X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MERRYKISSMASS2U
    Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
    Say what you will, but Axl can wail better than ever. He does sound awesome.
    That's the spirit! I can't wait.

Comment

• Matt White
      • Jun 2004

AXL is not GUNS'N'ROSES by himself.......no more than EVH is VAN HALEN without DAVID LEE ROTH...............................

I can see the attraction for the kiddies...they missed G'N'R....they were more interested in BARNIE:p at the time................

The rest of us are bored to tears with AXL & his antics..............

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
        Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
        AXL is not GUNS'N'ROSES by himself.......no more than EVH is VAN HALEN without DAVID LEE ROTH...............................

I can see the attraction for the kiddies...they missed G'N'R....they were more interested in BARNIE:p at the time................

The rest of us are bored to tears with AXL & his antics..............

True, but isn't David Lee Roth Van Halen by himself?

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
          Veteran
          • May 2004

So what if Axl isn't Guns by himslef ?

The fact is there isn't a real GNR anymore, any more than there is a real VH. But here you are on a DLR board......................

And judging by the sellout crowd and rave reviews from fans and critics alike, you're in the minority of those bored by Axl.

Axl is second only to DLR in their primes......and right now Axl Rose DESTROYS Dave as a front man.

Dave hasn't been Dave since 1991....and he'll never be back to himself again.

Dave is a shadow of a shadow of his former self......That is an ugly fact.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
            Without Slash, Duff and Izzy who cares...

Exactly.

Hell, not even Giblets Clunk for that matter.....

And any comparisons between CVH/DLR and GNR/AR is silly.....

Apples and Oranges....

Or Apples, and some old moldy Oranges in the back of the fridge you forgot about last spring.....
            Originally posted by Kristy
            Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
            Originally posted by cadaverdog
            I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Matt White
              • Jun 2004

So what if Axl isn't Guns by himslef ?

The fact is there isn't a real GNR anymore, any more than there is a real VH. But here you are on a DLR board......................

And judging by the sellout crowd and rave reviews from fans and critics alike, you're in the minority of those bored by Axl.

Axl is second only to DLR in their primes......and right now Axl Rose DESTROYS Dave as a front man.

Dave hasn't been Dave since 1991....and he'll never be back to himself again.

Dave is a shadow of a shadow of his former self......That is an ugly fact.
              OKay...I'll play along....let's see

1.)" The fact is there isn't a real GNR anymore"
              Nope....ruined by Bill Bailey himself....

2.)"And judging by the sellout crowd and rave reviews from fans and critics alike"...
              Uhhhhh..."sellout crowds"?!? The guy cancels more tours than most bands GO on during a career....he hasn't "toured" in 15 years....so how could he get "rave reviews" for a tour he never went on?!?

3.)"right now Axl Rose DESTROYS Dave as a front man"...
              Really....so you've seen both AXL & DAVE on their latest outings? DAVE's sounding better than he did in 1991....so AXL better be DAMN GOOD right here and now.....

4.)"Dave hasn't been Dave since 1991....and he'll never be back to himself again.

Dave is a shadow of a shadow of his former self......That is an ugly fact."....
              And AXL? is he the "AXL ROSE" of 1991?!?
              lets see.....

Yeah....AXL is a bloated caricature of the G'N'R frontman......and "he'll never be back to himself again" holds true for MR. ROSE too....

5.) My Fav..."The fact is there isn't a real GNR anymore, any more than there is a real VH. But here you are on a DLR board"....

Half right on this one...THERE IS NO GUNS 'N' ROSES....but never forget...

DAVID LEE ROTH IS VAN HALEN.........

So...shouldn't you be on an AXL ROSE SIGHTING board?:confused:

Comment

• diamondD
                Veteran
                • Jan 2004

I'll probably pick it up based on what I hear beforehand, but I"d rather go see Velvet Revolver tear it up live.
                Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

• m_dixon1984
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Aug 2004

I've said it on this site before but anything Axl Rose releases I will steal.

He's fucked me around too many times so I will steal his new album and I'll give out copies to as many of my friends as possible.

He fucked me in Montreal. My car got fucked in the riots. I'm pissed to this day.

Fuck Axl Rose! Fuck him in his stupid ass!

M
                  http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...rip10_full.jpg

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                    Veteran
                    • May 2004

So some idiots in Montreal ruined your car and it's Axl Rose's fault ?

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                      Veteran
                      • May 2004

OKay...I'll play along....let's see

1.)" The fact is there isn't a real GNR anymore"
                      Nope....ruined by Bill Bailey himself....

2.)"And judging by the sellout crowd and rave reviews from fans and critics alike"...
                      Uhhhhh..."sellout crowds"?!? The guy cancels more tours than most bands GO on during a career....he hasn't "toured" in 15 years....so how could he get "rave reviews" for a tour he never went on?!?

3.)"right now Axl Rose DESTROYS Dave as a front man"...
                      Really....so you've seen both AXL & DAVE on their latest outings? DAVE's sounding better than he did in 1991....so AXL better be DAMN GOOD right here and now.....

4.)"Dave hasn't been Dave since 1991....and he'll never be back to himself again.

Dave is a shadow of a shadow of his former self......That is an ugly fact."....
                      And AXL? is he the "AXL ROSE" of 1991?!?
                      lets see.....

Yeah....AXL is a bloated caricature of the G'N'R frontman......and "he'll never be back to himself again" holds true for MR. ROSE too....

5.) My Fav..."The fact is there isn't a real GNR anymore, any more than there is a real VH. But here you are on a DLR board"....

Half right on this one...THERE IS NO GUNS 'N' ROSES....but never forget...

DAVID LEE ROTH IS VAN HALEN.........

So...shouldn't you be on an AXL ROSE SIGHTING board?:confused:
                      1. GNR (or whatever we should call it) is on tour right now.

2. I haven't seen Dave this year. I've heard boots of this tour and 1991....and Dave doesn't even sound close to how he sounded in 1991. Dave simply cannot sing anymore.

Comment

• m_dixon1984
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Aug 2004

So some idiots in Montreal ruined your car and it's Axl Rose's fault ?
                        YUP!!!!!
                        http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...rip10_full.jpg

Comment

• Matt White
                          • Jun 2004

1. GNR (or whatever we should call it) is on tour right now.

2. I haven't seen Dave this year. I've heard boots of this tour and 1991....and Dave doesn't even sound close to how he sounded in 1991. Dave simply cannot sing anymore.
                          Again....

1.) Without SLASH, DUFF, IZZY, and ADLER...THERE IS NO G'N'R......
                          It ain't like COKE'A'COLA...a FUCKING BRAND NAME.....
                          It's AXL & some HIRED hacks playing somebody else's music.......AND PLAYING IT POORLY...I'VE HEARD THE BOOTS

2.)Right...you haven't SEEN DAVE.....and have to rely on "boots"...yeah...GRATE sound quality too......

I've seen DAVID LEE ROTH the last 2 summers...AS WELL AS IN 1991.....

DAVE IS KICKING ASS

You'd have had to have BEEN a VAN HALEN fan to appreciate that DAVID LEE ROTH IS VAN HALEN...and been tortured by van hagar......
                          keep feeding the lie AXL is force-feeding his SHEEP......you'll NEVER see GUNS'N'ROSES that way...........

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                            Veteran
                            • May 2004

As opposed to Dave hiring hacks and playing 20 year old songs................at least Axl has new songs to include.

And you've heard boots of the current GNR and claiming the band sucks.....but criticize those who hear boots of Dave ? Ah right....only the Dave boots have poor sound. It's not that Dave can't sing anymore.

Well, the people at the GNR shows said it sounds amazing. Pretty much anyone can replicate a guitar sound...you don't need to be Slash to sound like Slash.

I'm reading a lot of hypocrisy here.

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                              Veteran
                              • May 2004

Again....

1.) Without SLASH, DUFF, IZZY, and ADLER...THERE IS NO G'N'R......
                              It ain't like COKE'A'COLA...a FUCKING BRAND NAME.....
                              It's AXL & some HIRED hacks playing somebody else's music.......AND PLAYING IT POORLY...I'VE HEARD THE BOOTS

2.)Right...you haven't SEEN DAVE.....and have to rely on "boots"...yeah...GRATE sound quality too......

I've seen DAVID LEE ROTH the last 2 summers...AS WELL AS IN 1991.....

DAVE IS KICKING ASS

You'd have had to have BEEN a VAN HALEN fan to appreciate that DAVID LEE ROTH IS VAN HALEN...and been tortured by van hagar......
                              keep feeding the lie AXL is force-feeding his SHEEP......you'll NEVER see GUNS'N'ROSES that way...........
                              I'm a dedicated Van Halen fan...which is exactly why I'm so disappointed in Dave going throguh the motions and singing like shit the way he has for the last 15 years.

He should at least put some effort into it....Dave is going through the motions, and barely at that.

Comment

• Matt White
                                • Jun 2004

You're talking out your ASS now....

DAVE is singing better than he has in ages....

Comment

Working...