X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

That was funny.

I'm sure Tony Martin was a nice guy, but can't say I've ever been a fan...
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• bueno bob
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by binnie
      That was funny.

I'm sure Tony Martin was a nice guy, but can't say I've ever been a fan...
      He was very cool back when I passed his way, a really nice guy. Unfortunately these days, he doesn't have very much positive to say in the way of Sabbath, and...at the risk of sounding anti-T.M. (which I'm not), he's seriously overstated his importance in the Sabbath history.

Not saying that he's not a relevant part of it, because he absolutely is (2nd longest vocalist next to Ozzy), but the fact remains that he was, essentially, hired help and his legacy with Sabbath will always be second to Ozzy's and Ronnie's.

Don't know either way, but he's talked a lot of crap about Sabbath in interviews lately, how it was probably a huge career mistake, he'd never ever rejoin, etc.

There's some good material out there with him on it though, for the Sabbath completists like myself...but for Sabbath completists, though, let's fucking admit it...we're just Tony Iommi fans...
      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

Originally posted by bueno bob

but for Sabbath completists, though, let's fucking admit it...we're just Tony Iommi fans...
        Nail on the head.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
          Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
          He was very cool back when I passed his way, a really nice guy. Unfortunately these days, he doesn't have very much positive to say in the way of Sabbath, and...at the risk of sounding anti-T.M. (which I'm not), he's seriously overstated his importance in the Sabbath history.

Not saying that he's not a relevant part of it, because he absolutely is (2nd longest vocalist next to Ozzy), but the fact remains that he was, essentially, hired help and his legacy with Sabbath will always be second to Ozzy's and Ronnie's.

Don't know either way, but he's talked a lot of crap about Sabbath in interviews lately, how it was probably a huge career mistake, he'd never ever rejoin, etc.

There's some good material out there with him on it though, for the Sabbath completists like myself...but for Sabbath completists, though, let's fucking admit it...we're just Tony Iommi fans...
          I would be willing to bet that if Tony Iommi put out Black Sabbath- The Martin Years, and asked Martin to tour, he wouldn't be able to get on a plane fast enough.
          Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
            I would be willing to bet that if Tony Iommi put out Black Sabbath- The Martin Years, and asked Martin to tour, he wouldn't be able to get on a plane fast enough.
            I reckon that would be the case.

I'm sure he'd get his job back at Burger King at the end of the tour,,,

Comment

• cMb
              Head Fluffer
              • Feb 2007

It looks like it's Queensryche & Rob Zombie with the opening slots on the 2nd leg of the US tour.

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

That could be quite cool actually. I imagine Rob puts on a great show, and Queensryche are legends!

Comment

• bueno bob
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Well, Ronnie can come out and do "The Chase" with Queensryche every night, I suppose. That's about the only potential benefit to having Queensryche there that I can see...these days they're a virtual snorefest unless they're playing something from "Empire" or before...

As far as Rob Zombie goes, I have no complaints about that in the slightest...
                  Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

From what I've heard Queensryche have been doing a lot of old material on their recent tours....

Comment

• cMb
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Feb 2007

Everything after 'The Queen of The Reich' puts me to sleep.
                      Their art-rock, or whatever it's called, never did much for me.

Zombie does put on a badass show, but as an opener, I figure he would have to tone it down quite a bit. He had a bunch of props & fire & whatnot last time I saw him.
                      Still, he has a shitload of amazing songs to pick from!
                      The guy is a true artist in every sense of the word.

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

Is Alice Cooper not big enough to play those venues on his own anymore?

Comment

• Douglas T.
                          Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

Not too many bands play arenas anymore without a few good openers. h\Helps ticket slaes! That's the way it seems to go around here. that's why they travel in packs! <br>

Comment

• Hardrock69
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2005

Trailer for the Radio City Music Hall DVD is out now:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

I think that video has been remooved....

Comment

• Hardrock69
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2005

I'll Be Damned....

I did not get a chance to download it.

Well, I will see if I can find another link.

Comment

Working...