Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hideyoursheep
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2007

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4yNYzqzuev4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4yNYzqzuev4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

I don't know why the Japanese had such horrible audio on that show when they were building the stereo systems of the world at the same time...and it's in color...

The engineer on that show should have been executed!

Comment

• hideyoursheep
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2007

Bad enough to make them wanna stop touring, I bet!

Comment

• hideyoursheep
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2007

There's your Beatles at Budokan...there's a ton more with different mixes at the same show...check em out.

Comment

• Sweet Irony
            She's the Woman
            Sniper
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
            Love is all you need Did I spot Mick Jagger in here somehere ?

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rLxTpsIVzzo&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color 2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rLxTpsIVzzo&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color 2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

I was about to add this if it had SOMEHOW been overlooked...
            Great stuff here...GREAT STUFF!!! I LOVE it!

Thanks Mark for condensing all this awesome material into one thread..
            I have had a bunch of Beatles threads on all these sites through the years, but I guess they have all gone into the internet graveyard! lol
            ...livin in the online VH world for 19 years....thanks to a 2 year old.....

Comment

• Sweet Irony
              She's the Woman
              Sniper
              • Jan 2004

As much as I love this...Von hates it...

But hey, I accept his faults!!

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Ok, i'm tired of searching for this...

A killer ELO song called Queen Of The Hours...

John Lennon once said that ELO were "Sons of the Beatles."

I can't find the entire song, but it's in this silly mix of songs at about the two minute mark following Roll Over Beethoven...

Embedding disabled by request...

Oh no, I may be hurting someone's feelings with a smiley, or is it a frowney, or maybe a pissed-offey!

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                  John Lennon once said that ELO were "Sons of the Beatles."
                  Here is Lennon appearing on a radio program, where he makes the above quote while introducing ELO's "Showdown".

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T2XHOzRJv7A&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x99 9999&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T2XHOzRJv7A&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x99 9999&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Cool!

I dig that ending. Must have been a radio promo, because that is mostly the final recording, but not the final mix...

Lennon had some negative comments at one point also, saying that ELO made an entire career out of I Am The Walrus...

Comment

• Panamark
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Sweet Irony
                      I was about to add this if it had SOMEHOW been overlooked...
                      Great stuff here...GREAT STUFF!!! I LOVE it!

Thanks Mark for condensing all this awesome material into one thread..
                      I have had a bunch of Beatles threads on all these sites through the years, but I guess they have all gone into the internet graveyard! lol

LEEEEEEEEESA !!

Great to see you back

Hey, I have a 2 week old little guy in my arms !

BIG QUESTION THAT HAS BEEN BUGGING ME....

What was the last known jam or band performance
                      by the Beatles.. (If not the Abbey Rd Rooftop ??)

The first to answer correctly gets a sleep deprived
                      phonecall from oz !! lol......
                      BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

Probably when they performed "Hey Jude" on the David Frost show. Before that, there was the performance of "All You Need Is Love" for that worldwide tv broadcast.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Sweet Irony
                          She's the Woman
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2004

MAAAARRRRKKKK!
                          Hey!! I just found this reply--hope I havent lost the contest!

Well, heres what I think....I think the rooftop was the final official performance by the Beatles---I have it on VHS...If you can get it (that movie, 'Let It Be'---GET IT!!)

I read that Paul, Ringo & George played together for a wedding (Clapton? I think?) in 79...plus of course they did those 2 songs with Johns old recordings for the 'Anthology'....

And if you havent watched the Anthology series--WATCH IT!!

And was Ringos 'It Dont Come Easy' the first solo?? I remember that coming out before Uncle Albert AND Imagine in '71....Yikes Im gettin older by the minute!

I hope I win the contest...or SOME contest.....Id love to talk to my 'Sleepless in Australia' friend(s)!!! Ive been expecting that baby for 2 years!

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Sweet Irony
                            ..And was Ringos 'It Dont Come Easy' the first solo?? I remember that coming out before Uncle Albert AND Imagine in '71....Yikes Im gettin older by the minute!
                            Vey good! I was 6 at the time, and the only thing I could remember was the time frame when 3 people I knew (2 kids) were killed on a boat about the same time Paul's song came out...but you are right.

Comment

• chefcraig
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Apr 2004

Why the Beatles Broke Up: The New Issue of Rolling Stone

Photograph by ©Apple Corps Ltd. 2009

On January 30th, 1969, the Beatles made their last public appearance, performing a gig on the roof of Apple Records. A year later, they were done for real: Paul McCartney sued to dissolve the band, concluding what Mikal Gilmore calls “one of the most mysterious and complicated end-of-romance tales of the 20th century.”

But what really did the Beatles in? In our new issue, on stands today, Gilmore launches an exhaustive, fresh investigation into an oft-examined topic, recounting the last years of the world’s greatest group — the tumultuous time during which they released their best work. Tracing the Beatles’ artistic conflicts over the White Album sessions and Let It Be, as well as the management shifts that brought Allen Klein to power and changes in the bandmembers’ personal lives, Gilmore comes to the conclusion that the demise of the Beatles was far worse than a “divorce,” as John Lennon had referred to it. “The Beatles’ end was an accident, a maneuver by John Lennon that went horribly wrong,” he writes in our story behind the story.

“Why the Beatles Broke Up” is on newsstands now. Read Gilmore’s essay explaining his conclusions — and how he arrived at them — plus flip through an illustrated guide to the Beatles’ last days and photos of their entire career, as well as a guide to their full catalog, and hear audio from Jann S. Wenner’s landmark 1970 Lennon interview at our Essential Beatles Coverage page.

Why the Beatles Broke Up: The New Issue of Rolling Stone : Rolling Stone : Rock and Roll Daily

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...