Holy Krap! It's Official!!!! Dio, Iommi, Butler & Ward To Tour As H & H!!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rothdaddy
    Groupie
    • Sep 2004

I wonder what venues these guys will be able to fill up. I can't see them filling up an arena with 20,000 people.

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

That is ok, as I can easily see them filling up an arenad with 10-15,000 people.

Comment

• Revan
        Head Fluffer
        • Sep 2006

The latest -

Apparently Bill Ward is OUT and Vinny Appice is IN.

Which is probably more appropriate, anyway - considering all that Bill Ward did is the Heaven and Hell album (which he says he doesn't even remember recording) and a handful of dates on the tour before Vinny replaced him in 1980. Vinny stayed until Ronnie left in '82 after the Live Evil debacle and came back with Ronnie in '91 to do the Dehumanizer tour.

Thing is, Vinny played like shit on that tour, and Ronnie got pissed at Vinny for bolting from Dio in '99 to fill in for Bill Ward on the Sabbath Ozzfest tour that year. Ronnie had to replace Vinny with Simon Wright in the middle of the studio work and Ronnie apparently hasn't talked to Vinny since then.

Should be interesting to see if Ronnie and Vinny can get on with each other; might be another Black Sabbath lineup disaster.

I certainly hope not, I'm really looking forward to this.
        http://photos.meetup.com/photos/memb...er_220996.jpeg

Originally posted by Steve Savicki
        Gentlemen,

If a thread called "the sheep pen" has the longest post count to date, I say that's work of a true genius!
        Originally posted by thome
        I used to run headlong into a oak tree down at the local park .Really slam my skull into it, you know with FEELING.The local kids used to stand around and watch and smoke doobies good time was had by all. Anyway the city cut the tree down so my bitch is.....What was the question?

Comment

• RobTheCradle
          Full On Cocktard
          • Nov 2006

Chances of hitting Britain?

Comment

• Mr Badguy
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Revan
            Thing is, Vinny played like shit on that tour, and Ronnie got pissed at Vinny for bolting from Dio in '99 to fill in for Bill Ward on the Sabbath Ozzfest tour that year. Ronnie had to replace Vinny with Simon Wright in the middle of the studio work and Ronnie apparently hasn't talked to Vinny since then.
            With all respect, how hard could it be to find a replacement for Vinny?

He`s a workmanlike drummer, nothing special.

Come to think of it, Simon Wright could be his pefect replacement.

He`s good but not great as well.
            sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Revan
              Head Fluffer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Mr Badguy
              With all respect, how hard could it be to find a replacement for Vinny?

He`s a workmanlike drummer, nothing special.

Come to think of it, Simon Wright could be his pefect replacement.

He`s good but not great as well.
              Oh, don't mistake me - I'm not saying it'd be difficult to replace Vinny or anything, but I do think it's most fitting to have him there, considering he was the drummer for 99% of the time that RJD was with Sabbath - and this tour is supposed to emphase the RJD/Sabbath era, so I just think it's more appropriate to have Vinny there for it, even over Bill W.

Simon, of course, would work as well as anybody else would. Mike Bordin subbed for Bill W. back in '97 and '98, so maybe even he'd fill in again. Hell, I could do it. Anybody would work, but...do you want to see Mike Bordin or myself playing H&H, Mob, and Dehumanizer stuff behind the kit or would it be a bit cooler if it was Vinny?

My point, basically.

Gentlemen,

If a thread called "the sheep pen" has the longest post count to date, I say that's work of a true genius!
              I used to run headlong into a oak tree down at the local park .Really slam my skull into it, you know with FEELING.The local kids used to stand around and watch and smoke doobies good time was had by all. Anyway the city cut the tree down so my bitch is.....What was the question?

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

I thought this was going to happen.

Bill is too loyal towards Ozzy for him to rejoin Dio (even if they're not calling themselves Black Sabbath).

I agree -- Vinny is more appropriate for this reformed lineup since he was there a little longer (not by much though).

Yeah, Ward was so fucked up on booze that he doesn't remember recording Heaven and Hell, and had to be replaced early on in the tour because he just couldn't do it (part of the whole thing had to do with him not dealing with the fact that ozzy was gone).
                =V V=
                ole No.1 The finest
                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Revan
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Sep 2006

Latest news from Tony's rep says this is a single disc collection spanning the H & H, Mob Rules and Dehumanizer albums, with two new songs (of three recorded) - Tony Iommi owns the name Black Sabbath, and Sharon has nothing to do with why it's being billed as "Heaven and Hell" - basically, Ronnie, Tony and Geezer got together on it, thought that since Ozzy fronted Sabbath had been inducted into the hall of fame, it would be confusing and maybe even less than accurate to go out as 'Black Sabbath', so they decided to call it 'Heaven and Hell'.

He won't comment on the drummer (Bill or Vinny) thing, but most news sources say Vinny's in and Bill's out.

He also says Tony and Geezer are "very excited" to be playing with Ronnie again because Ozzy's a "limited" vocalist and Tony and Geezer want to be playing 2 hour sets. Also confirms that the band will be out on tour for a year.

Gentlemen,

Comment

• Revan
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Sep 2006

Bill Ward made it official - he's out, Vinny's in, and he wishes them the best upcoming year.

Here they are with Eddie Trunk last week:

Gentlemen,

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                      That is ok, as I can easily see them filling up an arenad with 10-15,000 people.
                      Over here, 3000 tops.

Not having the name Black Sabbath won't help matters.

Still hope they play here though...
                      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• bueno bob
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

They'll do well stateside, I think. Probably going to be a club tour, I'd imagine...I doubt they'll do the drawing power of Ozzy/Sabbath, which is kinda sad if you ask me...but they'll do a SOLD OUT club tour, which is good business anyway.

The name Black Sabbath on the project would help a lot, true.
                        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

i'd actually rather see bands like that in a big club than an enormadome, there's more ambience - it's like listening to old records on vinyll over CD.....
                          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• bueno bob
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

I can get closer to the stage.

It's scary being that close to Tony Iommi. His Godhood has a tendancy to overshadow everything...
                            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

You throw Geezer Butler and Ronnie James Dio into the mix? I'll be lucky to come out of my coma in a week and let you all know how the concert went...
                              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2005

I seriously agree!!!

I would like to see them do arenas if they can draw the crowds necessary, simply because I want to see this tour be a raging success.

However, I would dig the shit out of a smaller venue tour. I love shows where I am so close to Metal Gods that I can almost reach out and touch them.

Either way...this is gonna RULE!

If they do not come to Gnashville, I will go where ever they are playing nearby. Road Trip for sure!!!

Comment

Working...