X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rocking ron
    Head Fluffer
    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by binnie
    Rock the Nations wasa a terrible album. Only 'Northern Lady' prevented it from being a complete disaster....
    That's what you get when a band starting to do or try things they not used to, what I've mentioned was they were trying to 'capture' the America (music) market and went much to much commercial
    and we all know ( and Saxon too right now haha ) that part doesn't fit this band!!!
    And back in '86 I've hated this album but time heals......

Comment

• rocking ron
      Head Fluffer
      • Sep 2010

JOHNNY LIMA = LIVIN' OUT LOUD 2009

After some years of working as producer for bands like 'DIRTY PENNY' and 'FREAKSHOW' , guitarplayer,producer and singer-songwriter Johnny Lima

is back with his 5th album "LIVIN' OUT LOUD".

It's a little more guitar orientaded cd than his previous releases and there are no fillers to find right here, okay 'ON FIRE' and 'SOMEBODY TO LOVE' are maybe simple

rockers but still to good to use the 'skip' button !! I think this is Lima's best one he has ever done, good work.

Best Songs : WILDFLOWER // NOWHERE TO GO // HATE TO LOVE YOU // ALL I WANNA DO

Comment

• rocking ron
        Head Fluffer
        • Sep 2010

[SIZE="5"]OLIVER WEERS = EVIL's BACK ( 2011 )

Danish X-Factor ( 2nd ) finalist 2007 Oliver Weers is back with his 2nd album "Evil's Back".
        With the making of his 1st album "GET READY" he gets help from ex-members of WHITESNAKE ; Tommy Aldridge and Marco Mendoze and this time he has
        all unknown musicians in his band!!!
        But this seems to be no problem at all for Oliver Weers who's with his great voice absolutely in top-form and also producer Tristian Thomsen did great work overhere.

This 'Classic Rock' album contains 2 (power)ballads ; "BEAUTIFULL RAIN" and "RAINBOW STAR" and 10 up-tempo songs, and the funpart is that they're all amazing!!!
        From the intro and 1st song "EVIL's BACK" till' "DEMOLITION MAN" , they've all good harmonies and a hard-rocking, modern, funky and exciting style.
        Absolutely no fillers on this album and for me personally is EVIL's BACK one of the best releases of 2011!!!

Hope to see Oliver Weers live in the near future and I'm gonne re-listen his 1st album ( Get Ready -2007- ) for sure !!!
        Can't wait for the man's 3rd album, hopefully he willsurprise us again!!!

Best Songs : ALL MY LIFE // NEED IT BAD // MUCH TOO MUCH // HERO

Comment

• rocking ron
          Head Fluffer
          • Sep 2010

SINNER = CRASH & BURN 2008

Got this album a few months ago by accident and didn't now anything of this band.

Ofcourse I've heard/read from MATT SINNER but wasn't familiar with his music at al.

This seems to be Sinner's 16th!! studio album and from 1992 he has started with vocalist Ralf Scheepers ( ex-Gamma Ray ) another rockband called "PRIMAL FEAR"!!!

Sinner started in 1982 and these German rockers have sold now over a million and band-leader Matt Sinner isn't only vocalist but also playing bass , song-writer and producer.

In spite of his a bit hoarse monotony voice the man puts a lot of harmonies in his songs and with the heavy guitar-sound and the good rythm section it sounds excellent all
          together!!
          I can't find any bad song on this album, even the 'ballad' "UNTIL IT HEARTS" is more than ok.

Most songs are up-tempo with like I said before, great hooks and very strong melodies wich don't leave your head when you've heard these songs !!

I'm very happy I've 'discovered' this band, very curious to their earlier ( and up-coming!! ) stuff so there's enough to listen for the next couple of weeks/months !!!

Best Songs : BREAK THE SILENCE // REVOLUTION // UNBREAKABLE // LITTLE HEAD

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

I quite like Primal Fear: if you're a fan of power metal then they're definitely for you.
            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Are they as good as Anal Bleeding, Mental Agony or Unspecified Growth?

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                Don't leave out Painful Rectal Itch.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Did they not support Blood in Urine or was that Suppurating Wart?

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

They were on the bottom of a bill featuring Dog Vomit, Monkey Pus and Mangled Baby Ducks. Only after 10,000 Nuns and Orphans That Were Eaten By Rats had to cancel.

Saturday Night Live Transcripts

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I always thought 'Diseased fetus on a pitchfork' was Dog Vomits best album.

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        It strikes me that 'Mnetal Agony' would be a great band name. There is a band called Anal Cunt, so your parody was very accurate.....

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

For the record, 'Primal Fear' sound like a cross between Priest and Maiden.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It strikes me that 'Mnetal Agony' would be a great band name. There is a band called Anal Cunt, so your parody was very accurate.....
                            My favourite real life one was underneath a picture in Kerrang of 4 very angry, unattractive, spotty, plump guys called Celibacy. Have you heard them, I think they were around in the 90s at least?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

For the record, 'Primal Fear' sound like a cross between Priest and Maiden.
                              Gay and repetitive?

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

They're a decent slab of European power metal. Faux operatic, mellodramatic and full of atmospherics (aswell as being a little bit silly without recognizing it.)

Comment

Working...