• Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Fucking sold out already!

Comment

• Anonymous
      Banned
      • May 2004

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZcDxtXvWs3w&hl=pt-br&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZcDxtXvWs3w&hl=pt-br&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Never a dull moment. Lexxxi Foxxx may be one of the bestest characters ever.

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• katie
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Nov 2004

This decade needs a new Nirvana to flush away this Steel Panther bullshit.

These idiots are the 21st century answer to fucking Warrant!

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Wow that was a pretty dumb post.

Comment

• Anonymous
            Banned
            • May 2004

Originally posted by katie
            This decade needs a new Nirvana to flush away this Steel Panther bullshit.

These idiots are the 21st century answer to fucking Warrant!
            No more Nirvana, no, please Gawd, NO!

Warrant? You couldn't be farther away from the truth, Katie. The truth is over there, and you're pointing at that other side.

Maybe you're not getting what they're doing? They're acting! Yes, they enjoy and love the music they play, but they're being serious at not being serious. It's all a big joke.

Ralph (Michael Starr) is smiling all the time in interviews to avoid cracking up. If he tried keeping a straight face, he'd explode.

They're just in it for the laughs. And they're grate while they're doing it. Ralph may very well be one of the best singers around today, what he does is not easy. Russ is one helluva guitar player, the man knows what he's doing, and he never overdoes it. It's clear that he's much better than what he shows. Travis has the best character, Lexxy Foxx rules, even if he couldn't play for shit, he'd still be entirely justified in that band. ANd Darren is a helluva drummer.

Take another listen, watch some interviews. You're missing out on the best band around.

Comment

• katie
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Imapus_Sylicker
              No more Nirvana, no, please Gawd, NO!

Warrant? You couldn't be farther away from the truth, Katie. The truth is over there, and you're pointing at that other side.

Maybe you're not getting what they're doing? They're acting! Yes, they enjoy and love the music they play, but they're being serious at not being serious. It's all a big joke.

Ralph (Michael Starr) is smiling all the time in interviews to avoid cracking up. If he tried keeping a straight face, he'd explode.

They're just in it for the laughs. And they're grate while they're doing it. Ralph may very well be one of the best singers around today, what he does is not easy. Russ is one helluva guitar player, the man knows what he's doing, and he never overdoes it. It's clear that he's much better than what he shows. Travis has the best character, Lexxy Foxx rules, even if he couldn't play for shit, he'd still be entirely justified in that band. ANd Darren is a helluva drummer.

Take another listen, watch some interviews. You're missing out on the best band around.

Hi Imapus

I hear what you are saying, but I guess this is not for me.

I agree Ralph is a great singer,
              Shame he comes up with shite (tounge in cheek lyrics)

You are a good guy Imapus

x

Comment

• Anonymous
                Banned
                • May 2004

Hi Imapus

I hear what you are saying, but I guess this is not for me.

I agree Ralph is a great singer,
                Shame he comes up with shite (tounge in cheek lyrics)
                Well, I'll admit that while the lyrics are an integral part of the band, some of them make me a bit uncomfortable, Oklahoma Girl and Death to All but Metal being prime examples.

I dunno, I guess when it's too explicit, it stops being funny. I do know, however, that the lyrics were the way I like, they'd probably not have haalf the fans/success they have nowadays. And they probably know it too.

To achieve mass success, you have to step down a rung or two in the IQ ladder. But they make up for it beautifully even in those two songs with a bit of more subtle humour. In Oklahoma Girl, for example, when Ralph sings with a lot of feeling in a soft falsetto the words "Momma's little girl got all sticky", that made me laugh out loud, literally. Or when again he sings with the same feeling & falsetto "Hey, Michael Starr, you motherfucker" after explaining to the Oklahoma Girl that she doesn't have to worry if she's got VD, 'cuz she'll be screaming his name when she sits down to pee. It only shows how good they are, when they make a grate joke out of a childish lyric. It's all about timing and building the joke, and these guys are pros in that stuff.

Asian Hooker is crammed with good stuff, the only part I don't like - but still made me laugh - is the "Wrap a tuna roll on my dick, and the bitch is on her knees". To me the "bitch" is completely uinnecessary, but to a casual listener, it'll grab his/her attention. Sex, drugs, rudeness, all of it sells, and they know it. "Wrap a tuna roll on my dick" is pure jaenious.

Party All Day is so juvenile it actually builds up to something really good. An instant classic, if such a thing exists.

Stripper Girl is a gem! I just LOVE how the guy can be so shameless and clueless! "Sometimes you think that I'm a jerk, when you catch me fucking your friends from work, I'll be there to catch you when you fall"? It's so absurd, it's a work of art. It'd take either huge balls or huge amounts of stupidity - more likely both - to actually say that to a girl. And the feeling when he sings the line "I'll be there to catch you when you fall", you actually believe him to be the good guy. And that he's right, of course. He even puts the cherry on the gawddamned cake - he finishes it off with "If you buy me a cellphone you can give me a call". Jaysus!

I think I find all this funny because I have a sick sense of humour. More than once, I lost a good opportunity to have sex 'cuz something happened that warranted a good joke at the expense of the girl, and I just couldn't help myself. Thus, I ended up a couple of times laughing and having sex with my palm, but hey... they weren't that hot, and it would be only a one night stand, anyway. It's not like they had anything between their ears. Have I regretted it? Many times? Have I laughed? Oh, boy... how I laughed.

Woah, look at all this text! I do tend to ramble on some subjects. I'm off.

You are a good guy Imapus

x
                Thanks, Katie. I'm hot, too. And you rock, girl.

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Aug 2004

Ok......WTF? I leave for a bit and this thread drops of the front of "House of Music"....... lol!

Still think this was one of the best cds of 2009.

Did anybody see them over the summer?

++++

Looks like more touring in store for 2010. They have their regular LA dates during the week plus every Saturday night in Vegas @ House of Blues. They are even in Toronto on 3/11.

Maybe a follow up cd at some point.

Comment

• Coyote
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MRcqjCVIH04&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MRcqjCVIH04&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Anthemic...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lkuNsbd_0IY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lkuNsbd_0IY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
                    Last edited by Coyote; 02-25-2010, 01:24 PM.
                    Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Coyote
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Of course, they had to make a Xmas tune...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WdB_CM2LxCw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WdB_CM2LxCw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
                      Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

T h e y s u c k !!

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                          T h e y s u c k !!
                          It must frustrate the shit out of you when everyone else in the room gets the joke, and you just sit there befuddled and feeling out of it.....

Originally posted by Kristy
                          Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                          Originally posted by cadaverdog
                          I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

I get it. It's lame...

Comment

• hambon4lif
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jun 2004

How can you go to this show and NOT have a good time?

YouTube - STEEL PANTHER Michael Challenges Satchel to a "Guitar Off"!!

Comment

• standin
                                Veteran
                                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by ELVIS
                                I get it. It's lame...

Wait for it.......

excuse me all for a moment I must amuse myself. :0
                                Wait for it...

Elvis, you just don't like it when people laugh, smile and have fun.

Oh that got it.

Now where is that damn German Pussy video.
                                To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
                                MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

Working...