Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jharp84
    Veteran
    • Mar 2004

I woulda traded to ya fuck if you ever responded to my pm!!

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

I didn't know I had one...

Sorry dude, but i've never been into trading anyway...

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

Originally posted by ELVIS
          I just ordered the LIVE AT HAMMERSMITH CD !!!

Congrats!

Let us know what it's like when you get it!
          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

Tried to get "Black sabbath: the Dio years" yesterday and my local record store weren't stocking it!

Bastards.

What really pissed me off is that it was the store I worked at for 7 years, and the metal section just isn't the same since I left.

I know Dio doesn't have that much of a career here anymore (compared to the States and mainland Europe) but I expected the biggest record chain in the country to stock it in every store...

Ordered it from amazon about ten minutes ago.

Comment

• bueno bob
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

I ended up picking it up from a Mom & Pop store...the local retailers here didn't have it either...

As in Binnie's case, though, most of the major music retailers around here don't carry shit in regards to metal...
              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

I think the problem might be that (over here at least) it's not being released on a major label, so maybe they aren't pushing it enough (they haven't done an awful lot of press here, 1 feature in Classic Rock and Metal Hammer and a tiny review in Kerrang.)

Having said, Sony is the supplier which should negate the record label problem anyway.

Comment

• bueno bob
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Well, the tour's doing great business...and they're killing nightly...

Guess that's all that matters, really...
                  Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                    I think the problem might be that (over here at least) it's not being released on a major label, so maybe they aren't pushing it enough (they haven't done an awful lot of press here, 1 feature in Classic Rock and Metal Hammer and a tiny review in Kerrang.)

Having said, Sony is the supplier which should negate the record label problem anyway.
                    Classic Rock will probably give them a bigger feature closer to the tour.
                    Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

I don't doubt that, but there should have been more press for the album, especailly since it has the new tunes on it.

That way it would be more widely stocked....

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

BTW, I picked up The Dio Years at Walmart for $9.72...

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                          Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

I ordered mine online from CDplus.com (Canadian company). Good price and it took only a day to get to me. I have it on now!
                          Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• cMb
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Feb 2007

The remastering of the 'Heaven & Hell' trax on the 'Dio Years' is phenomenal. The Bass drum kicks sound tight as hell & Geezer's bass has been moved up in the mix. All the remastered tunes sound hella better, but the H&H trax really took to the remastering nicely.

I would rather have had 'The Sign Of The Southern Cross' instead of any of the new songs. The new trax are nice, but '...Cross' is a classic.

All in all, this collection is long overdue & hopefully we can get the complete albums, especially 'Live Evil', remastered & released properly.
                            Last edited by cMb; 04-12-2007, 12:02 AM.

Comment

• cMb
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                              I say he (Johnson) is is a good fit for the band (AC/DC). Never had a problem with him.
                              IMHO, Johnson AC/DC is on par with Scott era. Much like Sabbath when Dio came aboard, AC/DC was really a different band with Johnson. Bon couldn't do songs like 'C.O.D.', 'Inject The Venom' or 'Evil Walks', three of my favorite AC/DC tunes.

Seems like Dio / Johnson get short-changed because of the now legendary status the original singers have.
                              But, at the time 'Back In Black' came out, nobody I knew was saying that 'Johnson isn't as good', because we were blown away by the masterpiece album they just put out. Same goes for Dio and H&H, which was actually quite a step forward from the previous Sabbath albums.

I've heard that Johnson's voice is shot & he can't do it live anymore, although I haven't seen/heard any proof of that.

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

Originally posted by ELVIS
                                BTW, I picked up The Dio Years at Walmart for $9.72...

Wow!

That's about half the price of a CD over here, maybe a third of the price in some cases....

Comment

Working...