Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • atomicpunk5151
    Head Fluffer
    • Aug 2004

I was just looking at Maiden's tour plans and it seems they are taking a 6 month break from Touring. That is kind of strange since they just released a cd only 1 week ago.

You would think they would be out promoting right now with a full Final Frontier Tour?

Their next official show is in FEb 2011 in Australia.

Maybe they just haven't announced fall dates?

Comment

• Mr Badguy
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

They usually do a British tour around December following a new CD release.

They did it wit "BNW","DOD" and "AMOLAD".

Hopefully they will again.

I hope to get a ticket before the fucking scalpers get in there.
      sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
        Head Fluffer
        • Aug 2004

Looks like Iron Maiden TFF will debut at #1 in 15 different countries. #1 in the UK

#4 in the USA on Billboard, they couldn't knock off Emimen or Kem.

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

It's a good record, but we knew it would be.

What strikes me, however, is that it's a little mis-mash: they clearly want to make a prog album, but don't quite have the confidence to abandon 'classic' Maiden entirely, so we get a little of both. To me, the two halves of the album don't sit well together. I also feel that some of the songs are long for the sake of being long - the first four minutes, for example, is the sound of 6 middle-aged men sitting in a room masturbating.

But, it's very good, and very ambitious. If bands don't experiment, they become AC/DC. Is it as solid as AMOLAD? Not to these ears. Nor is it a patch on 'Brave New World', which is a minor classic IMO. But its very good. I respect Maiden for always growing and realizing that any attempt to compete with the glory days would fail - the last time they tried it we got 'No Prayer For the Dying'. 'Nuff said.
          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• ashstralia
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Feb 2004

got it, love it.
            they're headlining 'soundwave' here, big festival with a heap of other cool bands. check the website.

did you boys and girls get the cd in the little tin box? i thought that was classy.

Comment

• rockhead
              Roadie
              • Jan 2006

Got mine to and have also got tickets to see them when they play the Sydney Entertainment Centre on Feburary 27.Saw them back in 2008 and was unreal to see them live doin their back catalogue.I cant wait....will be interesting to see what sort of old stuff they will play, or how much of the setlist may change by then.

Comment

• ace diamond
                Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

overall, i like the record.
                it has it's good points and a few weaker ones, but overall as a whole it's a good record.
                Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
                "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• ashstralia
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Feb 2004

just had another listen....i really dig this cd. like binnie said, kudos for evolution.

from a production standpoint, there are some really interesting guitar tones too.

as some of you guys know i teach shreddy/rock guitar for my job, some of the modern metal

bands the kids like have godawful guitar sounds. a protools setup doth not imbue one with good ears!!!

Comment

Working...