X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by FORD
    Well, he was in the Jeff Beck group, which was actually the first band to use the concept of "Led Zeppelin" that Page & Beck discussed a couple years earlier. Though the bass player in that proposed lineup probably would have been John Entwistle. (With Keith Moon on drums, who actually came up with the name "Led Zeppelin")

But by the time anybody noticed that there were two bands featuring ex Yardbirds guitarists doing pretty much the same thing, Beck got over it and ran off to do some jazz fusion thing, and Woody & Rod joined the Faces, where they did pretty much the same thing the Stones were doing.
    FORD, in his autobiography "Ronnie", Wood actually tells a story of a meeting he claims took place in Peter Grant's office. In addition to Grant, also present were Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and John Bonham. Wood claims (with an apparent straight face) that he was offered the position of Led Zeppelin's lead guitarist at this meeting. To hear Wood tell it, the band was already formed, with Page joining last.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• GreenBayLA
      Sniper
      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by SparkieD
      Yeah, just like somebody's space-cadet grandma!
      Hey my grandma can drink you under the table!

The Elfoid_TFS: regarding Ronnie Wood's Zep story, well they had good drugs in the 60's/70's eh?
      "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Comment

• fryingdutchman
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by chefcraig
        Aerosmith ready to strike back at frontman Steven Tyler

He can be the next Old Navy lady!!!
        Last edited by fryingdutchman; 08-25-2009, 09:41 AM.
        Originally posted by perilouspete
        fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

I always thought that Pat Benatar would end up aging into a chipmunk before Tyler ever did.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Mr Walker
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

AEROSMITH Frontman: 'I Respect The Power This Band Has' - Aug. 25, 2009
            David Browne of RollingStone.com recently conducted an interview with AEROSMITH frontman Steven Tyler. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

RollingStone.com: Care to comment on that clip on TMZ of you in a liquor store?

Tyler: Oh, Jesus Christ. A good friend of mine and Joe's [Perry; AEROSMITH guitarist] — the brother of the guy who works on my house, my housekeeper — passed away. I was at the funeral. And after the funeral, they're Italian and had a feast at the house, a wake, and I stopped at the liquor store and paid for the booze. I did not buy any for myself. It was never proven that I did. Some kid whipped out a phone and took a picture. Anything to sell papers. It was for the wake. I would do it over and over a million times.

RollingStone.com: How do you respond to reports of dissent within the band?

Tyler: Someone is leaking stuff, pretending to know, and you know, I don't even care. Has the band done things to me where I've wanted to quit? Positively. But I've stuck in there for the sake of a few sounds we got. I respect the power this band has in and of itself regardless of who says what.

RollingStone.com: When did you last speak with the other guys?

Tyler: Two days ago. Shit's good. I'm not the leader. No one's the leader, we're just one for all, all for one. It's probably why we've never quit. No one's got enough money! We split it evenly.

RollingStone.com: But you have signed with a different management company than the band, and you're working on a solo album.

Tyler: I would imagine … I can't tell you for sure, but I think there's a little animosity that I went with another management agency. Which is for me to know and you to find out. I'm certainly not in outs with the guys. But look, I do what I do. The easiest thing in the world is to say he's drunk or stoned. But what are you gonna do?

Read the entire interview from RollingStone.com.

Comment

• GreenBayLA
              Sniper
              • Jan 2006

Regarding that night he fell Tyler said he was “As sober as you can be.”
              On his injury recovery: “I’m on all the drugs I’m not supposed to be on.”
              painkillers, not heroin I presume

Not sure I believe the "I'm was buying booze for a wake" story but who knows?
              In-fighting? Aerosmith was famous for their post-concert fights in the 70's so what has changed?
              "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Comment

• GreenBayLA
                Sniper
                • Jan 2006

How many more posts til I get off, err past Head Fluffer status??

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by GreenBayLA
                  How many more posts til I get off, err past Head Fluffer status??
                  You can read about the rankings here. You'll need 500 posts to advance, so in the meantime, you can input a title above it to distract people. Go to your User CP and click "Edit Your Details". Under "Additional Information" you will find the option to input your own "Custom Title".
                  Last edited by chefcraig; 08-26-2009, 07:14 PM.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig

Is it too late for Steven to pull an Eddie Van Halen?

The difference from that Schmegal EVH pic on the red carpet a few years back compared to his current wedding pics is nothing short of phenomenal. If Ed made such a miraculous turnaround in his appearance, do you think some of these other guys could? Tyler, Perry, Keith Richards, etc...?
                    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Panamark
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

No fucken way ????

I cant even see any form of resemblence to Steven Tyler ??
                      Thats some dude and his Grandmother !
                      BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• WACF
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

Joe Perry will be the guest on Eddie Trunk's Sat. show on monday...with any luck we will see where things are at as far as Tyler goes.

Comment

Working...