Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zing!
    Veteran
    • Oct 2011

Ace on Tom Snyder is a goddamn classic! Surprised he and Peter weren't kicked out of the band on the spot. Ace's cackle should be imbedded on a platinum disk and shot into space for other worlds to enjoy.
    My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

What's funnier than ace is watching gene get more and more fucked off .
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
        ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
        Talk about a drunk Ace without Tom Snyder ?!?!
        Ace really is the star of that interview and the interviewer looks genuinely to be enjoying talking to him.I always wince at the part where Gene tries to make a joke about some swamp land and the guy just looks confused and talks to Ace some more.Gene really comes off a miserable bastard
        Last edited by Dave's Bitch; 01-04-2013, 04:26 PM.
        I really love you baby, I love what you've got
        Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• katina
          Commando
          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
          Ace really is the star of that interview and the interviewer looks genuinely to be enjoying talking to him.I always wince at the part where Gene tries to make a joke about some swamp land and the guy just looks confused and talks to Ace some more.Gene really comes off a miserable bastard
          Peter writes in his book, that on Tom´s Show, Gene and Paul learned that Ace and him would no longer be controllable.
          Ace and Peter began to drink champagne hours before the show and vodka.
          Tom´s producer had told him that he´d be lucky to get Ace to open his mouth once, so Tom was astonished that Ace was so lively and hilarious, and at the same time Gene was getting more and more pissed off.

Comment

• Matt White
            • Jun 2004

BRILLIANT INTERVIEW

that interview alone tells the reason ACE & PETER got the boot..........they were SO much more interesting than Gene and Paul............

I've always said...watch the 1st KISSOLOGY......ACE farkin' RULES!!!

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
              BRILLIANT INTERVIEW

that interview alone tells the reason ACE & PETER got the boot..........they were SO much more interesting than Gene and Paul............

I've always said...watch the 1st KISSOLOGY......ACE farkin' RULES!!!

That interview is fucking hilarity...
              Originally posted by conmee
              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
              Originally posted by eddie78
              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• katina
                Commando
                • Mar 2012

I think Ace dedicated The Return of Space Bear, from Anomaly to Tom.

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

I gotta say I seriously doubt Peter Criss could physically keep up with the demands of a full KISS set night after night in 2013.

That's not to say he wasn't treated poorly in 2003 when he was let go.

Am unsure what Simmons means by "taking the band to the next level". Simmons and Stanley are content to have Thayer and Singer in the band because they don't have the physical problems that Criss and Frehley bring to the table. Hey, if that's the logic, then just say so. Getting two other guys in there wearing Criss and Frehley's costumes and makeup while essentially playing the same old Classic KISS tunes (outside of diehards, nobody gives two shits about Sonic Boom and Monster) isn't taking anything "to the next level: it's financial/income maintenance for Simmons and Stanley.

I dunno...at this point does it even matter if Criss and Frehley ever play with the band again? I mean, seriously, if hardcore KISS fans didn't get an opportunity to see the original four during the years 1996-2002, well, they had those 6 years of multiple reunion tours to get their asses to a gig. It wasn't like some Led Zeppelin one-off reunion concert.

Casual KISS fans don't really care that Criss and Frehley aren't there, anyway.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

My Lawd. After reading everybody's posts about the Tom Snyder show all day, I couldn't wait to get home and check it out. Amazing and so very telling about all of them. Ace was absolutely priceless. He may have had a few drinks, but he wasn't trashed like that Eric Carr bit Elvis posted. I was crying when he asked Tom if he had a 10 speed bike and went on to compare the chain slipping on a bike to the problems they had with the drum riser. Gene even looked pissed about that. He truly was a sour puss. Ace and Peter were genuine nice guys. So was Paul, but not quite as likable as those two. I remember as a kid in the late 70's going to watch people fly remote control helicopters in a field by my house. Just like Ace said, they were in at the time. Nice of Ace to acknowledge Tom's love of model trains at the end, too. I totally want to get Peter and Ace's books now.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Terry
                      I dunno...at this point does it even matter if Criss and Frehley ever play with the band again? I mean, seriously, if hardcore KISS fans didn't get an opportunity to see the original four during the years 1996-2002, well, they had those 6 years of multiple reunion tours to get their asses to a gig. It wasn't like some Led Zeppelin one-off reunion concert.
                      You're right. The book should have closed on the make-up era for a second time. Really, Gene and Paul could have gone back to their make-up-less version fairly seemlessly considering Eric Singer was always in the fold or in the wings. Without make-up, they could simply have gone back to the revolving door lead guitar format and just rock out. But noooooo. It's too much of a franchise opportunity to let go of. Somewhere in an incubator, two more shmoes are being prepped to take Gene and Paul's place to bring this thing to the next next level.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                        ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                        My Lawd. After reading everybody's posts about the Tom Snyder show all day, I couldn't wait to get home and check it out. Amazing and so very telling about all of them. Ace was absolutely priceless. He may have had a few drinks, but he wasn't trashed like that Eric Carr bit Elvis posted. I was crying when he asked Tom if he had a 10 speed bike and went on to compare the chain slipping on a bike to the problems they had with the drum riser. Gene even looked pissed about that. He truly was a sour puss. Ace and Peter were genuine nice guys. So was Paul, but not quite as likable as those two. I remember as a kid in the late 70's going to watch people fly remote control helicopters in a field by my house. Just like Ace said, they were in at the time. Nice of Ace to acknowledge Tom's love of model trains at the end, too. I totally want to get Peter and Ace's books now.
                        But that was not really Ace,He was an impostor

I think Paul came off well like you say.There were one or two side long looks at Ace and Peter but generally he come across well.It must just be something about Gene because I have only seen a handful of interviews where he does not come off a pompous miserable old dick.You just get the feeling that Peter leaving and Ace and Peter not coming back is much more of a Gene thing than anything else
                        I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                        Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• indeedido
                          Veteran
                          • Feb 2004

If we had to be around Gene like they were we all be drunks too! He's such a miserable human. Ace has said several times over the years that he's the main reason so he could tolerate it. Here's a good story about Gene. When they were shooting the album cover for Hotter Than Hell, EVERYONE was drunk BUT Gene. The models, the band (yes Paul too), the photographer. EVERYONE! But Gene. He must have an allergy to alcohol he doesn't mention. He's not religious so that's not the reason. Maybe he's jealous everyone else gets to have fun while he can't so he choosing to be a miserable ass.

Paul got so drunk at the shoot, they had to lock him in a car. And he couldn't figure out how to get out! Check out the back cover of the album where it depicts this wild, wild party with tons of people in weird outfits. Ten minutes after that picture was taken he passed out.

This space for rent.

Comment

• indeedido
                            Veteran
                            • Feb 2004

This space for rent.

Comment

• indeedido
                              Veteran
                              • Feb 2004

This space for rent.

Comment

• indeedido
                                Veteran
                                • Feb 2004

Ace got trashed and wrecked a car. "For one photo session we did for the Hotter Than Hell album, this doctor told me I could only put makeup on half of my face. So all the shots were profiles [laughs]. I got into a car accident. Something pissed me off. I got drunk one night and I kept driving around the Hollywood Hills. I kept going around the same block faster and faster [laughs] until I lost control and hit a telephone pole. I think I was just testing destiny. I got out of the car and I had cut my head. I walked back down to the hotel and I knocked on my road manager's door and there's blood running all down my face. He said, "Oh God, what happened to you?" I go, "I wrecked a car." One of many [laughs], it was like the beginning of the saga."

This space for rent.

Comment

Working...