X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jérôme Frenchise
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by nosuchluck
    i don't think they should run the 'Deep Purple' name into the ground anymore - it ain't Deep Purple without Blackmore, Lord, Paice - Paice is the only one of the three thats still there.
    I would add Gillan and Glover here, personally. It's the five of them together or nothing.

also, the music is really boring - 'Bananas' was horrible and what little i heard of 'Rapture of the Deep' didn't really grab my attention. However, i thought 'Abandon' was a really solid album.
    One night I made dinner for a bunch of friends, and one of them, the one who's a fan - but how much can he state he's a fan as he can bear the Steve Morse joke (I insist I dig his solo stuff)? - brought me a burned copy of "Bananas".
    I remember skipping tracks pretty fast (at least for him), saying "We-ell?"...", "what's the point?", "what's this?", "I don't care", etc... Which made him crazy, as he says he is a DP fan, which I keep on repeating he can't be for bearing such a shit from them... To be precise, he interviewed them three times for a Swiss mag, and he particularly had answers from Morse, so... For him, it's an explanation, for me... proof that he got gaga!

"Abandon", I never heard of that one... In French, it means "abandonment", which is probably what they should do, abandon the ship: it hasn't been going anywhere for such a long time...
    Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 08-18-2006, 06:04 PM.
    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
      Jerome, Battle Rages On is pretty much the same kind of stuff you got on PS and HOBL. Good music.
      Cheers Mr V.! Now I have the whole album, minus one track ("Anya").
      I have to listen to it more carefully, but right away it seems the tracks aren't as coherent as they were in "Perfect Strangers"... I mean the first impression I had was that Blackmore had been manufacturing riffs and Gillan had DIYed lyrics on that, and the other three had played along.
      I guess I need to listen to the album a few more times, but for now I haven't got a positive feeling about it.
      Maybe growing old I've grown way harder to please?
      But I'm not giving up on that record.
      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• nosuchluck
        Sniper
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
        I rather liked Bananas and Rapture.

to each his own.

i always felt that Morse had way too many projects happening on the side to really contribute something unique to DP. he's a great guitarist...

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Nov 2004

i always felt that Morse had way too many projects happening on the side to really contribute something unique to DP. he's a great guitarist...
          I've once listened to two of his solo albums, and well, I really enjoyed them. So if there's something wrong with his involvement, then he should stick his fingers out of his butthole (as we say in French) and start REALLY working on Deep Purple's music IMO - maybe he thinks it's easy for him... Fuck, he makes a total mess of the legendary catalogue, and I find what he does on the two studio albums I've listened to very dispensable...-, because the way he plays doesn't serve the band and its grandeur. It's only lessening.

Comment

Working...