X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

Originally posted by Don Corleone

Now one question - what's these DiAnno for Anthrax rumours I'm hearing???
    Where did you hear those rumours? That sounds like a terrible idea, IMO.

Last I heard, Corey from Slipknot was about to take over vocal duties in Anthrax, which also sounds like a terrible idea. Anthrax needs a permanent singer, a band member, not a hired hand.

Since Belladona fucked off, they begged John Bush to come back and he's having none of it. God only knows what's going on in that band...
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
      Binnie stop kissing all the chicks asses!
      But it's one of my favourite past times.....

Comment

• Don Corleone
        Veteran
        • May 2004

Originally posted by binnie
        Where did you hear those rumours? That sounds like a terrible idea, IMO.
        I've heard it from a few people - apparently the stumbling block here is that Paul for whatever reasons cannot enter the U.S. at present.
        Roth Army Militia

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

Originally posted by Don Corleone
          I've heard it from a few people - apparently the stumbling block here is that Paul for whatever reasons cannot enter the U.S. at present.
          Ha Ha!!

Very Spinal Tap. Whatever happens, I'm pretty sure that Anthrax are going to become something of a musical joke now. One of my favourite bands, but a third singer is usually a bad sign.....

Cheers for the info about Dianno though, I hadn't heard that

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Oct 2004

Di'Anno in Anthrax?

What a TERRIBLE idea.

I'm pretty sure they could find somebody good enough if they looked.
            Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• bueno bob
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

Paul's said several times now that he's not joining Anthrax, specifically that they're a "great band" but that he's the "wrong guy for them". I'm inclined to agree with him; the whole rumor was nothing more than a fan's idea and everybody just kinda picked it up and started rolling with it until it took on a life of it's own.

Besides, if Paul joined Anthrax, he wouldn't be able to beat his two albums with Iron Maiden into the dirt and show up on every Iron Maiden tribute album that comes down the pipe covering Wrathchild, Sanctuary, Phantom of the Opera, Prowler, or whatever else...

Seriously, Paul really needs to give his tenure with Maiden a rest; looking over his discography, you can find multiple albums where he remakes one or two of his Maiden standards, he's present on numerous Maiden tribute albums, he's even got entire albums where he's done nothing but remake Maiden songs. I'd much rather see him ink some sort of deal where his solo material between 1984 and now came back into print, or at least became readily available - at the very least the Dianno, Battlezone and Killers material, and let the rest of the "Paul Dianno: The First Iron Man Vol. 2!" bullshit albums go into obscurity.

Although a lot of his stuff away from Maiden has been total crap (e.g. Gogmagog), it's not ALL been bad...
              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• SparkieD
                Veteran
                • Sep 2006

I see my dearest Blaze got a vote

BTW, it wasn't me.
                Last edited by SparkieD; 07-30-2007, 12:34 AM.
                Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
                Originally posted by rustoffa
                Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• SparkieD
                  Veteran
                  • Sep 2006

Di'anno's never been considered for Anthrax. It was a stupid petition started up by some fans several months back.
                  Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
                  Originally posted by rustoffa
                  Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• cMb
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Feb 2007

Here's the Di'anno album in 192 lossy.

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
                      Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by cMb
                      Here's the Di'anno album in 192 lossy.

http://rapidshare.com/files/45861149/Di_Anno.rar
                      Do you have any experience with Bittorrent?

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                        Paul's said several times now that he's not joining Anthrax, specifically that they're a "great band" but that he's the "wrong guy for them". I'm inclined to agree with him; the whole rumor was nothing more than a fan's idea and everybody just kinda picked it up and started rolling with it until it took on a life of it's own.

Besides, if Paul joined Anthrax, he wouldn't be able to beat his two albums with Iron Maiden into the dirt and show up on every Iron Maiden tribute album that comes down the pipe covering Wrathchild, Sanctuary, Phantom of the Opera, Prowler, or whatever else...

Seriously, Paul really needs to give his tenure with Maiden a rest; looking over his discography, you can find multiple albums where he remakes one or two of his Maiden standards, he's present on numerous Maiden tribute albums, he's even got entire albums where he's done nothing but remake Maiden songs. I'd much rather see him ink some sort of deal where his solo material between 1984 and now came back into print, or at least became readily available - at the very least the Dianno, Battlezone and Killers material, and let the rest of the "Paul Dianno: The First Iron Man Vol. 2!" bullshit albums go into obscurity.

Although a lot of his stuff away from Maiden has been total crap (e.g. Gogmagog), it's not ALL been bad...

Even the artwork on his albums/DVDs look like Madien artwork.
                        Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                          Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                          Anybody got a copy of the 1984 "Dianno" album? Best I can determine is that it only got released on vinyl and vanished pretty soon thereafter, but I'd certainly like to get a copy of it...somebody's gotta have it on their PC, right?

Right???

I have a Paul Dianno's Battlezone album on cassette. pretty average metal fare.
                          Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Hellraiser!!
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
                            I have a Paul Dianno's Battlezone album on cassette. pretty average metal fare.

But "Children of Madness" is a fucking great song....
                            www.diamonddavidleeroth.com

Comment

• Don Corleone
                              Veteran
                              • May 2004

Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
                              Di'Anno in Anthrax?

What a TERRIBLE idea.

I'm pretty sure they could find somebody good enough if they looked.
                              Whitfield Crane (for the uneducated amongst us - ex Ugly Kid Joe) seemingly.
                              Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Andy Taylor
                                Banned
                                • Jan 2009

Di'anno was the best and comes from Maiden's best era.

Comment

Working...