Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Walker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Sweet fucking move offering "....Until The Freeze" in flac format!

This band really knows how to treat its fans!

Comment

• indeedido
      Veteran
      • Feb 2004

I'll see them at the Oklahoma State Fair in Sept. Seems weird though. I'm used to seeing Loverboy, Eddie Money, etc for the last 4-5 years. Loverboy twice actually! Seems odd we would get a band this good, but I'll take it.
      This space for rent.

Comment

• Mr Walker
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

I'm gonna assume that their server got hammered...
        Tried the FLAC download and it timed out... tried the mp3 download and it looks like that is jamming up as well. I re-entered my code to retry the FLAC and it told me that I already downloaded it
        I shot off an e-mail and hope they can find a way to make good on the offer.

Comment

• indeedido
          Veteran
          • Feb 2004

I went ahead and got it from Itunes this am, I'm digging it. Pretty fucking good album. I didn't expect to hear something like "I ain't hiding", but I like it
          This space for rent.

Comment

• Rufus T Firefly
            Roth Army Recruit
            • Feb 2009

Well I bought the new record today and the CD's done up to look like Vinyl, which is a nice touch, I gotta say that Warpaint never really grew on me, too much mid tempo stuff with no real standout tracks IMO, and this one feels kinda similar, a little more varied though.

'could do without the disco track, that's for sure. When the falsetto backing vocals come in it's just so obvious that they wanted to do their version of "Miss You" it hurts!

Trying to get the free download thing going now but I'm fucked if I can get it to work...

Comment

• Mr Walker
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

Read a long review... but this comment summed up my feelings on the new disc(s)...

It's almost damning praise to call a work "mature" but Before The Frost…Until The Freeze is nourishing, thoughtful, emotionally resonant music made by and intended for adults, a series of primo ruminations on paths taken. I'll let others wag over "best album" or even "better than such & such album." When music is this organic, switched-on and skillfully delivered there's no need for hierarchies. Just kick off them shoes and let it have its way with you and you'll get it just fine.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rufus T Firefly
                Trying to get the free download thing going now but I'm fucked if I can get it to work...
                They did have server problems... if you can't get your code to work, send an e-mail here

bbrannen@hearmymerch.com

and they will hook you up with a new one.
                I was able to download the FLAC version this morning.

Comment

• Golden AWe
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
                  Sweet fucking move offering "....Until The Freeze" in flac format!

This band really knows how to treat its fans!
                  Hi Lou!!!
                  Originally posted by Cato
                  Golden, why are you FAT?
                  Originally posted by lesfunk
                  Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                  http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Rufus T Firefly
                    Roth Army Recruit
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Mr Walker
                    They did have server problems... if you can't get your code to work, send an e-mail here

bbrannen@hearmymerch.com

and they will hook you up with a new one.
                    I was able to download the FLAC version this morning.

I got it to work in the end, cheers!

Still kinda underwhelmed though. It's all in a similar kinda country groove, no real standout tracks. Shame really.

I still wanna go and see 'em live though, saw 'em twice back in the day, it's about time I caught up again.

Comment

• Alex Mogilny
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Apr 2004

Got the vinyl yesterday. Great fucking album.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                        Sniper
                        • Jan 2004

I'm digging Before the Frost..

Been a Long Time and And the Band Played On.. couple of my favs.

waiting on DL'g the second disc. saw the server troubles and wanted to wait until traffic dies down a bit, plus I'm not tired of disc one yet!
                        David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
                        — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• indeedido
                          Veteran
                          • Feb 2004

The more I listen to it, the more I like it. It is like an actual "album". All songs sound great played in sequence. To me it sounds best to listen to it as a whole. I'm loving it.
                          This space for rent.

Comment

• chefcraig
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Apr 2004

So...did anyone check out Johnny Colt's new show on the Travel Channel last night? It was occasionally engaging but a tad talky, with a ton of "new age" sounding spiritualism involved. Here is some more info on the program.

Johnny Colt Heads to Thailand in the Premier of 'At Full Volume'

Former Bass Player for the Black Crowes Travels the World in 'At Full Volume'

What would you get if you mixed one part MTV and one part Survivor? You're about to get the answer courtesy of Johnny Colt and the Travel Channel.

Johnny Colt's "At Full Volume" will chronicle the experiences of JC as he travels to various parts of the world and gives us an all access pass to lands and cultures that most of us have only read about.

Colt's musical resume reads like a rock star's wish list. Best known as a member of the Black Crowes, Colt has also played with some of the best musicians and bands in the world including the Grammy award winning band Train and Rock Star Supernova. Colt also co-hosts the Atlanta AM radio talk show Politely Disruptive on WMLB AM1690 (the Voice of the Arts). And much like Johnny's music, "At Full Volume" will be devoid of borders, boundaries and will most likely appeal the adventurer in all of us.

In the show's premier Johnny travels to Thailand. Click here to read about his journey and just a few of the experiences that awaited him there.

"At Full Volume" premiers Monday, September 7th at 9PM.

Johnny Colt Heads to Thailand in the Premier of 'At Full Volume' - Associated Content

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• thome
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Mar 2005

I saw the show last night pretty good except for the part where he had some buddist monk tattoo some prayer on the back of his skull.

That is why tattooists love fat dudes, more canvas.

At least his tats were spread over a long list of memories and times.

That I dig and respect.. the tat as color or fasion.

I am sick for 17 year old douche nozzles covered in ink and they have never left the 10 mile radius of thier home.

They look like the drunk ass at the party and when he passes out all the chicks write skribbly sh!t all over them.

This, I respect..............just a OP

I hope Johnny does more shows, the local music searches and people he met were cool.

Comment

• Rufus T Firefly
                                Roth Army Recruit
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by thome
                                I saw the show last night pretty good except for the part where he had some buddist monk tattoo some prayer on the back of his skull.

That is why tattooists love fat dudes, more canvas.

At least his tats were spread over a long list of memories and times.

That I dig and respect.. the tat as color or fasion.

I am sick for 17 year old douche nozzles covered in ink and they have never left the 10 mile radius of thier home.

They look like the drunk ass at the party and when he passes out all the chicks write skribbly sh!t all over them.

This, I respect..............just a OP

I hope Johnny does more shows, the local music searches and people he met were cool.
                                This has nothing to do with the topic in hand but fuck am I ever sick of teenagers with full sleeves of tattoos. If your mother can afford to give you money to get that done to yourself then you're not badass enough to deserve to have sleeve tattoos you fuckin' dolt!

Comment

Working...