Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

I look forward to seeing it too. I stop by the Rhoads boards occasionally.

Margolis was totally over a barrel in that situation, I feel for him - doing the right thing in that instance would have lessened the project by a wider margin, if not killed it outright - I mean, the crap remasters (I have the remastered ORIGINAL tracks CDs, the ones that came out before the dispute btw, & they sound great) vs. the complete absence of Rhoads' playing during that pivotal period in his life in the documentary of said life? Doesn't work. Again, shame on Sharon. I've been a fan of Ozzy since I was a teenager, still love the guy - but that situation is just fucked up. What sucks is she's too smart not to be aware of what that act does to Randy's legacy, she just doesn't CARE.

I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Ozzy after in '97 at an interview/signing he was doing he instructed his assistant to come and explain to me how he was making sure I'd get MORE $$ for my Rhoads autographed Diary Tour Program, me quoting assistant quoting Ozzy here "should you ever decide to sell it but he said "bet he's never gonna.". He's right.
    Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2007

Sharon Osbourne says she's having her breast implants removed this summer and will give them to her husband, rocker Ozzy Osbourne, as a paperweight.
      The 57-year-old reality TV star says the implants will be better on Ozzy's desk "than on my chest 'cause they're awful."
      She confirmed reports of her plans to do so during an appearance Monday on the "Today" show.
      Osbourne is competing on NBC's "The Celebrity Apprentice."
      She says the show is the hardest thing she's ever done in her career, but also the best.
      Says Osbourne: "It's constant mental pressure, and you've got such a short time to do each challenge. ... It's really tough."
      ___
      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by jhale667
        I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Ozzy after in '97 at an interview/signing he was doing he instructed his assistant to come and explain to me how he was making sure I'd get MORE $$ for my Rhoads autographed Diary Tour Program, me quoting assistant quoting Ozzy here "should you ever decide to sell it but he said "bet he's never gonna.". He's right.
        No comprehend...:confused:

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
          http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100419/...Fyb25vc2JvdXI-

Sharon Osbourne says she's having her breast implants removed this summer and will give them to her husband, rocker Ozzy Osbourne, as a paperweight.
          The 57-year-old reality TV star says the implants will be better on Ozzy's desk "than on my chest 'cause they're awful."

___
          Daisley paid for the left one and Kerslake the right.

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
            Daisley paid for the left one and Kerslake the right.
            Meaning they have served their purpose and will be removed from sight forever more. Unless you really believe that Ozzy Osbourne has a desk, let alone does anything while seated at it.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
              No comprehend...:confused:
              You'd like another slightly more detailed synopsis? M'kay...
              When I was working for the company that also did Rockline in '97, Ozzy came into the offices to do an interview.We'd been pre-warned he didn't want to meet anyone, but had graciously agreed to sign whatever anyone wanted. Knowing this, I took the opportunity to bring in my Diary of a Madman tour program I'd been lucky enough to have Randy, Rudy, and Don Airey sign when I met them after the show in '82, but Ozzy hadn't come out of the venue at the time, nor had Tommy Aldridge, so it was missing their signatures.
              I was excited to get Ozzy to sign it after all these years. They'd put post-its with everyone's name on each item so Ozzy could personalize them (as well as to facilitate them keeping track of the items submitted). Well, apparently Ozzy FLIPPED OUT when he saw my program (heard him through a soundproof wall), even HE hadn't seen an authentic Rhoads signature in ages, and he recognized it immediately. He told them to tell me he was NOT going to personalize it "To Jay" due to the fact that personalized autographs fetch less than regular non ones, and he wanted to make sure should I ever DECIDE to sell it, I'd get the maximum bang for my buck, but when my buddies told him I'd been holding on to it since I was 14, he said "He's probably NEVER gonna sell this!".

Props to the old man for that one.
              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Igosplut
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Neat story J....
                Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Cool...

And the new song is growing on me...

Ozzy sounds good for an old fart...

Comment

• jhale667
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

The song I'm still kinda "meh" about, but I reeeeally like the solo the more I hear it. As someone on a gear forum put it "it sure is nice to hear those extra two notes in the scale in an Ozzy solo after all these years, isn't it?"

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Yeah, but only us guitar players hear that kind of thing...

Everyone else just hears the song with the vocals being the main focus, and in that aspect it's not bad...

Comment

• jhale667
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

No, I agree there, and it's NOT bad, actually...just not WOW either, y'know?

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Yeah, I agree, but Ozzy's voice does sound good even though there's no higher register signature 'Ozzy'...

He needs something he can actually sing live...

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

I'll be interested to hear him pull this one off live...listen to the chorus carefully...notice every time he says "Let me hear you GO wild, GO" whatever...you can tell they've punched in that syllable. It's the exact same "Go" each time...was he running out of breath, or just pitchy during that part? Will be interesting to see if they pipe it in, or "augment" him in any way during that part live...

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

Sounds like alternating lines to me...

They should leave out the piped in vocals and just let Ozzy fill it in with let me see your f***ing hands!

Comment

• chefcraig
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Apr 2004

Just be glad the producer didn't use that dreadful auto-tune device on the vocals. Every other song you hear these days reminds you of a Cher single from over a decade ago.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...