X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

Originally posted by bueno bob
    There's no point to playing Paranoid, Iron Man, and War Pigs for the 1000000000th time. The fans have had the same set list shoved down their throats for years now because Ozzy won't do anything else and it's a set list that covers about the first three albums and that's it.

Tony and Geezer were VISIBLY fucking bored to tears with it and said so publically over and over. Geezer went to Ozzy himself begging to change the setlist up, but Ozzy, of course, can't do anything outside of the seven Sabbath songs he remembers.

Frankly, a Dio fronted Sabbath is good enough NOT to have to rely on Ozzy shit to get them through the night, and critics be damned, they seem to be doing that just fine according to the ticket sales.

Fuck the critics.
    Exactly!

Apparently they couldn't do a lot of stuff from Sabbotage and Sabbath Bloody sabbath because Ozzy can't hit those notes anymore....
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by binnie
      No, I can't see it selling out very quickly either.

In fact, I'll be surprised if it comes close to selling out (not saying it won't do well, mind).

If they take out some decent support acts it will be a fantastic night though!

They've got Lamb of God and Iced Earth.

Which is OK, I suppose. Could be better though, considering America got Megadeth.
      Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Oct 2004

There's no point to playing Paranoid, Iron Man, and War Pigs for the 1000000000th time. The fans have had the same set list shoved down their throats for years now because Ozzy won't do anything else and it's a set list that covers about the first three albums and that's it.

Tony and Geezer were VISIBLY fucking bored to tears with it and said so publically over and over. Geezer went to Ozzy himself begging to change the setlist up, but Ozzy, of course, can't do anything outside of the seven Sabbath songs he remembers.

Frankly, a Dio fronted Sabbath is good enough NOT to have to rely on Ozzy shit to get them through the night, and critics be damned, they seem to be doing that just fine according to the ticket sales.

Fuck the critics.
        Exactly, exactly.

"Heaven and Hell" and "Mob Rules" are my 2 favourite Sabbath albums anyways.
        Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Oct 2004

Not yet no.

I have persuaded Mrs binnie to see the Scorps (yay!!) and am now on to stage 2 of my plan: persuade her to see Sabbath!!!!!!

She has already agreed to Alice Cooper and Motorhead!!!!

The problem now is cash: Scorps tickets are about �40 with all the booking fee and other bollocks included, so that's �80, and Ive just forked out for Metallica so I am skint!

Heaven and Hell will be next on the spending list, then Alice/Motorhead.

Student life doesn't sit well with all these great tours!
          So, you got the Scorps tickets then? (see ya there, I'll by ya a drink).

I don't think I'll get to Metallica after all. I'd like to, but this is a GRATE GRATE GRATE year for gigs (its been getting better each year), so I worked oot a scheme; if it's not in Manchester or Liverpool or if I've never been to the venue before, I ain't gonna go. Plus, if people aren't gonna bother travel to me, why should I travel to them? They could at least meet us halfway.

And I don't like traffic jams (it'll be hell by Wembley)

But Alice and Motorhead I'll most definatley be attending. Since I started regulary going to gigs, I haven't gone a year without seeing Motorhead and I don't intend to stop now.
          Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• cMb
            Head Fluffer
            • Feb 2007

Black Sabbath Live At Hammersmith is ready for pre-order.

They are only making 5k of these bad boys, so get em while the gettin is good!

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby

. Since I started regulary going to gigs, I haven't gone a year without seeing Motorhead and I don't intend to stop now.
              That's quite an achievment!

I will be buying Scorps tickets this week, are they still bringing Schenker as support?

Comment

• bueno bob
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

Exactly!

Apparently they couldn't do a lot of stuff from Sabbotage and Sabbath Bloody sabbath because Ozzy can't hit those notes anymore....
                LMAO...did you listen to "Past Lives"? Shit, he could barely hit them live in his prime...
                Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Of course, being fucked up all the time helps a lot in those regards, I guess...I don't know, I talk a lot of shit about Ozzy, but it's TODAY'S Ozzy...

Classic Ozzy's the shit and always will be...
                  Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

Amen to that Bob, amen.

I'm still excited about seeing Ozzy solo in June, but these days I'd much rather see Dio-era Sabbs live, the "reunion" with Ozzy been done to death: ironically, I think they were on the verge of loosing the iconic status that they (quite rightly) have just by sheer overkill.

Comment

• bueno bob
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

Amen to that Bob, amen.

I'm still excited about seeing Ozzy solo in June, but these days I'd much rather see Dio-era Sabbs live, the "reunion" with Ozzy been done to death: ironically, I think they were on the verge of loosing the iconic status that they (quite rightly) have just by sheer overkill.
                      Yup...it was bordering on Kiss'dom...
                      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

Exactly.

If they'd kept going, they might have limited their legacy to the same 15 songs they were playing every year.

I mean, they had six records to pick from for Christsakes...

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Oct 2004

That's quite an achievment!

I will be buying Scorps tickets this week, are they still bringing Schenker as support?
                          At time of writing...yes.

But, the actual chances of him showing up are still pending. I remember when I bought tickets to see him with Yngwie Malmsteen, and he pulled oot cos he was a support act and not a co-headliner. I was only really going for him (although, Malmsteen was still good. And not as fat as DVDs and photographs would have you believe).

But, with it being his brother's tour, he'll probably show up. I can imagine Rudolph to be a nice guy, but once you piss him off, he can kick your ass from here to Deutchland.
                          Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Oct 2004

All they're missing is the knock-off, but unreasonably expensive, products and hiring other people to play on their albums.
                            Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• bueno bob
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
                              All they're missing is the knock-off, but unreasonably expensive, products and hiring other people to play on their albums.
                              I would buy a Black Sabbath Koffin in a heartbeat, though - that's the difference right there...

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

I would buy a Black Sabbath Koffin in a heartbeat, though - that's the difference right there...

I'd probably buy that too: with the Sabbath Bloody Sabbath cover!

Comment

Working...