Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kissfan1976
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2010

I agree with some of the comments on that website,the music sounds like Nickleback.

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

I don't hear the Nickleback connection.

As I've said above, I'm not really that impressed - on first listen I'd say that the production is certainly better than 'Black Rain', and that Ozzy's vocals sound more aggressive and stronger than he has in years, largely because he's almost talking rather than singing. The guitar playing is a little generic for me - whilst flashy, there's not a lot of individuality there, it could be anyone playing that solo.

The song is an attempt at an anthem, but the elevator stops way short of the top floor.........
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Agree production-wise it's the best thing he's done in years, but apart from the solo it's just kinda flat. Sounds like he's trying too hard to be "contemporary". My former drummer and a couple of co-workers think I'm crazy, they love it.
        Originally posted by conmee
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
        Originally posted by eddie78
        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

They must be hard of hearing. It reminds me of when Alice Cooper was releasing stuff like 'Trash' and 'Hey Stoopid' - he'd become a parody of his former self, a cartoon villain. The music had big choruses, but it was devoid of the depth that made his earlier stuff great.

Same situation here, I'm afraid. This song is better than 'I Don't Wanna Stop', however.........
          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• kissfan1976
            Head Fluffer
            • Jan 2010

Man, I can just imagine the uproar if Gene was ever to replace Ace & Peter's guitar and drums with Eric & Tommy's on the first 6 KISS studio albums.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2004

Originally posted by kissfan1976
              Man, I can just imagine the uproar if Gene was ever to replace Ace & Peter's guitar and drums with Eric & Tommy's on the first 6 KISS studio albums.
              Shhhhhh.!!!
              Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

So when exactly is this box set coming out?
                There's no mention of it anywhere on the net.

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by kissfan1976
                  After the first 3 albums, it's debatable what tracks Ace and Peter did play on.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• kissfan1976
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by chefcraig
                    After the first 3 albums, it's debatable what tracks Ace and Peter did play on.
                    True.

I know there was some "Ace Ghosts" on Destoyer.

Comment

• kwame k
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Feb 2008

Everything Ozzy has done over the last decade or so sounds like a Rob Zombie rip-off, IMO.
                      Originally posted by vandeleur
                      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
                        Everything Ozzy has done over the last decade or so sounds like a Rob Zombie rip-off, IMO.
                        I remain unmoved one way or the other by this tune. When I was younger, music that sounded like it was made on an assembly line and failed to sound even remotely organic was called "corporate rock". This referred more than anything to the cynical nature of record companies then (and now), that fobbed this soul-free "music" on an apparently naive public. It was bland as vanilla and calculated right down to the beats per minute of the tunes. Today, you have crap bands like Nickleback that seem to have rediscovered the formula, and I believe that is where the comparison came from. What's even is worse is what you just pointed out, as here is an artist flagrantly aping acts that he himself influenced decades ago. And that's just plain sad.

I don't like it, nor do I hate it, as it's just sort of there. As an artist, you've probably reached a nadir when people are neither thrilled or appalled by your work.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• tojoro
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Dec 2009

Thrills,
                          There will supposedly be an announcement made in the August issue of Guitar World. I imagine they will announce the date then. I haven't heard much lately about Jack Osbourne's doc, but that was supposed to be out this year too.
                          Maybe the two will coincide.
                          2010 is shaping up to be a big year for Oz. Sabbath's debut turned 40, Blizzard of Ozz turned 30, he's had a book come out, an album coming out, the Rhoads DVD, and Jack's doc.
                          Busy guy...too bad the Sabbath anniv. is marred by the lawsuit with Tony, and the Blizzard anniv marred by....well, 'nuff said on that one!

Comment

• kwame k
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by chefcraig
                            I remain unmoved one way or the other by this tune. When I was younger, music that sounded like it was made on an assembly line and failed to sound even remotely organic was called "corporate rock". This referred more than anything to the cynical nature of record companies then (and now), that fobbed this soul-free "music" on an apparently naive public. It was bland as vanilla and calculated right down to the beats per minute of the tunes. Today, you have crap bands like Nickleback that seem to have rediscovered the formula, and I believe that is where the comparison came from. What's even is worse is what you just pointed out, as here is an artist flagrantly aping acts that he himself influenced decades ago. And that's just plain sad.

I don't like it, nor do I hate it, as it's just sort of there. As an artist, you've probably reached a nadir when people are neither thrilled or appalled by your work.
                            Very true, Craig.....Ozzy hasn't done anything for me since Ultimate Sin.
                            Originally posted by vandeleur
                            E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Speaking of documentaries, anyone heard when Peter Margolis' one about Randy is coming out? Seems like last I heard they'd reached a similar impasse with Sharon, Daisley and Kerlake: Sharon wants them to use the bastardized versions of the Blizzard and Diary material, while Bob and Lee rightfully insist that if they're being interviewed for and participating in the project, it damn well better be the original versions.

Sharon is so wrong on this issue - in multiple instances - it's sad. From everything I've heard (in some cases directly from friends and former bandmates) I think Randy would cunt-punt her if he could these days.
                              Originally posted by conmee
                              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                              Originally posted by eddie78
                              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• tojoro
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Dec 2009

J,
                                The Margolis doc is finished, the three year contract was up last Wed., but he did get it done, despite lots of naysayers have said, it is coming out. Not sure if it will still be submitted to Sundance this Sept. for potential distributors.
                                From what I heard recently, Peter spent a good sum flying his crew and equip. to Austrailia, where he was met by someone claiming to be Bob's manager demanding a lot of money for Bob to appear in the film, etc. needless to say, it sounds like it was a bad experience.
                                Bob wanted the original music to be used in the film, which makes sense, but if Peter is being told by the Osbournes that he can use the remasters or nothing, what is he supposed to do?
                                At least the trip wasn't a total waste, as they also went to interview Scott Shelly as well, who was the man who taught Randy guitar at Musonia, (Dee Rhoads' music school in Burbank)
                                For those here who have never visited any of the Rhoads forums, the past three years have been pretty fucked up, to say the least...at first everyone thought Peter was the greatest thing since sliced bread, but one by one, most turned their backs on him. It got pretty harsh, some very disturbed folks came out of the woodwork looking to sabotage Peter, and I could never understand that.
                                He's doing an awesome thing. Many people have approached the family, looking to make a film about Randy, but they were all turned away.
                                Peter got the green light, as he was a former student, (he has all of his lessons with Randy on casette still.), Peter did the 80's guitar-L.A. Club scene thing, eventually got through school, and wound up in the film industry.
                                It was a chance meeting on a set while speaking to a member of the crew, who wound up being Randy's tech during Quiet Riot's club days pre-Ozzy named Brian Reason, who put Peter in touch with the family.
                                There seem to be a lot of power struggles, egos, grudges and jealousy that could have derailed this, but it got done, and I look forward to seeing it very much.

Comment

Working...