X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLR_EngineRoom
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
    Reportedly, RATT will put their differences aside and reform with all surviving original members, Stephen Pearcy, Juan Croucier, Warren DeMartini, and Bobby Blotzer. Of course, Robin Crosby is dead...

I'd love to see them back on the road. Love that band.
    Sure hope this is true.

The Fearsome Foursome of true Metal bands that shaped 80's metal were: Ratt, Motley Crue, Twisted Sister & Quiet Riot.

Led of course by the classics: KISS, AC/DC, Aerosmith & (Classic) Van Halen.

If you were a budding rocker in the early eighties, you HAD to be into the Fearsome Foursome of Metal.

I saw Ratt when they opened for Ozzy on the Bark@themoon.com tour.

They were incredible back then. But they weren't as amazing last year with Jizzy Pearl.
    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• ppg960
      Sniper
      • Dec 2005

Really hope they swing through Western Canada for once.
      It's funny how all these 80's bands are coming around again. After 20 years, they are back in style.

Comment

• BALLYJUNKIE
        Head Fluffer
        • Nov 2004

TWISTED SISTER .QUIET RIOT AND EVEN MOTLEY CRUE ,WERE NOT THAT GREAT ....... MTV MADE THEM BIGGER THAN THEY REALLY SHOULD HASVE BEEN ......A BAND LIKE DOKKEN .A TRUE ROCK BAND WITH STELLER MUSICIANS BLOWS THEM AWAY .

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
          Veteran
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BALLYJUNKIE
          TWISTED SISTER .QUIET RIOT AND EVEN MOTLEY CRUE ,WERE NOT THAT GREAT ....... MTV MADE THEM BIGGER THAN THEY REALLY SHOULD HASVE BEEN ......A BAND LIKE DOKKEN .A TRUE ROCK BAND WITH STELLER MUSICIANS BLOWS THEM AWAY .
          loved Dokken too, but I'm not stating my opinion....the fearsome foursome carved the way for new metal....and if you were true fans of those bands, you'd know they were all great bands behind the mtv hits. those guitar cuts weren't the least bit glam, and again, not talkin' about the mtv hits....
          http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
          http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
          http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• ppg960
            Sniper
            • Dec 2005

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
            The good old days when MTV rocked and we could get it in Canada.
            Now, it's just plain shit.

Comment

• WACF
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ppg960

Here's hoping!

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by BALLYJUNKIE
                Dokken was a good band, dysfunctional, but good. George Lynch was a fuckin' badass MUTHA on the guitar! LOVE GEORGE!!!!!!
                Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
                  loved Dokken too, but I'm not stating my opinion....the fearsome foursome carved the way for new metal....and if you were true fans of those bands, you'd know they were all great bands behind the mtv hits. those guitar cuts weren't the least bit glam, and again, not talkin' about the mtv hits....
                  Meh.

Those bands were okay, but even stacked up alongside such bands of the day as Dio, Dokken, JP and Iron Maiden, the fearsome foursome were a little weak.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• RuzDNailz
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Nov 2004

What surprised me about RATT was the fact that they never really had any power ballads in their songlist. I could be wrong, but that was a major trend that ALL hair bands were doing. Round And Round is a great song and I love the guitar solos in the middle. My other favourites include 'Back For More' and 'Loving You Is A Dirty Job'.

Besides, I posted a thread regarding RATT's influence by CVH a while ago. Also explains the title of their best of album, 8191.

Comment

• RuzDNailz
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by ppg960
                      It's funny how all these 80's bands are coming around again. After 20 years, they are back in style.
                      In the summer of 2005, we had a concert here in Toronto featuring the rebuilt RATT, Cinderella, Quiet Riot, and Firehouse. I was across the lake at the Iron Maiden concert instead! But seriously, keep your ears and eyes open for the concert announcements.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                        Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by RuzDNailz
                        In the summer of 2005, we had a concert here in Toronto featuring the rebuilt RATT, Cinderella, Quiet Riot, and Firehouse. I was across the lake at the Iron Maiden concert instead! But seriously, keep your ears and eyes open for the concert announcements.
                        I had a ticket for that show but when Maiden was announced playing the same date, I had to swallow the $30 and go see Maiden! "Tonight, we're only playing songs from the first four albums!!!"
                        Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• RuzDNailz
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Nov 2004

And what a show it was at the Molson Amphitheatre!

Comment

Working...