Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_dQ05sjEweo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_dQ05sjEweo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Warham
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

I saw on the news this morning that it was a suicide. Carbon monoxide from charcoal grills?

Comment

• ppg960
        Sniper
        • Dec 2005

I just heard the same thing on the radio.
        A tragic ending to a super human being.

Comment

• bueno bob
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Yup...suicide...

Great musician and all, but I suddenly no longer see it as a tragedy. I see it as more pathetic.
          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Warham
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

Gee, if he knew getting married was the wrong idea, why not just dump the girlfriend?

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I'm guessing there was a lot more to it than that.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• VanHalener
                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by FORD
                Oh Shit.......

Family Says Delp's Death Was Suicide
                By KATHARINE WEBSTER, Associated Press Writer

CONCORD, N.H. - The family of Brad Delp, the lead singer for the band Boston, said his death was a suicide. "He was a man who gave all he had to give to everyone around him, whether family, friends, fans or strangers," the family said in a statement relayed by police Wednesday. "He gave as long as he could, as best he could, and he was very tired. We take comfort in knowing that he is now, at last, at peace."

Delp, 55, died Friday at his Atkinson home.

Toxicology tests by the state medical examiner's office showed that Delp committed suicide by carbon monoxide poisoning, said Lt. William Baldwin. Police said Delp had sealed himself inside a bathroom with two charcoal grills sometime between 11:30 p.m. Thursday and Friday afternoon, when he was found by fiancee Pamela Sullivan.

Delp also left two notes taped to a door and letters to his family and Sullivan. Baldwin said police do not know the contents of the letters.

The family's statement said Sullivan, Delp's children and their mother, Delp's ex-wife Micki Delp, were grateful for the sympathy they had received.

Delp joined Boston in the mid-1970s and sang two of its biggest hits, "More than a Feeling" and "Long Time."

He had planned to marry Sullivan this summer during a break in a tour with Boston. A lifelong Beatles fan, Delp also played with the tribute band Beatle Juice.

Beatle Juice performed a benefit last year to help build a new public library in Atkinson, a small town of about 6,000 residents on the Massachusetts border.

The family said last week it planned a private funeral followed by a public memorial to be scheduled later.
                This sucks!

Thanks for the vids FORD
                ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                  Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Goddamnit!

Suicide??

WTF???

Here was a guy who was about to get married and Boston were rehearsing for a summer tour!

He obviously wasn't in the right frame of mind. He must have been sufferring from some kind of depression.
                  =V V=
                  ole No.1 The finest
                  EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• bueno bob
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

I don't know, I guess I just don't understand it. When the winter comes around, I go through a SERIOUS bout of seasonal depression, every year (which is why I'm almost fucking desperate to live in the desert, but can't for...multiple reasons). It takes me out of absolutely everything, and the ONLY thing that keeps me going is duty and necessity. Short of that, I wouldn't even bother getting out of bed on a daily basis.

Even as BAD as I've gotten (and it's been BAD, trust me), duty to family keeps my ass moving, whether I want to or not. There is NO option. And NEVER ONCE could I seriously even begin to contemplate taking myself out of the equation. To do so would be shallow, selfish and life ruining for my friends, family and the people that care about me.

I will never understand how somebody can justify it to themselves, even in their most warped imagining.
                    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Warham
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

I can't either.

It's one of the most selfish things somebody can do.

Comment

• bueno bob
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem - no other way to add it up. Being a "Lonely Soul", I can't imagine what sort of mental process (or lack thereof) was going on in Brad's head where he arrived at suicide as his only possible alternative.

If you're lonely, you go out and hang out with the people in your life. If you're depressed, you go get some help for it. There's no problem, issue, or mental condition in existance that can't be solved by some kind of outside intervention, and by all indications, Brad was a guy who had a lot of people close to him that cared about him a great deal.

This is a guy who had a responsibility to his impending wife. This is a guy who had a responsibility to his two kids. The music is, of course, irrelevant to all that - Boston could have postponed a tour or went out without him.

All he's effectively accomplished is to abandon his friends, abandon his family, and abandon his fans, leaving everyone behind to pick up the pieces of their lives and try to make some sort of sense of what they've suddenly lost, and to realize in the end that there was no reason for it at all.

I absolutely refuse to feel sympathy for Brad. Suicide is the most chicken shit selfish shit anybody could possibly do - especially somebody who had people in their lives that cared about them.

I feel bad for his bandmates, his fans, and most especially his family. His family are the ones who have to deal with the loss, every day, for the rest of their lives.

Life is such a fragile thing - here one minute and it could be gone the very next. Anybody who just throws it away deserves not one whit of sympathy out of me, and I don't frankly care what his mental processes were at that point.
                        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• BrownSound1
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by bueno bob
                          Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem - no other way to add it up. Being a "Lonely Soul", I can't imagine what sort of mental process (or lack thereof) was going on in Brad's head where he arrived at suicide as his only possible alternative.

If you're lonely, you go out and hang out with the people in your life. If you're depressed, you go get some help for it. There's no problem, issue, or mental condition in existance that can't be solved by some kind of outside intervention, and by all indications, Brad was a guy who had a lot of people close to him that cared about him a great deal.

This is a guy who had a responsibility to his impending wife. This is a guy who had a responsibility to his two kids. The music is, of course, irrelevant to all that - Boston could have postponed a tour or went out without him.

All he's effectively accomplished is to abandon his friends, abandon his family, and abandon his fans, leaving everyone behind to pick up the pieces of their lives and try to make some sort of sense of what they've suddenly lost, and to realize in the end that there was no reason for it at all.

I absolutely refuse to feel sympathy for Brad. Suicide is the most chicken shit selfish shit anybody could possibly do - especially somebody who had people in their lives that cared about them.

I feel bad for his bandmates, his fans, and most especially his family. His family are the ones who have to deal with the loss, every day, for the rest of their lives.

Life is such a fragile thing - here one minute and it could be gone the very next. Anybody who just throws it away deserves not one whit of sympathy out of me, and I don't frankly care what his mental processes were at that point.
                          Word!

You know it is one thing if someone has some type of chemical imbalance or medical problem that causes you to think irrationally. However, if it is just depression from feeling sorry for yourself, then that's your own doing.

I don't know which is the case for Delp, if it was the latter then I'm not sympathetic.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Boston's Brad Delp Left Suicide Note

Boston frontman Brad Delp described himself as a "lonely soul" in a suicide note he wrote before killing himself last Friday.

Delp, 55, was found dead in his New Hampshire home by his fiancée Pamela Sullivan. He had been suffering from depression.

Toxicology tests show Delp had committed suicide by carbon monoxide poisoning.

Police located his body on the bathroom floor with his head on a pillow - he had blocked himself in with two charcoal grills.

Paper-clipped to his shirt collar as the suicide note. It read: "Mr. Brad Delp. J'ai une ame solitaire. I am a lonely soul."

In another note taped to a garage door leading into the house, he wrote: "To whoever finds this I have hopefully committed suicide. Plan B was to asphyxiate myself in my car."

Delp also left another note at the top of the stairs warning of the carbon monoxide fumes. It added, "I take complete and sole responsibility for my present situation. I have lost my desire to live."

Cops also discovered letters addressed to Sullivan, his children and their mother Micki Delp and another couple whose identity is currently unknown.

(This news article provided by World Entertainment News Network)

=V V=
                            ole No.1 The finest
                            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

I'm still sad about it of course, but I gotta agree with the above posts....suicide is the easy way out, and especially fucked up when you have kids.....

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
                                I'm still sad about it of course, but I gotta agree with the above posts....suicide is the easy way out, and especially fucked up when you have kids.....
                                Yeah, it is an easy way out.

However, I'm still kinda in shock over his suicide.

Why was he so depressed?? Why did he lose his desire to live?? Wasn't playing music enough?? Family not enough?? Getting married not enough? Friends??

I just don't understand it. There was some deep problems with Brad and it seems like nobody knew anything about them.

=V V=
                                ole No.1 The finest
                                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

Working...