• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Re: KISS Plans Another Tour, But No Album

Originally posted by rustoffa
    Rockers KISS are planning to wear their famous make-up again for one last tour, according to frontman Paul Stanley.

Promoting his new solo album 'Live to Win,' Stanley let slip about tentative plans to regroup Kiss for a series of orchestral shows.

He says, "I'm always sure there will be a tour at some point. It's not out of the realm of possibility. Anything's possible, but we're far away from conforming (sic) or committing to something."

But Stanley insists one thing that won't be happening is a new album: "The fact is, fans may tolerate the new songs, but it's the old ones you want to hear.

"I think Jimmy Page and Robert Plant found that out. The (Rolling) Stones certainly know it. The Who certainly know it. So, unless you're willing to go into the studio accepting that how your album will be received will never match your expectations, I'm not sure it's worth the effort."

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2006

Ugh.

I'm more excited about the new KISS dvd coming out than I'm ever gonna be about the band actually doing anything, regardless of Ace and Pete's participation.

Love the band - always will - but it's over for me.

KISS is firmly ensconced in the same echelon as Van Halen is for me now: a joke with no punchline.

Sad, innit?
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
      Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Hey...I love KISS still to this day. If they come to my neck of the woods, I might even go, but I'm not fooling myself into thinking, "This is my last chance" like I did last time. I've seen them several times, and it's always a great show. But the luster is off when you figure there's no Ace and no Peter (even though Peter has LOST it as a drummer based on the last two shows I saw with him behind the kit.)

It's not an EVENT anymore. A KISS concert used to be special and you tailgated and drank beers and then went to see the greatest show on earth. But another symphony deal with only Gene and Paul??? Jesus...I just can't see it enticing me to shell out a lot of money for tickets.
      Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Panamark
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Gene Simmons actually did a tour here in Oz
        where he just spoke on stage.

Some dumbshits even attended....
        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
          Hey...I love KISS still to this day. If they come to my neck of the woods, I might even go, but I'm not fooling myself into thinking, "This is my last chance" like I did last time. I've seen them several times, and it's always a great show. But the luster is off when you figure there's no Ace and no Peter (even though Peter has LOST it as a drummer based on the last two shows I saw with him behind the kit.)

It's not an EVENT anymore. A KISS concert used to be special and you tailgated and drank beers and then went to see the greatest show on earth. But another symphony deal with only Gene and Paul??? Jesus...I just can't see it enticing me to shell out a lot of money for tickets.
          Peter never had much...

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance

Pretty much the size of it.

What was huge and made sense in 1996 has been run into the ground. Would have to imagine anyone who wanted to see KISS in the makeup doing all the 70s songs (really the only songs that mattered, when you get right down to it) has had ample chance to in the last ten years.

KISS plain just isn't special anymore. Even by the time Frehley and Criss jumped ship for the second time around the turn of the millenium, the whole thing was already getting a bit tiresome, IMO.

But it has been said, and rightly so, that nobody's putting a gun to our heads to see them; "if you don't like it, don't go" sort of thing.

Suits me fine. I won't. Even if it is the last time ("and this time we mean it!") and Ace and Peter ARE there.

KISS these days is just totally yawn-inducing.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...