Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Well, out of fairness, I'll exclude any opening bands....

I'd have to say Deep Purple...

Outside of "Smoke on the Water", it blew goats....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

KISS in 1985, on the Asylum tour. Tickets and ride to the show were free, so I went. Pretty much knew all the songs on the setlist, so it wasn't a case of just not being familiar with the tunes either.

It was a Sunday night, weather outside was shitty, 10,000 + arena was about half-full at best. Black And Blue opened with an uninspiring set. KISS weren't any better. Gene had the stage presence of a sack of shit, minus the sack; came off like he was bored by the whole thing. Paul Stanley sounded okay, vocally. The guitars sounded like shit. The standout was Eric Carr, who seriously rocked live, and had one of the largest drumsets onstage I've ever seen: pretty much Spinal Tap in its proportions.

The one standout moment of suckitude of that shitty show was when KISS encored with "Won't Get Fooled Again". Stanley and Kulick had worked out the synth parts on their guitars, but since their guitars sounded like shit anyway (just WAY too much high-end EQ), it just made the whole thing sound godawful.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

Originally posted by blonddgirl777
        The Sisters Of Mercy... by far.
        People where booing, cursing them out, throwing stuff at them etc...
        Pretty abusive!
        I can imagine that would have been awful......
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• LoungeMachine
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Led Zep and/or The Stones.

Both in the old King Dome.

Zep was around 76-77, I was 14 i think.

Stones were 79 or 80.

Both terrible shows from both performance and sound standpoints.

[and opening acts shouldnt count, that's like bitching about the trailers they show before the movie]
          Originally posted by Kristy
          Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
          Originally posted by cadaverdog
          I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Diamondjimi
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2004

Originally posted by Eyes
            Whomever opened for VH in 95' ... at the Gorge in George, Washington ...
            95 ?!!!!

You paid $$$ to see Van Hagar ?
            Worst show I've seen (and subsequently walked out of )... Black Label Society - Stronger than Death tour in Toronto. The sound was fuckin mush. Zakbag Nugent , downtuned to B making horsey squeals and spitting up in the air and wearing it was enough to bail . I could'nt dissern one song from other. It all sounded the same .
            The dudes a one trick pony who also thinks his band is a biker gang ...LOL !
            We split after 6 tunes and headed for the nearest tittie bar.........
            Last edited by Diamondjimi; 09-01-2006, 07:40 PM.
            Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by binnie
              I can imagine that would have been awful......
              I'm not a fan but was dragged by the ex Goth SM to see them a few years back(Barrowlands) and actually quite enjoyed it. Wandering about the foyer and bars it was quite like being in a vampire movie...

Wouldn't have been much fun sober though...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
                van hagar

I know...sad admission....

TERRIBLE

MONSTERS OF ROCK...EVH was crocked...Spam was ANNOYING as FUCK...

First time I remember spam trying to sing DAVE songs...half the audience walked out....out of a 80,000 seat arena...THE SILVERDOME........

Ditto unfortunately. Ed was a wobbly fucking mannequin that flubbed quite a bit as I recall in Buffalo's then Rich Stadium, too. And Sam was a bitchy tool. Dokken really was pretty bad also. Don barely moved and seemed annoyed that he had to sing that day.

At least METALLICA KICKED ASS
                They did indeed.

Comment

• blueturk
                  Veteran
                  • Jul 2004

I saw Black Sabbath on the "Mob Rules" tour in Charlotte and they sucked. Terrible sound, and R.J. Dio had zero stage presence....

Comment

• fe_lung
                    Sniper
                    • Mar 2004

The only show I've ever walked out of was Dave Matthews back in '96. Absolutely sucked - the opener (soul coughing) blew 'em off the stage.

Otherwise - I've seen some suck concerts. White Lion/Pink Cream 69 was pretty awful. I managed to see Warrant 3 times by no fault of my own - they sucked each and every time. Accidentally saw Poison who sucked ass. Gave away my tickets to Smashing Pumpkins so I was spared that torture. Queenseryche opened up for Metallica when I saw 'em - they suck ass ('ryche, not Metallica)

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Panamark

You know, Im wondering if there are Sammy mentality dudes
                      out there now, who think Guns & Roses are still Guns & Roses ??
                      What cracks me up are the sheep who think Eddie "is" Van Halen, but who also think Ax-hole "is" Guns n Roses.

How the Hell do you reconcile those two positions?

As for the worst live band I've ever seen - other than Van Hagar - it would have to be Third Eye Blind, who opened for the Stones on their 1997 Bridges to Babylon tour.

I damn near fell asleep in the Kingdome surrounded by 50,000 or so people, that's how boring those fucking idiots were. You would think a band whose one and only hit was about meth addiction could keep a crowd alive. Hell, even Smash mouth was better when they opened for U2 three weeks later, and I swear they were lip syncing.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• BruinJer
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jan 2004

NILE.... They sucked buffalo ass!

Last edited by BruinJer; 09-01-2006, 11:42 PM.
                        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...r/Chickies.jpg

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2004

I saw The Cars back in the day and nearly fell asleep!
                          “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Matt White
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                            Ditto unfortunately. Ed was a wobbly fucking mannequin that flubbed quite a bit as I recall in Buffalo's then Rich Stadium, too. And Sam was a bitchy tool. Dokken really was pretty bad also. Don barely moved and seemed annoyed that he had to sing that day.

They did indeed.
                            And the Scorps...with the choreographed stage moves...OI VEY!!!

Missed Kingdom Clone on purpose....

Always dug Lynch..though DOKKEN were a c-level band.......

Yup...the MetalliKats made the day worthwhile....

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

Pearl Jam and Bruce Springsteen...like a root canal without drugs!
                              http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                              http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• Coyote
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
                                You know, Im wondering if there are Sammy mentality dudes
                                out there now, who think Guns & Roses are still Guns & Roses ??
                                Ask my friend (ex-bandmate). He's one of the few people still waiting for "Chinese Democracy". He also would've gone all the way to Poland to see G'n'R, if there wouldn't have been a date in Helsinki this summer.
                                Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                                It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

Working...