for United Abominations. TSHF was a return for Dave. So only if UA sucks, which I don't think it will having heard Washinton's Next, then I'd press for Marty to return.
    Eat Us and Smile!

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

Originally posted by redfire
      I thought Mustaine said he gave Dave a chance to come back. James Lomenzo is fine imo. But, as for Marty, that's a tough call. And for the record, right now Marty Friedman's latest cd (Loudspeaker) is in my cd player. I really liked Music for Speeding, so I'm ok with Marty being a solo artist, and I do want hear how Drover sounds. So, while I'd love to see him back with Megadeth, I'm fine with him being a solo artist. I do have big expectations for United Abominations. TSHF was a return for Dave. So only if UA sucks, which I don't think it will having heard Washinton's Next, then I'd press for Marty to return.

Marty coming back now would add a little bit of extra chemistry, and killer leads - but it's not like he was a major songwriting force is it?

Be cool in the live venue, but I don't think it'd make much difference in the studio....
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
        ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U
        Wouldn't it be cool if one day Dave, James, and Lars could reunite under the Metallica name?

Think about this:

Dave (Vocals,rythym)
        James (Vocals,rythym)
        Lars (Drums)
        Marty Friedman (Lead)
        David Ellefson (Bass)
        Nah that would not be cool.Hetfield does not belong on the same stage as Mustaine,They would release some fag metal song with a St Anger sound to it.

a better line up imo would be

Dave Mustaine (Vocals/Rhythm)
        Marty Friedman (Lead)
        Kirt Hammet (rhythm)
        Cliff Burton (bass)
        Nick Menza (drums)

Now THAT would be awesome
        (althought it would obviously never be able to happen)
        I really love you baby, I love what you've got
        Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
          ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by binnie
          Marty coming back now would add a little bit of extra chemistry, and killer leads - but it's not like he was a major songwriting force is it?

Be cool in the live venue, but I don't think it'd make much difference in the studio....
          he co-wrote Countdown to Extinction,Captive honour,psychotron,ashes in your mouth off the top of my head,so he kinda was...

But anyway it's not important if he was a good song writer,his solo's kick ass,and he has a distinct sound in the band (atleast i think so anyway).Example him and say chris poland's stuff sounds alot different to me

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
            ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Now there is a question.

Poland or Friedman

Comment

• bastardog
              Commando
              • Feb 2004

people who haven't bathed in years.... stupid people who are just there to mosh to LOG and get kicked out of the venue.
              Sounds like a great crowd for a tour....
              Bastardog

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by bastardog
                Sounds like a great crowd for a tour....
                i like that sort of crowd myself.although i seem to get kicked in the head at every gig like that i go to

Comment

• redfire
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Feb 2004

You know, Poland played some of the solos on TSHF, and you're right, Poland and Friedman are two different players. If Poland could handle touring and everything, I'd be fine with him playing. I think he has moved on though. Marty however can just shit leads. And yeah, he was a good songwriter. Even if he didn't contribute lyrically, he and Becker made those Cacaphony albums listenable. But, like I said, Dover has done a good job of playing other people's parts that a lot of us consider classic. But playing a lead that Marty or Chris, or even Jeff or Al created, and making one yourself is another.

What about Al Pitrelli? I honestly would have like to have seen him on tour. I thought he did a damn good job on the Rude Awakening dvd.
                  Eat Us and Smile!

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
                    Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                    Now there is a question.

Poland or Friedman
                    I loved Peace Sells, but Rust in Peace is really killer too....

Friedman.

Comment

• Soul Reaper
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                      Now there is a question.

Poland or Friedman
                      Friedman by far....
                      ROTH ARMY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=RothArmyVideos

"May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face." - Frank Zappa to Tipper Gore

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                        ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by redfire
                        You know, Poland played some of the solos on TSHF, and you're right, Poland and Friedman are two different players. If Poland could handle touring and everything, I'd be fine with him playing. I think he has moved on though. Marty however can just shit leads. And yeah, he was a good songwriter. Even if he didn't contribute lyrically, he and Becker made those Cacaphony albums listenable. But, like I said, Dover has done a good job of playing other people's parts that a lot of us consider classic. But playing a lead that Marty or Chris, or even Jeff or Al created, and making one yourself is another.

What about Al Pitrelli? I honestly would have like to have seen him on tour. I thought he did a damn good job on the Rude Awakening dvd.
                        It would be cool if Poland could handle tours,Like you say,Drover has done an amazing job.WHen i saw megadeth on the Blackmail the universe tour Drover was on fire,not one off note.Considering he was playing songs such as Holy Wars with blistering solo's,He is an awesome guitarist.

I like Al Pitrelli,He has a textbook guitar style.The world needs a hero is not my fav 'deth cd but there are some good tracks with good solo's,Moto Psycho and Promises (pitrelli co worote that i think).And i mean he was up against some good competition for his position in the band like james murphy from testament.it's a shame Mustaine said he "wasn't fitting in"

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                          ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

I loved Peace Sells, but Rust in Peace is really killer too....

Friedman.
                          Originally posted by Soul Reaper
                          Friedman by far....

Friedman's playing is the sound most people prefer in megadeth.I would have to go with him aswell,Although i love Polands style,his solo's are awesome,and the tracks he did on the system has failed are awesome

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
                            Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

I'm a huge Deth fan, but even I admit that Moto Psycho sucks.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

I'm a huge Deth fan, but even I admit that Moto Psycho sucks.
                              The world needs a hero was not the best album by far but it had some decent guitar work on it

Comment

• redfire
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Feb 2004

Yeah, and unfortunately for Pitrelli that album was the only chance he had, excluding Rude Awakening. I still really like Dread and the Fugitive Mind (esp the Rude Awakening version). But for me, it's not just Marty's sound. Technique, yes. But actual sound, no. But, again, I want to hear what Drover does on this album.

Btw, how amazing was Washington's Next, if anyone has heard it live? And I mean besides the shitty youtube version that's out there.
                                Eat Us and Smile!

Comment

Working...