Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MERRYKISSMASS2U
    Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

binnie: I just got the remastered version of KIMB, and I am amazed at how good it is. THIS RECORD KILLS!

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U
      binnie: I just got the remastered version of KIMB, and I am amazed at how good it is. THIS RECORD KILLS!
      My thoughts entirely: they did a great job turining the bass up so it really kicks, and you can feel it going through you.

An amazing record, and to think it was made in 1985, it's heavier than anything around at the moment (well, just about anyway...)

Rattle your goddamned head!!!
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• ace diamond
        Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
        I can't say there's any album I dislike in the catalogue. I'm going to go with Risk as the runt of the litter, though. Really pretty wimpy in parts. Crush 'Em was really lame. The album cover was dopey...

Well, maybe there is one album I dislike.

Discuss.
        yeah, i would have to agree with you there.
        Originally posted by hideyoursheep
        When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
        "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
          Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by binnie
          My thoughts entirely: they did a great job turining the bass up so it really kicks, and you can feel it going through you.

An amazing record, and to think it was made in 1985, it's heavier than anything around at the moment (well, just about anyway...)

Rattle your goddamned head!!!
          Some of the vocals in the original were literally incomprehensible.

Comment

• Padre Atilio
            Head Fluffer
            • Jun 2006

I go with TWNAH, it has the most weakest songs but i love this album. Still better than Metallicas stuff past 1991. Risk was different but all of the songs were well written and its a very interesting album in their catalogue. If I had to choose a song that I disliked, it would be Sweating Bullets.

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

Originally posted by Padre Atilio
              If I had to choose a song that I disliked, it would be Sweating Bullets.
              Why????

Is it because it's overplayed, or you just don't like it?

Comment

• redfire
                Head Fluffer
                • Feb 2004

I'd have to go with Risk. I don't like really anything on there. And like someone said, Prince of Darkness is the heaviest thing on there and it did sound like a weak attempt at classic Megadeth.

That said, I'd still rather listen to Risk than anything Metallica has done post Black album.

You would be suprised how many young people are getting into Megadeth. When I graduated high school 6 years ago, there were about 5 of us who even knew who Megadeth was. But, with increased exposure (due a lot to Gigantour) there are a lot of kids that I know that ask me to show them Megadeth riffs and what not. So, here's hoping that United Abominations is everything Dave thinks it's going to be.
                Eat Us and Smile!

Comment

• binnie
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2006

Yeah, i think the Gigantitour could really boost Megadeth's profile...

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
                    Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by redfire
                    So, here's hoping that United Abominations is everything Dave thinks it's going to be.
                    It is.

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
                      Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

The censoring of "These Boots" on KIMB.

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

The World Needs A Hero. I actually really like a few songs from Risk.
                        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by redfire

You would be suprised how many young people are getting into Megadeth.
                          Bands like Slipknot, Disturbed, Cradle of Filth, and Korn are getting the kids into heavy stuff. Once there, they want to hear the really good stuff so they get some older Megadeth & Metallica.
                          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
                            Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                            Bands like Slipknot, Disturbed, Cradle of Filth, and Korn are getting the kids into heavy stuff. Once there, they want to hear the really good stuff so they get some older Megadeth & Metallica.
                            Unfortunately some never break the cycle of the nü metal.

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

Nu Metal is dead and gone. Kids now like the screamo stuff like Killswitch Engage and such.

There are planety of decent straight up heavy metal bands out there getting kids into heavier music - those bands are "new" rather than "nu": not a rap, hip-hop beat or DJ in sight!

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
                                Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

I know nothing about them, but I have seen a lot of Avenged Sevenfold shit around.... they must suck.

Comment

Working...